Start by marking “Peculiar, MO” as Want to Read:
Peculiar, MO

Peculiar, MO

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Welcome to Peculiar, MO. For most, life is good in this idyllic Midwestern town, until a falling star brings an unearthly menace. Soon animals are found dying of a mysterious disease, and an invasion of mind and soul overcomes the townspeople. A hidden military operation makes its presence known, as it tries to prevent an alien life cycle from reaching its terrifying clima ...more
Published January 7th 2010 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Peculiar, MO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peculiar, MO

Bonnie
Dec 30, 2010 Bonnie rated it liked it
A meteor containing alien life forms hits the small, rural town of Peculiar, MO. A few Peculiar inhabitants begin experiencing strange dreams and visions. Animals begin acting wildly. The lives of several Peculiar residents are linked together in this suspenseful, science fiction novel.

I enjoyed this novel because it was suspenseful in parts, had well developed characters and was very well written.

For the most part, the book was suspenseful and a page turner. I had to get to the next page, cha
Trinette
Aug 25, 2009 Trinette rated it liked it
I picked this book up because Peculiar is the next town south of where I live; I was curious but didn't expect much when I chose it. I was surprised that I enjoyed reading this sci-fi story. I think another writer might have told it better, and I was often confused by the "sci" parts. I was also distracted by the poor proofreading. But I did enjoy the geographical and I thought the characters were well-developed and easily imagined.
Debra Slonek
Oct 26, 2013 Debra Slonek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
Welcome to Peculiar, where all is not well. An imaginative, alien invasion wreaks havoc in small town America. The storyline is mainly sci-fi, but is also a suspenseful thriller with horror and even a touch of romance included. Filled with satisfying interactions between well developed characters. Alliances were forged and enemies were identified. A creepy, satisfying adventure in reading.
Kipp Poe
Feb 05, 2010 Kipp Poe rated it it was amazing
Wow this story takes a hold of you and takes you further and further into terror you will never look at trees and cats the same ever again. Fantastic character development where you walk away feeling like you have actually met these people. Well worth the price don't pass it up
Adele Clagett
Jun 27, 2010 Adele Clagett rated it it was ok
I did finish reading this story, but I'm afraid it just wasn't my "cup of tea" so to speak. I will add though - I did develop an interest in the characters and wanted to find out how they all fared.

Note to author - I suggest another round of proof-reading.
Scott Collins
Nov 15, 2009 Scott Collins rated it really liked it
Great read. I loved the character development and found myself attached to many of the characters and really disliking others. Well written story that kept me guessing. I look forward to reading other novels by Mr. Williams.
Diane
Jan 03, 2010 Diane rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult
I put this on my Kindle because it had Missouri in the title and that intrigued this Missouri girl. It turned out to be more sci-fi than books that I choose to read. I did enjoy the writing up to the end.
Nightraine
Apr 11, 2012 Nightraine rated it liked it
For the most part this was a very good sci-fi read. Had some of the Thing feel to it with the alien creature. Left me a little flat at the end, but would recommend to fans of sci-fi/horror.
Jp
Jul 09, 2011 Jp rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This was a tremendous book. A deep an realistic-feeling science fiction thriller in the vein of Stephen King and Michael Chrichton. Fascinating from beginning to end.
Cheryl
Dec 12, 2010 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
Kevin Kinnen
Kevin Kinnen rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
FLbookgirl
FLbookgirl marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
holly hollar
holly hollar rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
John Langlois
John Langlois marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Cody McCarter
Cody McCarter rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Laurabird
Laurabird rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Dave Sippel
Dave Sippel rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Groovykool
Groovykool rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2015
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Sherri Curtis
Sherri Curtis rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2015
Kelly Barnett
Kelly Barnett rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Emmy
Emmy is currently reading it
Jan 12, 2015
DIANA MOORE
DIANA MOORE rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Vohra Kay
Vohra Kay marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Holly Parker
Holly Parker rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Lisa Stowe
Lisa Stowe rated it did not like it
Aug 09, 2014