Start by marking “The Sea King” as Want to Read:
The Sea King

The Sea King

In this sexy, emotional debut, a beautiful Saxon princess must guard her heart against the formidable Viking who is the enemy of her people...

Kol Thorleksson, the powerful Viking warrior known as the Sea King, owes his life to the young Saxon woman who risked everything to free him from bondage. Two years later, he has returned to Norsex, this time to wreak vengeance on th
Mass Market Paperback, 295 pages
Published June 6th 2006 by Berkley Sensation (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Sea King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sea King

Paula Quinn
May 23, 2010 Paula Quinn rated it it was amazing
Jolie Mathis has put herself at the top of my auto-buy list. (along with only four others) I've been hungry for a good Viking tale, and The Sea King more than satisfied. With an exquisite hand, Ms. Mathis pens a passionate tale of revenge, love and redemption. Kol is the perfect hero, an alpha male who isn't afraid to be gentle. Isabel leaps off the page, leaving the reader immersed in every emotion. Secondary characters also add depth to an already wonderful story. My only regret after reading ...more
Nicola Sheridan
Jul 02, 2013 Nicola Sheridan rated it really liked it
There were a lot of things I liked about this book. I'm totally fascinated with Vikings at the moment, and I loved the fact that hero falls for a woman with an illegitimate child - and I did not see the surprise coming at end! Who would have guessed it?

Another reviewer referred to this as a 'who's the baby daddy?' romance, and in a manner of speaking it is, but it was also so much more. I really did feel the hero and heroine's connection and their romance was lovely and it honestly did keep me g
Angarad
Nov 26, 2013 Angarad rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story between soul mates who had to overcome so many obstacles to finally be together.
I loved the multiple mysteries, half truths that left us guessing during most of the book. Despite all the lies and dissimulation, Kol and Isabels feelings for each other are true and deep.
The final twist was a great surprise, which is something I greatly enjoy in a book, no expecting the unexpected. And when nobody sees it coming, it is even better, proof that the author has a very creative and in
Clover
Jul 22, 2014 Clover rated it it was amazing
I read this book several years ago and have it in my "keeper" pile. Just recently reread it and thoroughly enjoyed it once more. Why? In a word: Vikings. Yep, that's all that bears saying. Vikings, baby. Vikings.

She has a new cover now although I much prefer this older version. Just saying.
Janice
Aug 10, 2014 Janice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeper
I normally favor historicals set in the Regency period, but since this book was written by one of my favorite authors (Lily Dalton) under a different pen name, I thought I’d give it a try. I wasn’t disappointed. Jolie Mathis delivers a great Viking romance with a wonderful hero and heroine and nonstop action. The heroine saves the hero from death only to face him two years later when he comes to kill her brother. How they find the way to true love is brilliant. My kind of catnip!
Julie
A wonderfully rich medieval romance spun with the talent of a superb storyteller! A victory from all aspects. A well detailed plot complex with danger, intrigue, betrayal, lust, love, and sacrifice. Both moments of laughter and tears woven together so magically. Characters to truly love and hate. Only very talented writers can bring both laughter and tears, each in sincere abundance. Another amazing author to follow!
Pamela(AllHoney)
I think the one thing that really kept me going with this novel was the question of "who's the daddy?"
It wasn't a bad novel but it wasn't that great either. The viking theme is not one of my favorite settings but I did feel this author has a lot of potential and I would definitely try another by her.
Kristen
Apr 17, 2008 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Great book, phenomenal writing. Wow!
Noelle
May 15, 2007 Noelle marked it as to-read
Shelves: ridiculous, romance
Who da baby daddy? Viking-style.
Ashen
Nov 18, 2013 Ashen rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
3.5 stars. The heroine just annoyed me at times.
Jaclyn Goss
Nov 13, 2008 Jaclyn Goss rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Amazing book! Perfect for any romance reader, and as a suggestion for any woman looking for some mindless distraction. Well written and enjoyable! I'm disapointed she hasn't written anything since!!
mrs karen bowskin
mrs karen bowskin rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Ramona
Ramona rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2014
Mike.q
Mike.q rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2010
Persephone
Persephone rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Tiffany Clark
Tiffany Clark rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2013
JudyB
JudyB rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2012
MelissaB
MelissaB rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2008
Danielle Dunn
Danielle Dunn rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Nita
Nita rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2008
Gerri
Gerri rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2008
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Lexy
Lexy rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • The Wedding Vow
  • Sins From Her Past (Scandalous, #1)
  • The Wicked Earl  (Harlequin Historical Series, #843)
  • The Rogue's Disgraced Lady (The Notorious St Claires, #3)
  • Once Upon A Scandal
  • Midnight Enchantment (Midnight, #4)
  • Once Forbidden (MacKendimen, #2)
  • A Promise of Love
  • How to Seduce a Bride (Botany Bay, #4)
  • The Marriage Surrender
  • You And No Other
  • Tempted by Your Touch (Brides of the Bloodstone, #1)
  • Just This Once
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • Northern Lights
  • Desperate Match (Coded for Love, #5)
  • Midnight's Bride (The Blackthorn Trilogy #2)
I was raised by my parents to believe I could do anything I put my mind to. As an Army family, we moved every couple of years to a new location and a new school, and I enjoyed the experience of seeing new places and making more friends. I later graduated from Texas A&M University, and worked in the legal field for the next 10-plus years.

Shortly after the birth of my first child, my mother took
More about Jolie Mathis...