Start by marking “Imagine That!: Activities and Adventures in Surrealism” as Want to Read:
Imagine That!: Activities and Adventures in Surrealism

Imagine That!: Activities and Adventures in Surrealism

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  2 reviews
An introduction to Surrealism which includes guidance for related activities as well as brief biographies of six artists: Salvador Dali, Rene Magritte, Max Ernst, Joan Mir, Merit Oppenheim, and Frida Kahlo.
Published June 1st 2004 by Watson-Guptill Publications

To ask other readers questions about Imagine That!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imagine That!

Charlotte Dungan
We have really enjoyed this book. My only complaint is that the artist biographies and pictures of their artwork are thin but that was easily remedied by a trip to the library. Biographies are a dime a dozen and can be adjusted up or down in terms of maturity and reading ability. The real strength of this book is the selection of projects. They are varied and include both written and artwork of many different types. I liked the look of this book before we started but the true nature of the book...more
Carol
OK book -- I think it's more for teachers (art projects) than what they have regarding artists (only 1 painting per artist.) Personally I don't think of Frida Kahlo as a surrealist artist.
Anand Mandapati
Anand Mandapati marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Apr 02, 2013
Marta
Marta added it
Nov 20, 2012
Express Yourself!: Activities and Adventures in Expressionism Picture This!: Activities and Adventures in Impressionism (Art Explorers) What's the Big Idea?: Activities and Adventures in Abstract Art Make It Pop!: Activities and Adventures in Pop Art (Art Explorers) Express Yourself (Activities and Adventures in Expressionism)