Start by marking “The Naked Duke (Naked Nobility, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Naked Duke (Naked Nobility, #1)

The Naked Duke (Naked Nobility #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  1,638 ratings  ·  157 reviews
The Surprise Of Her Life

Sophisticated. Scandalous. In fact, Miss Sarah Hamilton, a proper Philadelphian, finds London society altogether shocking. How can it be that she has awakened from her innocent slumber to find herself in bed next to a handsome--and exceedingly naked--man? The laughing onlookers standing in the doorway are no help whatsoever and surely this amorous l

Published February 1st 2005 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about The Naked Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naked Duke

Outlander by Diana GabaldonDark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghBorn in Sin by Kinley MacGregorTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Books with Virgin Heroes
28th out of 292 books — 543 voters
The Duke and I by Julia QuinnA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtWhitney, My Love by Judith McNaughtSomething Wonderful by Judith McNaughtEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean
Dukes... Bring 'em on!
54th out of 342 books — 527 voters

More lists with this book...

Samantha
Susan (susayq ~)
What a great story! I want a James for myself! *whispers* And he was a virgin!!!

This had some definite funny moments, but don't think this was all roses and smiles. James had a nasty cousin, who made his nastiness known, loud and clear. Other than the ending being a bit abrupt for my taste,(I would have liked to have an epilogue) this was a great read:)
Netanella
First paragraph: The devil was still asleep.
Sarah Hamilton squeezed closer to the stagecoach window. The farmer next to her grunted, shifting his considerable weight to take over the small space she'd made between them. The movement sent yet another fetid blast of yesterday's fish and sweat her way.

With that lovely aromatic opening, our book begins with penniless pseudo-aristocrat Sarah Hamilton traveling to her English uncle's estate after the death of her father in America. Arriving late, Sara
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic

I am a huge fan of the “marriage to avoid scandal” plotline in my regency romances, because there’s something supremely romantic to me about two virtual strangers who are forced to forge a marriage of convenience due to society’s dictates, and yet find a deep and abiding love together.

Overall, I did feel that the positive points outweighed the negatives, though there were a few things that seemed to be at odds with the
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Although this book did have some good bit and some humourous situations and dialogue, I can't rate it more then a 3 Stars, as for me it was just a bit average, I didn't hate it and I didn't love it and I will probably forget about it fairly quickly.

Everyone was very pleasent in it, and it was very lighthearted, I was hoping it would be a it like Julia Quinn's style of romance; humourous and romantic and with no real angst in it. However, it was no where near as good. The hero James, the Duke of
Hannah
A cute story, with one or two interesting characters, but nothing particularly fascinating or original.

James, the Duke, is guaranteed to sweep girls off their feet with his charming manners and determination to convince Sarah to marry him. Sarah's supposed naivete and lack of understanding in the social life and rules of her class in England are bordering on unbelievable, however. I found it hard to seriously believe that she couldn't understand the danger that James' brother and his hirelings
Bookswithbenefits
Sally MacKenzie begins her "Naked" series with James Runyon, Duke of Alford, and Miss Sarah Hamilton, the poor American cousin of the Earl of Westbrooke, Robert (Robbie) Hamilton (James best friend).

Synopsis: Miss Sarah Hamilton leaves Philadelphia for England when her father, an English second-son transplant, makes her promise on his deathbed that she will return to her Uncle's, the Earl of Westbrooke, house. Tired, poor, and having lost her luggage in the bay by Liverpool, the red-haired Sarah
Yumru
Kitap çok hoş başladı değişik bir konu diyerek okumaya devam ettim ve sayfalar ilerledikçe bazı bölümler ciddi anlamda rahatsız etti,özellikle kötü karakterin yaptığı şeyleri okumak sinirlerimi bozdu açıkçası.

Hadi dedim takılmamaya çalış devam et ama baş erkek karakterin bir anısıda beni iyice gerdi,açıklama yapmak isterdim ama okumayanlara haksızlık olur diye yazmıyorum ama ben cidden etkilendim özellikle titiz biri olrak bazı şeyler beni etkiliyor:))

Kısaca söylemek gerekirse başları güzel başl
Dhristi
I would have given this 4 stars except for the fact that it wasn't intense enough. The hero is such a normal guy, nothing special except for the fact that he knows what he wants. The heroine is from America and doesn't like British lords. But at the end she loves him anyway.

The interesting fact is that the hero is a virgin. There are less stories of Virgin hero's and this is my first :D . Love, Villain, Fight, Jealousy, Murder, Rape.. it has all the factor except for the fact that it wasn't inte
Heather Wiese
Melissa
This book had a great beginning. That is the only good thing I can say about it.

The heroine, Sarah, was junior highish, to the point that I didn't want to read sex scenes with her. I never did figure out why the male lead, James, liked her. Or why she liked him for that matter. James was just blah. After about the dozenth time of him calling Sarah 'sweatheart' or 'love' I wanted to punch him in the face, if only he were real.

Now on to the thing that irritated me the most. The author made a poin
Anissa
I thought this was going to be one of those lighthearted, frothy regency romance novels, with lovable mains & giggle worthy situations & perfect for a poolside read. Not so much. Once we get beyond the initial misunderstanding anchoring the plot. It honestly felt like the author couldn't decide if she wanted to go with lighthearted or something more. Richard & Phillip killed any real levity there could have been to be had in this story, so vile were they. Sarah Hamilton lost me prett ...more
Melodie
Victoria (BotulismFreak)
Jun 04, 2012 Victoria (BotulismFreak) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: A woman who appreciates fine men in tight fitting pants.
Every once in a while, a girl needs a little bit of junk-food. The Naked series by Sally MacKenzie is my literary version of a three pound box of cheese-its. What is it about Victorian Romances that whip women into a tizzy?

Any-who, I can happily say that The Naked Duke, the first book of the Naked series, is full to bursting with scandalous situations, hilarious encounters, and of course, gossip mongers of the worst sort. Once you pick it up, you can't help but read through to see if the courage
Dragana
I am usually a fan of regency historical romance novels, but somehow I did not enjoy this one very much.
(view spoiler)
Amy :o)
I was looking for a light type of Regency Romance to read when a friend of mine suggested this series. I really didn't want anything over the top, but something with a little substance to it. This book met that criteria.

This was a quick and easy read.... I basically read it in a day. The storyline had the commonly used naïve virgin, the mean protagonist psycho, and the Knight in shining armor so to speak. It also provided some other funny characters like 'the aunts', as well as characters that
ARomanceLover
What I liked about this different take on the forced marriage due to scandal was that the Duke allowed Sarah time to adjust to the idea before they were forced to the altar which I haven't seen often. This was a quick, light read with a typically evil baddy heir who wants the dukedom at any cost so no surprises there (except for his loyal lover/manservant which was interesting). A good start to the series and I enjoyed the supporting characters, especially the Aunt and her companion.
Artemissia
Niveau sensualité on repassera et pour celles qui ont l'habitude des A&P, ça peu dérouter mais finalement j'ai passé un très bon moment de lecture.

Le style de Sally MacKenzie est léger et sa manière de dépeindre la société Londonienne du 18eme siècle, douce et empreinte d'une certaine pudeur.
Les héros sont sympathiques avec un gros plus pour le héros que j'ai trouvé tout mimi et... assez surprenant ^^.
Dhini
I loved this book!!A beautiful historical romantic comedy.This book tells the story of Sarah Hamilton who finds her love story when she entered the wrong bedroom,James (Duke of Alford) bedroom..And this book made me laugh a lot although there was a "dark moment",when Sarah nearly raped by James cousin..I really could imagine this story because Sally McKenzie described it well.One of my favourite book.
Katrina
A very enjoyable read. A few shocking and very unexpected occurances Out of the norm for a typical romance and I must admit they were rather diverting compaired to the "same-old same-old" in most romance books.

Because of the "OMG what the heck did I just read?" this book held my interest and I applaud Mackenzie for writing certain sections that I never dreamed I'd ever read in a romance.
Mem
Sarah Hamilton arrives in England after the death of her father. She promised him that she would find her uncle an live with him. On her arrival in London all her travel trunk ends up in the river and she is forced to travel by coach to her relatives. She arrives near the estate late at night so decides to get a room for the night. James,The Duke of Alvord ends up in the same room and bed through the interference of another and mistaken identity. Of course the two are expected to marry after the ...more
Amy Watt
I'm not really sure what to make of this book. Everything seemed to happen a bit too fast.

The book is written almost like someone doing one of those audio visual things on tv for visually impaired people - "Sarah walked up to the door. She lifted her hand. She opened the door." That sort of thing.

Also, there are SO MANY THINGS that it's obvious Richard has done and can be put away for, but no one seems to think anything of that - even though there's LOADS of evidence!

Sarah is an okay heroine -
MacKenzie's books are generally very silly and this one was no exception. My only quibble is that her villains are not silly. The very evil villain and the silly story conflict a bit.
Tantri Setyorini
It's better than The Naked Viscount. But, seriously MacKenzie, try to write some real bad boys like Sebastian St.Vincent and Gavin Byrne.
Fhily
Aduh.... kenapa belakangan ini saya baca tokoh cowoknya sweet gitu sih ._. James waw...
Ini Hot dah untuk ukuran saya -___-v
Rinou
L'ensemble est maladroit, on sent que c'est un premier livre, et j'ai du mal à comprendre l'engouement autour
Annette
Sarah has come from America to England to stay with her uncle, an Earl. She ends up in a room in a roadside inn, in bed with a naked man. It is all a misunderstanding. The man happens to be James, the Duke of Alvord. And the man who put her into the room as a joke happens to be her cousin, the new Earl.

This is a well written story. Ms MacKenzie is a talented writer. I hope to find other books by her.

This story at times becomes a little too much. For much of the book, this supposedly strong Amer
Michele Bolay
I had read and enjoyed Bedding Lord Ned (up until the last few chapters, that is, which felt flat), so I decided to take MacKenzie's Naked series to the beach with me last week. Honesty compels me to admit that, 1. I got them all from the library (I'm a librarian, so I tend to borrow if I can, rather than buy). 2. Because they were the only romances I had with me, I did try to read them all, but I would not have continued with the series otherwise.

Anyway, I did like a few better than the others
MB

Anyway, I did like a few better than the others
  • Lords of Desire
  • An Invitation to Sin
  • The Dangerous Lord (Lord Trilogy, #3)
  • Untouched
  • A Little Bit Wild (York Family, #1)
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • The Countess (Madison Sisters #1)
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • The Dangerous Debutante (Romney Marsh, #2)
  • To Pleasure A Lady (Courtship Wars #1)
  • Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right (Impossible Bachelors, #2)
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • His Secondhand Wife
  • The Runaway Duke
  • The Heir (Duke's Obsession, #1) (Windham, #1)
  • Secret Desires of a Gentleman (Girl Bachelors, #3)
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To Series #2)
Sally MacKenzie decided to become a writer in grade school when she read one of her stories to the class. Her classmates laughed and she was hooked. She sat down immediately to pen her first novel.

Well, not exactly.

The hooked part is right--cursed might be a better description--but the sitting down and writing part came later. Much later.

Sally eventually went on to college, majoring in English, a
More about Sally MacKenzie...
Bedding Lord Ned (Duchess of Love, #1) The Duchess of Love (Duchess of Love, #0.5) The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3) The Naked Earl (Naked Nobility, #4) The Naked Baron (Naked Nobility, #2)