Start by marking “7th Son: Book Three - Destruction” as Want to Read:
7th Son: Book Three - Destruction

7th Son: Book Three - Destruction (7th Son #3)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  840 ratings  ·  31 reviews
As day four in the 7th Son adventure begins, John Alpha's quest for anarchy and genocide enters its final stage.

At every turn, the global terrorist has been triumphant. The world is reeling from a nuclear attack. An unprecedented energy crisis is upon us. Alpha himself has exclusive access to the White House, and secret weapons primed to propel his conspiracy into the endg
Podiobook, 1 page
Published 2007

Infected by Scott SiglerEarthcore by Scott SiglerThe Rookie by Scott SiglerNocturnal by Scott SiglerAncestor by Scott Sigler
Best Free Audiobooks
9th out of 157 books — 481 voters
Infected by Scott Sigler7th Son by J.C. HutchinsContagious by Scott SiglerHeaven by Mur LaffertyPlaying for Keeps by Mur Lafferty
Books Available as Podcasts
11th out of 42 books — 32 voters

More lists with this book...

Jesse Whitehead
A.F. Grappin
7th Son: Destruction was a fitting close to this trilogy. Personally, I think my favorite book was the second, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy Destruction. Believe me, I did. I was riveted, often literally on the edge of my seat while I listened to the book at work. Loose ends are tied up, everything is explained brilliantly, without any of that James Bond villain-esque monologuing. Hutchins worked his way around that splendidly.

A little bit of a spoiler-- I could have done without the whol
I preferred this book and the whole series when I was listening to the podcast. Reading it, there are too many holes in the plot and convenient deus ex machinas. The final twist was also disappointing. The scale of the whole thing got too large for me. It gets to be a little bit unbelievable that two people could take over the whole entire world. And the last twist is crudely inserted into the plot and actually derails a central premise of the book (which I will hide under spoiler tags):

Alpha is
Melissa Hayden
We start with a feel of a calm before the storm. But when the storm hits... Oh what a wicked, vicious storm it is. The destruction of so much, connected with the beta clones and beyond. Some live through, some don't. The depth of Alpha's doings and the conspiracy that is uncovered. Then! To cover the truth!

This book combines all the tension, anxiety and action packed moments of the first two books. An amazing conclusion to the beta clones lives and troubles circling around from them.

Fascinating and brilliantly written scifi/thriller by the relative newcomer, J. C. Hutchins. Packed with twists, turns and surprises, 7th Son follows the lives of seven men who are brought together by a secret government agency to stop a madman. The punchline of this is that the man they're trying to stop, is the man all seven men are cloned from, and that only the FIRST of many, many surprises throughout the 7th Son series.

Action packed thrills might be the payoffs for several of the books' mom
So excellent! I can't say enough good stuff about this series! I highly recommend it and will share with everyone, so I can spread the gospel of the seven! J.C., fantastic job on the reading and thanks for the gripping storyline!
I really liked this series. The third book picked up again (the second book was a little slow compared to #1 and #3) and wound an intricate and complex conspiracy that kept twisting and turning with each new chapter. I was kept engaged in the story, so much that I would listen to the story on my Ipod while I ate lunch at work, cooked dinner at home - anytime I could focus on the story while doing some other task, I did. This is one that I will likely go out and buy in hard copy and read again in ...more
This is the final saga in the 7th Son trilogy, the story following a set of government created clones on a secret mission to save the world from their original and his cronies. Happily in this book the clones grow some stones and finally take control of their fate. They take some initiative in their quest to stop John Alpha even though this puts them in direct conflict with other government agents much of the time. Lots of death, destruction, and profanity ensue. As usual J.C. Hutchins gleefully ...more
This was quite an enjoyable audiobook to listen to. The intensity of it seemed to be ramped down a little from the second volume of the trilogy.

In this volume, the remaining Beta clones learn the details of John Alpha's plot to take over the world, and make their last-ditch effort to put a stop to his mad plan. I don't want to say too much, because the twists and turns are quite worth listening to it, and I wouldn't want to spoil anything.

The story's strong, the performance is great, and it re
Aug 22, 2012 Stefani marked it as did-not-finish
I think this may be one of the only times ever that I did not finish a book. I just didn't care anymore. I was so interested and invested in the story and then......(view spoiler) Sigh. After that I just couldn't care anymore, and I don't care at all to finish it. I decided that when it sat on my iPod for months at a time with no desire to listen to the last bit of it, it was time to DNF. What a sad ending to a great series, ruined the whole m ...more
A great Trilogy! Loved the story!
I found this free podcast-serialized novel well-written and, as importantly, well-read. Enough so that I would recommend buying either the paperback version or a straight audiobook without all the cruft added to the beginning and end of each segment — that part got really annoying. But hey, it was free.

The story is wonderfully over the top, and keeps the suspense and the tension at a steady boil throughout.

The final book ended with a solid ending which gave a lot of closure and a good send off to the characters living and dead.

I will read/listen to these books again, because the 7th Son series was very enjoyable. I'll probably check out the prequel book first though.
A fitting finish to the series. Loved some of the twists and revelations, but others didn't work for me. A few chapters near the end were mostly unnecessary and killed the pace for me. But on the whole, a fun book and an excellent listening experience.
I recommend these books for anyone that loves technology, the internet, government conspiracies, ect. It is in print now but also free on itunes "podiobooks"

Anne if you liked "Deception Point" you will love this trilogy.

So good.
An exciting conclusion to a pretty engaging series. There were twists and turns, and plenty of action. I enjoyed reading this with my coworkers and would recommend it to podiobook lovers who are searching for a good, quick read.
Brandon Burrup
Honestly I don't remember much about this series, but it was entertaining enough to listen to for free on iTunes. I would recommend it. Its not like some of the other free audiobooks that are poorly read and/or poorly written.
Simon C
Re-reading on kindle - just as good!

Podiobooks are my new weakness! The reading in this final installation is even better than the first book, and the story is just as thrilling. Couldn't stop listening!
The last of the trilogy and it's a great one. I was pleased with how the story ended. A lot of surprising things was revealed. Dear I say, a podcast classic!!
It's like all the conspiracy theories you've ever heard of all come together...and suddenly, this cruel, wicked world makes sense.
I cannot rate the whole trilogy highly enough.
I listened to the podcasts and didn't want it to end. Well done JC.
Did not want it to end, twists and turns in every chapter.
Very well written.
last one of the tril. great finish to a killed story
A fitting conclusion to the 7th Son trilogy. Incredible.
See seventh son, this SF series is brilliant.
entertainin thriller with lots of conspiracies,
Mat Dolton
Great finish to the series
  • Crescent
  • Earthcore
  • The Case of the Singing Sword
  • Space Casey
  • Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era
  • Wasteland
  • Morevi: The Chronicles of Rafe and Askana (Book 1)
  • South Coast (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper)
  • Murder at Avedon Hill
  • Max Quick: The Pocket and the Pendant (Max Quick, #1)
From the About J.C. page of

J.C. Hutchins crafts transmedia narratives, screenplays and novels for such entertainment companies as A&E, Cinemax, Discovery, St. Martin’s Press, Smith & Tinker and Leviathan Games.

J.C.’s recent work includes Lead Writer & Experience Design roles on campaigns for the Cinemax espionage series Hunted, Stephen King’s Bag of Bones (a cable minis
More about J.C. Hutchins...

7th Son (3 books)
  • 7th Son:  Book One - Descent
  • 7th Son: Deceit (Book Two in the 7th Son Trilogy)
7th Son:  Book One - Descent 7th Son: Deceit (Book Two in the 7th Son Trilogy) Personal Effects: Dark Art 7th Son: 7 Days Personal Effects: Sword of Blood