Start by marking “The Naked Earl (Naked Nobility, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Naked Earl (Naked Nobility, #4)

The Naked Earl (Naked Nobility #4)

3.65  ·  Rating Details ·  1,392 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
In this rollicking Regency romance, a naked earl flees from a woman bent on trapping him into marriage and winds up in the bed of an alluringly beautiful lady. Original.
Mass Market Paperback, 348 pages
Published April 1st 2007 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Naked Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naked Earl

It Happened One Autumn by Lisa KleypasWhen He Was Wicked by Julia QuinnOne Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLeanThen Came You by Lisa KleypasStranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas
Earl, Sizzles!
21st out of 151 books — 54 voters
The Only Good Roman by Christine Elaine BlackA Rose for Lancaster by Christine Elaine BlackTaurus by Christine Elaine BlackOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Only Good Roman Returns by Christine Elaine Black
Historical Romances
167th out of 227 books — 78 voters

More lists with this book...

Judith
Apr 04, 2011 Judith rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Ten Things You NEVER Want In A Romance Novel... And they are ALL in this book.

The top ten countdown is as follows:

10) Non-traditional sexual preferences being the distinction of a villain.

9) Having one character "ruined" if she was manhandled by a bad guy, but another isn't, even when she shows up half naked with a stranger.

8) "Love scenes" between a 60 and 65 year old man and woman who spend the whole time talking about the main characters.

7) "Love scenes" involving a secondary 20 something
Viohlet
Daneesha
Jan 19, 2009 Daneesha rated it liked it
"Men are very simple creatures. They may be able to fight battles and build canals, but when it comes to emotions, they are hopelessly inept. They go along merrily eating and sleeping and fornicating until something or someone interrupts them."

This book was cute but after a while it got really annoying. The hero thought he suffered from impotence. Yeah when he really got down to it, he was sorely mistaken. : )
Katie(babs)
May 12, 2009 Katie(babs) rated it it was ok
Sally Mackenzie has a knack for writing very loopy regency style romances. They are overall fun to read and not be taken seriously. So, if you want a good read with some outlandish scenes that will give you a good chuckle, this book is for you.

Robbie our hero has a "small" problem. The least of his problems is trying to get tied down in marriage. But certain parts of his anatomy won't work the way he wants it to. The poor guy can't get over an embarrassing moment he had ten years ago, so he is
Readitnweep
Jan 14, 2012 Readitnweep rated it did not like it
Diana
Nov 26, 2009 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I'm a sucker for romances where a girl who's loved a guy forever finally gets her man.
Beth
Probably my favorite of the Naked series. I love the character of Robbie and Lizzy.
Karine
Nov 12, 2016 Karine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pour moi, le meilleur des trois premiers, où j'ai beaucoup ri mais pas seulement. Il n'y a aucun temps morts dans ce livre, peut-être parce qu'on voit aussi la vie des autres protagonistes, déjà croisés dans les deux premiers livres.
Mary Dulaney
Just.... no! Too many dark plot points.
Amy
Oct 13, 2016 Amy rated it did not like it
Meh writing, wholly unbelievable plot, uninteresting characters. Lacking in Regency characteristics.
Maura
Amanda Ryan
Aug 25, 2011 Amanda Ryan rated it did not like it
Redonk Nutshell: Two close friends reluctantly realize their attraction to each other amid schemes to be trapped into unwanted marriages

I purchased The Naked Nobility bundle at B&N.com for $9.99! Five books! Yes! Then I read the first...and I was like, "....aw, damn. Is this how the rest are going to be because I think I may regret spending that $10."

The Naked Earl is the story of Robert Hamilton, Earl of Westbrooke, and his frenzy to avoid being trapped into marriage by a desperate debutant
Heather Wiese
Mar 01, 2012 Heather Wiese rated it it was ok
Fatgingercat
Mar 16, 2012 Fatgingercat rated it did not like it
I thought Robbie's story would be lighthearted and fun - like her previous books The Naked Duke & The Naked Marquis. But nooooo..........it has to be this ridiculous story.

It's a pity because the story has a good start. When Robbie enter Lizzie's room naked, i thought that Robbie finally realized the passion he had for Lizzie and started courting her. Too bad, the story doesnt go that way.
It turns to be a despicable story. I admit, I read this book until the last page because I want to writ
Amyiw
Nov 28, 2015 Amyiw rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Amyiw by: Thanks be no one or I would have to yell at them
Well, I wanted to give this a 3 stars but just could talk myself into it. OK it was mildly entertaining and starts out fun and possibly good but then... every time there was something entertaining there was something irritating, and I mean really irritating.

Here's an example, when you are having sex with someone you are lusting after you do not start obsessing about everything else. One the sex sucks and reading about it is even worse. (view spoiler)
Anita
Mar 27, 2015 Anita rated it did not like it
If i could give this book minus stars, i would. Not only was it incredibly annoying that the Earl and his love interest take on a minor role in the book but the driving plot devices used seemed pretty tasteless.
I didn't mind having to read about Kate and Mr. Wilton in 'The Naked Baron' even though they were minor characters taking up a good portion of the book. However, the use of Charlotte, Tynweith, Felicity, and Lord Andrew as filler for this book was super annoying. I felt that if Westbrooke
Raymond Hu
Apr 17, 2012 Raymond Hu rated it really liked it
This book was somewhat surprisingly weird for me because it was romance and like medieval times which usually isn't my type of book to read but overall i liked it. I liked this whole like love shapes thingy between all these people and like plotting of nobles and women to try to get each other to force marry each other to gain wealth and prestige in society. But most of all i like the main characters the couple who the guy robert is afraid of falling in love and marrying the girl because he ...more
Letitia
Feb 13, 2012 Letitia rated it liked it
-- A Romantic Book Affairs Review

3.5... 3.75... It's really hard to rate this book. Parts seemed to drag on, but at the same time I really didn't want to put it down. Quite a mismatch of feelings.

This was a light, fun read. Most of the time. Though there was a point toward the end that did make me tear up. And the villains were quite horrific. They didn't get the comeuppance that they should've... That part was just sort of left open. Maybe it happens in the next book, since they're all intercon
Greselley
Jun 15, 2015 Greselley rated it liked it
*3.5 stars

I originally thought that the story of Lizzie and Robbie would be the book 2 of this series. Because I love "her brother's bestfriend" kind of romance, that's why I expected a lot from it. It turned out to be okay. I like how it started, the synopsis said it all. Usually I would hate a vague synopsis but it stated the start of the story in a clever way so I like it. I am not a fan of two love stories combined in one book especially if the side story has given more pages than the main s
April
Mar 09, 2015 April rated it liked it
There scenes in this book that I could totally see in a play or a movie. A COMEDY. I was cracking up. Some of it was simply naivety. So many books I read of this time frame show this same thing though. No one talks about anything important. Everyone gossips though. Status and titles are very important. Lizzie and Robbie are in love. Everyone in the ton can see it, but they don't see that the other wants it. He thinks he can't produce an heir and therefore believes he is an unsuitable partner. ...more
nurmawati
Aug 05, 2012 nurmawati rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, hr
suka sama robbie-lizzy...
Tapi uhuk2 nya cuma ada do beberapa halaman terakhir...malah uhuk2 si figuran charlotte-richard lebih detil.....
Ada juga uhuk2 nya aunt bea yg udah 61 thn sama butler nya yg 65th dibahas juga wkwkwk....aneh ya... :p
Still....gw suka hubungan robbie-lizzy....dari kecil lizzy udah cinta mati sama robby yg temen akrab kakaknya...Sementara robbie juga suka lizzy tapi selalu menjauh krn mengira dirinya impoten...
Tokoh yg dibenci disini...lady felicity si ce murahan....selalu b
Rebecca
Sep 30, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
It was lighthearted and fun but I still really liked it. Some plotlines were left a bit unanswered btu I suspect that they'll be picked up again in another book in this series (at least I hope the will!). Definitely not the most 'accurate' historical romance I've ever read, more like modern personalities transplanted back into 18th century bodies, but I kind of liked that aspect, because the author isn't really apologetic about it. It's like she's writing for fun and she knows it.
Some clever dia
Desty
Saya pikir kisah Robbie-Lizzie bakal lucu dan menarik seperti kisah sebelumnya. Iya sih, di bagian antara Robbie dan Lizzie. Tapi di dalam novel ini ada banyak sekali tokoh yang ikut ambil bagian dan punya konflik.

Misalnya Lady Charlotte, yg kepepet pengen punya anak cowok supaya gelar Duchess-nya ga jatuh ke orang lain. Masalahnya suaminya udah tua dan ga bisa ngasih anak buat dia. Belum lagi kisah cintanya dengan Edward.

Trus ada Lady Felicity yang juga ngebet mau nikah sama Robbie, sampai dia
Jessica
Jun 30, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
can't write any proper review at this time (midnight GMT+8). i will give you my opinion.

-I like the story between two main characters, the heroine is super brave, but the hero, hurrr, i can't see him as a man for being so coward just because of some whore's comment on his vitality.

-too many characters in this book, but the way the story being told is interesting , it is like you watch a movie. or a drama

-nuhh, i don't like that duchess who cheat on her 80y.o husband, tried to sleep with any man
Cally
Apr 07, 2015 Cally rated it it was ok
Diah Didi
I actually like this story better than The Naked Duke. I do like theme where the hero and heroine knew each other for a quiet long time and their relationship started to change. I was totally curious on how they're finally going to manage it.
But then I was a bit annoyed because Mackenzie put too much details about other characters' story. Felicity, Charlotte, Edward, Andrew, and Lady Beatrice. Each of them had their own portions and their own details when it came to 'certain' activity. And to m
Hortensia
Mar 27, 2016 Hortensia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Vaya decepción. Me apetecía mucho conocer el desarrollo de la historia entre Lizzy y Robbie, ya que en los libros previos se veía venir algo verdaderamente tierno y romántico y vaya chasco. Ha sido una lectura de lo más vulgar, terminé de leerlo porque nunca he dejado ningún libro a medias pero no me ha gustado para nada. Y encima la autora se atreve a hacer una mescolanza de historias sórdidas y decadentes y desde luego inconclusas... oh, sé que luego les dedicará más páginas en las secuelas ...more
Jessi
Aug 01, 2010 Jessi rated it liked it
Lizzie Runyon, sister of a duke, has been in love with Robbie Hamilton, Earl of Westbrooke, for a very long time. When he appears naked in her room one night (after sneaking out of his room when another houseguest tries to entrap him in marriage by appearing naked in his room), Lizzie is bemused. She had been drinking earlier that night and isn't really sure that this encounter is real. Robbie suddenly realizes that she is a woman. They are not trapped into marriage at that point, but the way ...more
Minh
Jul 08, 2010 Minh rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
You'd think I would have learnt, if simply because of the title of the novel. Sheer chicklit in the form of a historical romance novel and I found it hard to enjoy any aspect of the book.

I'd be last person to call myself a prude, but I was shocked at some of the characters in this novel and found it hard to even like either of the main characters. When a novel starts off with both characters stumbling across one another while naked, you really should take it as a sign of things to come.

Our her
Phoenix77
Aug 23, 2011 Phoenix77 rated it it was ok
  • Lords of Desire
  • An Invitation to Sin
  • Our Wicked Mistake (Notorious Bachelors, #2)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • With Seduction in Mind (Girl Bachelors, #4)
  • The Countess (Madison Sisters #1)
  • Devil's Bargain
  • Wed Him Before You Bed Him (School For Heiresses #6)
  • Desires of a Perfect Lady (Lost City #3)
  • A Reckless Encounter
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)
  • A Christmas Baby (Rogues Club, #4)
  • Love To Love You Baby (Trehan Brothers, #1)
  • The Husband Test (Brides of Virtue, #2)
  • Before The Fire
  • The Seduction of a Duke (Chambers Trilogy, #2)
  • Sins of a Duke (Griffin Family, #4)
Sally MacKenzie decided to become a writer in grade school when she read one of her stories to the class. Her classmates laughed and she was hooked. She sat down immediately to pen her first novel.

Well, not exactly.

The hooked part is right--cursed might be a better description--but the sitting down and writing part came later. Much later.

Sally eventually went on to college, majoring in English, a
More about Sally MacKenzie...

Naked Nobility (9 books)
  • The Naked Duke (Naked Nobility, #1)
  • The Naked Baron (Naked Nobility, #2)
  • The Naked Laird (Naked Nobility, #2.5)
  • The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3)
  • The Naked Viscount (Naked Nobility, #5)
  • The Naked Gentleman (Naked Nobility, #6)
  • The Naked Prince (Naked Nobility, #6.5)
  • The Naked King (Naked Nobility, #7)