Start by marking “A Merry Little Murder: A Rhodes to Murder Mystery, Bk 1” as Want to Read:
A Merry Little Murder: A Rhodes to Murder Mystery, Bk 1

A Merry Little Murder: A Rhodes to Murder Mystery, Bk 1 (Caroline Rhodes Mysteries #1)

It was nobody's fault, unless y ou counted the mice, and even they didn't mean to start trouble. A forgotten candy cane lured them to the christmas tree stored in the basement of St. Anne's Hospital. The nibbling and gnawing just went on from there. Now there are holes in the trunk where none should be and not a single branch will stay in place. Despite this disaster, the ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Echelon Press Publishing (first published July 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about A Merry Little Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Merry Little Murder

Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a good book but I found myself rather drowned in the amateur sleuth's personal problems. I felt they could have been summarized somehow (although I have no idea how myself.) Finally, we get into the crime committed which was horrible. This was not a cozy styled book.

The last hundred pages really picked up the dialog and action and I think a future book will go much smoother. The crime was clever and was well covered. It takes quite a bit of explanation to understand the why and who of t
Linda
Feb 26, 2013 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a pleasant way to spend a cold, winter afternoon. I loved the larger print. Normally I don't bother with mass market paperbacks because I can't see the print.

I had read the others in this series and don't know how I missed the first book. It was fun to go back to the beginning and see the characters in their first adventure. Welk spins a solid tale; perfect escapism reading. Just what an accountant needs during tax season.
Bonnie Drummond
Jan 12, 2016 Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing
A great read for a first time to read it. Mary Welk's makes you feel like you are in the Mystery you're self. I need the second book in the series .
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2010
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Jo Davis
Jo Davis rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Karen Boyles
Karen Boyles rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Harlequin Books
Category: Mystery
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2010
Abbey
Abbey rated it really liked it
Jacquelyn Johnson
Jacquelyn Johnson rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Hubjeanne
Hubjeanne rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Elsi
Elsi rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2010
Clayton Skillings
Clayton Skillings rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Maddy
Maddy rated it liked it
Marc
Marc rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2008
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Teri Tracey
Teri Tracey rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2009
Peggy Archer
Peggy Archer rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Shirley Cochran
Shirley Cochran rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Kathie
Kathie rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Writer and freelance editor Mary V. Welk has drawn on her medical background to knock off nearly two dozen characters in her “Rhodes to Murder” amateur sleuth mystery series, winner of the 2002 Love Is Murder Readers' Choice Award for Best Series. Set in the rural university town of Rhineburg, Illinois, the series features ER nurse Caroline Rhodes and Professor of History Carl Atwater.

Mary's short
More about Mary Welk...

Caroline Rhodes Mysteries (4 books)
  • Something Wicked in the Air