Start by marking “Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly: Quick Vegetarian Meals Your Kids Will Love!” as Want to Read:
Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly: Quick Vegetarian Meals Your Kids Will Love!

Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly: Quick Vegetarian Meals Your Kids Will Love!

This new revised edition of the trusted guide to vegetarian family cooking is better than ever with recipes for quick, healthy, tasty, kid-tested meals—many of them totally new for this edition. The vegan information has been expanded, too, with plenty of helpful tips on incorporating vegan choices into a diet. This is one recipe book that belongs in every earth-friendly k ...more
Paperback, Revised, 176 pages
Published April 1st 2006 by McBooks Press

To ask other readers questions about Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly

Katey
Mar 30, 2011 Katey rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
Maybe some kids would love these recipes? Honestly, I think sometimes I expect too much from these books, as if the lists of ingredients were for magic, not mere recipes.

All the recipes appear either overly simple to not even warrant a recipe (or any vegetarian/vegan would already have a great version for already), rely too much on dairy/processed soy cheese, or aspire rather loftily to the palates of children (if the child in question is not accustomed to eating a large percentage of the health
Bridget
May 11, 2009 Bridget rated it it was ok
I like the idea of this book, but some of the recipes in practice... well. For me, they often fell in the category of so obvious as to make a recipe silly. And when they didn't, they tended to make judicious use of wheat germ. I am not a big fan of random wheat germ. Particularly not in anything resembling a candy apple (I'm looking at you, page 91).

There were some cute illustrations, and maybe if you're working with a small child the simplified recipes make more sense.
Holly
Oct 02, 2008 Holly rated it really liked it
I finally got this from the library- I've been on the waiting list for a while now! I haven't made anything out of here yet, but the recipes look simple, healthy, and my son thinks they sound "yummy"! :) Ill be trying these as soon as I get to the grocery store haha!!
LemontreeLime
Jan 26, 2011 LemontreeLime rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Im always on the hunt for easy quick recipes that involve veggies, and this had about 20 I really wanted to try.
Lisa
Nov 10, 2010 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I bet other kids would like these meals, even if mine didn't. I liked that they were quick to prepare with common ingredients. Many of the entrees call for faux-meat subs, FYI.
Tia
Feb 07, 2014 Tia rated it it was ok
So far none of the food tastes very good without lots of changes made to the recipe. Pinterest is a lot better!
Mrs.soule
The most useful parts of this book to me were the chapters on the nutritional needs of vegetarian children, list of animal-free protien options, and "quick substitutions" chart.
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2010
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2010
Sally Wool
Sally Wool rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Deanna Balestra
Deanna Balestra rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2009
Jackie Shanti
Jackie Shanti rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2011
Cris
Cris rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
kelly
kelly rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2011
Claire
Claire rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2014
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2011
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2014
Jennifer reeder
Jennifer reeder rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2007
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2012
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2008
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2012
Lucy Connor
Lucy Connor rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Eileen Dougherty
Eileen Dougherty rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2010
Vanessa Cayford
Vanessa Cayford rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Cara Galbreath tonn
Cara Galbreath tonn rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Julie  Webb
Julie Webb rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2016