Start by marking “Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly: Quick Vegetarian Meals Your Kids Will Love!” as Want to Read:

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  10 reviews
This new revised edition of the trusted guide to vegetarian family cooking is better than ever with recipes for quick, healthy, tasty, kid-tested meals—many of them totally new for this edition. The vegan information has been expanded, too, with plenty of helpful tips on incorporating vegan choices into a diet. This is one recipe book that belongs in every earth-friendly k ...more
Paperback, Revised, 176 pages
Published April 1st 2006 by McBooks Press

To ask other readers questions about Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly

Katey
Maybe some kids would love these recipes? Honestly, I think sometimes I expect too much from these books, as if the lists of ingredients were for magic, not mere recipes.

All the recipes appear either overly simple to not even warrant a recipe (or any vegetarian/vegan would already have a great version for already), rely too much on dairy/processed soy cheese, or aspire rather loftily to the palates of children (if the child in question is not accustomed to eating a large percentage of the health
Bridget
I like the idea of this book, but some of the recipes in practice... well. For me, they often fell in the category of so obvious as to make a recipe silly. And when they didn't, they tended to make judicious use of wheat germ. I am not a big fan of random wheat germ. Particularly not in anything resembling a candy apple (I'm looking at you, page 91).

There were some cute illustrations, and maybe if you're working with a small child the simplified recipes make more sense.
Tiayra  Tucker
So far none of the food tastes very good without lots of changes made to the recipe. Pinterest is a lot better!
Holly
I finally got this from the library- I've been on the waiting list for a while now! I haven't made anything out of here yet, but the recipes look simple, healthy, and my son thinks they sound "yummy"! :) Ill be trying these as soon as I get to the grocery store haha!!
Mrs.soule
The most useful parts of this book to me were the chapters on the nutritional needs of vegetarian children, list of animal-free protien options, and "quick substitutions" chart.
Lisa
I bet other kids would like these meals, even if mine didn't. I liked that they were quick to prepare with common ingredients. Many of the entrees call for faux-meat subs, FYI.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
Im always on the hunt for easy quick recipes that involve veggies, and this had about 20 I really wanted to try.
Oct 16, 2009 Jennifer is currently reading it
loving this book's recipes and options to turn the foods vegan!!!
Tara
great ideas for feeding your kids a vegetarian diet!
Annie Matthys
The best vegetarian cookbook ever. Hands down.
Danica Midlil
Danica Midlil marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Jessi
Jessi marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014