Start by marking “The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)

The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary #1)

3.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  332 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Welcome to the world of the WAGs…

32-year-old Tracie Martin is Luton Town FC's longest-serving WAG – for 12 years her husband Dean has kept her in raccoon hair extensions and quilted Chanel bags.

But looking around at the new breed of WAGS, Tracie is disgusted to see that standards have started to decline – some of them have been spotted in skirts that cover their bottoms an
Published January 1st 2008 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about The Wag's Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wag's Diary

Tall, Dark and Kilted by Lizzie LambI've Got Your Number by Sophie KinsellaThe Runaway Year by Shani StruthersSophie's Turn by Nicky WellsRemember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
The Best British Chick Lit
113th out of 233 books — 494 voters
Last Chance Saloon by Marian KeyesThe Debt & the Doormat by Laura BarnardMarrying Up by Wendy HoldenA WAG Abroad by Alison KervinWAGs at the World Cup by Alison Kervin
Hilarious British Chick-lit
8th out of 9 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Becca wadeley
Jan 07, 2012 Becca wadeley rated it it was amazing
This book appears to be like marmite. You either love it or you hate it. Personally I love it.
I love Alison Kervin’s writing style. She makes you care about her characters’ and you desperately want them to have the happy ending they deserve.
I love the main character of Tracie Martin. I love how she is so trusting, Naïve and most of all vulnerable.
I would advise that you don’t read this book on public transport simply because you will howl with laughter and probably miss your stop. (I know that
Jayne
Dec 22, 2009 Jayne rated it it was amazing
The funniest book I have ever read. Just a delight. Tracie appears superficial at first put soon grows into a lovely, rounded person who just wants to be a Wag so badly. Lovely book
Rayna Bhikha
Aug 26, 2013 Rayna Bhikha rated it liked it
Why did u decide to read this book?
I decided to read this book because I was given it as a present, the cover was appealing and it sounded really funny.
What category does the book fall under?
This book falls under a theme related to those we've studied in class- theme two.
The themes in the novel were themes I enjoyed and so reading a love story or a pride and prejudice type of book was good. Tracie being an experienced WAG and her pride gave it a funny element to the book. Her values also allowed
Ann
Sep 28, 2014 Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-liked
I really enjoyed reading The Wag`S Diary. Tracie Martin is a Wag (my first time hearing of the term). What a complicated life she is leading. Everything is strictly determined, all the fake tans, extensions, fake boobs, clothing etcetc. Being so naive must be easy to live. Not caring about anything except one`s apperance.
Tracie is offered a chance to teach aspiring Wags first by writing a blog and then a book. She is surrounded by people who really care about her (Dean, Paskia, Nell - oh, poor
Lucie
Aug 04, 2014 Lucie rated it did not like it
Shelves: english
The most ridiculous book ever! I needed something light and easy-to-read to get me back in the reading habit, and I picked it up during the world cup, so I thought it would be entertaining. However, the main character is so insanely stupid that it's not even funny. I wouldn't recommend this book.
Angiie Marie
Jan 11, 2015 Angiie Marie rated it it was amazing
I own a copy of this book and have read it many times. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. I would recommend to those who like fashion and celebrity culture. It is a short read and I finished it in a day (I'm a slow reader overall... I have dyslexia but hey)
Rachel Mcalister
Feb 03, 2014 Rachel Mcalister rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-books
I picked this book up a while ago in a charity shop, one of the best thrift shops I ever did.
It's funny, there was always something going on, however I did feel that some of it was unrealistic, but I did enjoy that element.
Siobhan Johnson
Jul 07, 2015 Siobhan Johnson rated it it was amazing
The funniest book I have ever read. Just a delight. Tracie appears superficial at first put soon grows into a lovely rounded person who just wants to be a Wag so badly. Lovely book
Keris
Dec 30, 2007 Keris rated it liked it
Despite my general obsession with celebrity, I don't have much interest in the WAGs. In case you're unaware of them, the WAGs are the wives and girlfriends of professional footballers. Victoria Beckham is their Queen (obviously), but there are loads of others, like Wayne Rooney's fiance Coleen McLoughlin and Alex Curran, wife of Steven Gerrard.

Anyway, despite not being interested in the WAGs, I was interested to read The WAG's Diary because I'd heard so much about it and the author, Alison Kervi
Quynh Anh
Mar 10, 2016 Quynh Anh rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those wanting an easy read about WAGs
Cute book. I originally thought it was supposed to be a serious drama, but turns out it's more of a funny/satirical one.
Shrilaxmi
May 31, 2015 Shrilaxmi rated it really liked it
This book was really funny and I just couldn't put it down. Really great.
Emma
Mar 20, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it
I was first drawn to this book because the cover was super adorable. I have always been super lucky at impulse buying because of an adorable cover and its a fantastic read!
The second thing was the title, it is so sweet :)
This book is fairly small page wise compared to others on the market so it makes for a quick read. I thought it was hilarious and i was envious at first, what girl doesn't want the acrylic nails, the jewelry, the ugg boots. Cute, light hearted read and would recomend! X
Lynne
Sep 10, 2010 Lynne rated it liked it
This was an easy enough book to read and in places it was quite funny but the author just seemed to be trying too hard to be funny and to make her main character Tracie Martin as dim as possible. Tracie is a WAG - wife of Luton Town's captain Dean. She's head WAG and find herself upstaged by up and coming new WAGS. So she sets about writing a WAGS handbook! Definitely light and fluffy chick lit with some funny parts but on the whole with OTT and not very believeable characters.
Jessica
Jan 09, 2011 Jessica rated it it was ok
This book came free with a Glamour magazine, and the writing in Glamour is better :) WAGS are apparently British soccer players' wives, and Tracie Martin is a queen-- fake tan, fake hair, fake nails, fake boobs, but not a fake person somehow. Begins writing a handbook, finds out mum's secrets. Hard to take it seriously when it takes a serious turn because the writing is clumsy and ironic but not within a lasting context.
Alison
Aug 28, 2008 Alison rated it did not like it
The protagonist was just so annoying and I get that she was supposed to be stupidly funny, but really she was just stupid. Like it would be one thing if her articles were purposefully funny, but she kept going on and on about how she was being perfectly serious. I just don't buy the fact that her articles are insultingly funny and she's totally unaware.
Rania Ajjan El Hadid
Mar 04, 2014 Rania Ajjan El Hadid rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious! Some may argue that it's a very simple chick lit.. But it offers a light hearted read
Lisa
Dec 26, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Not a book that I would've chosen myself but it was recommended to me and I'm glad it was. The Wags Diary is a surprisingly laugh out loud, very good, light hearted and fun read. The characters are all charming and likable and if you take it in the manner it was intended - tongue-in-cheek and not seriously you'll enjoy it.
Redfox5
Jul 16, 2010 Redfox5 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
Though this book would be abit rubbish as WAG'S(wives and girlfriends for all non-British!) are dumb and I dislike most of them. However this book is a complete pisstake and Tracie is so loveable and silly that you can't help but like it. Makes you laugh a fair bit and I will be adding 'A WAG Abroad to my wishlist :)
Evi
May 27, 2011 Evi rated it did not like it
My only words are: literally no-brain chicklit! It's slow, it tries to be funny... But it doesn't succeed. I finished this only because I was on holidays & had nothing else to read. Was really glad when i finally finished it. Worst book ever in my opinion.
Katie
Aug 13, 2008 Katie rated it it was ok
This book came free with a magazine I bought in an airport - need I say more!?

Completely tacky, no brain cells required and doesn't leave a lasting impression. A harmless read for a holiday book, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole ordinarily!

Amy Clayton
Jun 03, 2011 Amy Clayton rated it liked it
Not a book that I thought I'd like. It began quite shallow and after the first 20 pages I almost gave up on it. But I carried on and found that it wasn't such a bad read after all. The character becomes quite likeable during the story.
Clare F
Jun 26, 2011 Clare F rated it really liked it
I thought this book was hilarious. I can't imagine any real WAGS would though. The story was interesting and the only thing that would have improved it would have been to follow up on meeting her father.
Damla
Jun 19, 2011 Damla rated it did not like it
glamour dergisi hediye olarak vermişti oyüzden okudum.victoria beckham ın hayatına benzer bir futbolcu eşinin hayatını anlatıyor.rejimler açlıklar ve kaprisler,epilasyonlar,self-tanning ve bol bol çantalar...
Lynn
Oct 08, 2012 Lynn rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS BOOK!
this is the book that i read over and over again
but i have to say
i love alison kervin writing style
very chic yet stylish
every fashionista should have this in her bag.
Marianne
It just didn't do it for me. I "got" it in the sense that it was supposed to be funny but it just didn't have the humour I was expecting. Ended up abandoning it unfortunately x
Niina
Funny, and entertaining read! You'll love Tracie before you know it and root for her to smarten up! Loads of fun and you'll get addicted to this series real fast. ;)
Nicole
Jan 03, 2009 Nicole rated it liked it
Funny and fluffy and worth a few laughs.
I am not familiar with the WAG culture so can't say how accurate this book is, but am enjoying its 'frivolity' nonetheless.
Vicki
Sep 27, 2008 Vicki rated it did not like it
It made me laugh and it made me cry. But I wouldn't recomend it to anyone else. And I certainly wouldn't have read it if it wasn't free with the magazine I bought.
Emma
Jan 27, 2008 Emma rated it it was ok
Very slow - doesn't require very much grey matter and doesn't provide alot else.
Very disapointing - although some bits were quirky and worth a chuckle!
Fran Shaw
Oct 15, 2012 Fran Shaw rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC if you dont take life to seriously and want a nice lighthearted funny read - would definately recommend!!!
  • Angel (Angel Summer, #1)
  • Single White E-Mail
  • The Accidental Time Traveller
  • The Go-To Girl
  • Fashionistas
  • The Yummy Mummy
  • The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)
  • Ricochet
  • Wings of Desire
Alison Kervin is the Sports Editor of the Mail on Sunday newspaper. She is the first female Sports Editor of a national newspaper in England.

Before her editing job, Alison worked as chief sports feature writer for The Times, chief sports interviewer for the Daily Telegraph and editor of Rugby World magazine.

She has a hugely varied sporting CV. A sports science graduate, she was in the England gym
More about Alison Kervin...

WAGs Diary (3 books)
  • A WAG Abroad (WAGs Diary, #2)
  • WAGs at the World Cup (WAG's Diary #3)