Start by marking “Froggy Goes to Camp” as Want to Read:
Froggy Goes to Camp

Froggy Goes to Camp (Froggy)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  262 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Look out, Camp Run-A-Muck! Here comes Froggy. . . . Froggy?s off to camp?and Camp Run-A-Muck will never be the same!

Froggy packs a lot into one week: hikes and archery lessons, K.P. and food fights, scary stories and funny songs around the campfire. But only Froggy could also manage to lose his trunks during swim class and overturn his kayak with the camp director in it. L
Published May 15th 2008 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Froggy Goes to Camp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Froggy Goes to Camp

Patricia Mckelvy
Apr 30, 2016 Patricia Mckelvy rated it really liked it
Froggy wakes up very excited to go to Camp Run-A-Muck, so much so he jumps on his bed and bumps his head. On the drive to Camp Froggy realizes he forgot his sleeping bag and then his swimsuit, each time his dad turning the car around to go back home. When he finally gets to Camp Run-A-Muck, Froggy remembers he doesn't know anyone, all of his excitement gone. On the first morning, Froggy is in charge of serving breakfast, only to accidentally drop eggs on the director (who is also his school prin ...more
Tayler Bingham
London, Johnathon. "Froogy Goes to Camp." Penguin Books. New York, New York:2008, Print. This is the story of a young frog who goes to his very first day camp. At first he is not excited to go. His experiences there turn disastrous as he ends up messing up teh camp director multiple times. Eventually, Froggy realizes it's all fun and he is reluctant to go back when his parents come to get him the next day. The book uses a high gloss texture illustrations that really focus on young readers and th ...more
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
Tiffany White
Jul 21, 2015 Tiffany White rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddos-read
I've read Froggy Goes to Camp at least once daily for the last three weeks. My kiddos love the Froggy books especially whenever anyone calls "Frroooggyy" and his response is "W-h-a-a-t?". Personally, I don't like the little "Beans, Beans" song at the end and my children have started to memorize it but overall we've gotten to talk about going away to camp and things that kids can do at camp so it's been a good book to share.
Angela Hutchinson
Read to the students during small group. The classroom theme is frogs, so there are a lot of Froggy books. The students really like these books and could be used as a mentor text for writing. Froggy talks about his day beginning when he gets up in the morning.
Mrsreader
Nov 12, 2014 Mrsreader rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one!
Shelves: read-to-kids
Great example of why some people pre-read even books for reading to their preschoolers. Wish I had. Just crude, no redeeming value.
Melissa Namba
Dec 16, 2015 Melissa Namba rated it liked it
Shelves: coplin
I know my nieces and nephews will like this book. There is a folk song to this book. The rhymes are simple and the pictures are entertaining.
Dolly
Aug 17, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls really enjoy the Froggy stories. The onomatopoeia, the way nothing ever goes comletely as planned, and the inimitable illustrations by Frank Remkiewicz...they really add a lot of charm to these stories.

Our oldest is heading to camp with her school and I thought this would be a good way to introduce the idea of camp and what to expect. Even though it's only for two days and one night and I get to be with her, I didn't want her to be anxious about the experience and I think this is a gr
Luna
Read
Emily
Apr 13, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, camp
When Froggy goes to camp he feels a lot of trepidation about being left by his family which I'm sure many young kids can identify with. Once he gives camp a chance he has a lot of fun with his new friends while he swims, does archery, and kayaks; although he does have a few mishaps with the camp director, who is also his principal. For most who have been to camp I'm sure we can all agree we felt the same way Froggy did when it was time to go home, we didn't want to leave.
Marit
Oct 22, 2012 Marit added it
Shelves: humor, environment
This is another book from the collection by Jonathan London, and this story was also very funny, and again amazing pictures. This book suits the norwegian nature and environment really well. Norwegians is known for spending a lot of time outside and we always go camping. I would use this book in a classroom here if I got the chance and talk about the norwegian environment and maybe share my stories from the many camping trips that I have been on.
Stephanie F.
Feb 24, 2012 Stephanie F. rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a really fun book to read with the little ones. It's an adventure book about a frog who goes to camp. He feels scared about leaving his parents and not knowing anyone at camp. Then he keeps having bizarre accidents around the camp director, like spilling eggs on his head and tipping over the kayak. It covers a lot of the feelings I imagine all kids feel when leaving for a summer camp.
Shelly Koressel
Frog books are really good for 1st grade and below. My kids love froggy and his silly adventures. In this book froggy goes to camp, and it seems like everything he does it ends up being wrong, but really funny. Kids will laugh and laugh at this book. Its a good book to show them about camp and what you do at camp. Its just a lot of fun!
Jasmine Robinson
Sep 05, 2013 Jasmine Robinson rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-books
This is a fun book about Froggy and him going away to camp. He is extremely excited until he actually gets to camp and doesn't know anyone there. Once he gets to know people, he begins to have the time of his life. He loved camp and didn't want to go back home. Fun story for kids to read and listen too.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Aug 07, 2011 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
Shelves: series
While I could review several Froggy books, I am only going to review a couple because once you read two, you get the general idea. These books are extremely appealing to kids because they are so fun and enjoyable to read aloud. Both of my kids (2 and 4) really enjoy these books.
Lauren
Froggy is very nervous about going to camp because he does not know anyone except the camp director- their school Principal. Froggy makes friends very easily and has a great time. There is mischief along the way, but ends the week with many good memories and new friends.
Breana Vining
Feb 04, 2010 Breana Vining rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book. It is about a frog who is going to camp, but does not want to go-he forgets a lot of his things so his parents have to keep turning around (he was trying to avoid camp). He finally gets there, loves it, and does not want to go home.
Marit Thostenson
Jun 15, 2015 Marit Thostenson rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure what I was expecting with this book. I had never heard of it before and was pleasantly surprised at what the story was about. It addresses all young children's fears about going to camp the first time and that you can have fun there.
Dona
Jan 29, 2012 Dona rated it liked it
Shelves: picture
Froggy is always fun and good for a laugh. In this installment of Froggy, He goes to camp Run-a-Muck for a fun-filled week of cabins and campfires. Cute but not as good as Froggy Gets Dressed or Froggy's First Kiss.
Rebecca
Jan 04, 2010 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
If I were froggy's parents, I would never go back for hours of driving for a swimsuit or a sleeping bag. Find a store to stop at instead! That's why we have Target and Walmart.
Michelle Carter
May 01, 2010 Michelle Carter rated it it was amazing
Another silly book about Froggy as he prepares to go to camp - of course there are mishaps before he even gets there, when he gets there and it all happens at Camp Run a Muck.
Angela Record
This book is funny and kids will enjoy it. It also can be used to encourage kids to venture out of home and try camp or other activities.
Dianne Norberg
Apr 30, 2012 Dianne Norberg rated it liked it
A book children will like. They will enjoy reading about Froggy and his adventure camping.
Travis
Apr 19, 2012 Travis rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is an enjoyable book. Callie really liked it and it has great illustrations.
Darlene Williams
Sep 29, 2012 Darlene Williams rated it it was amazing
Great story to read to those children who are nervous about going to camp.
The Library Lady
Sep 04, 2008 The Library Lady rated it liked it
Froggy books are always fun. But none will EVER surpass "Froggy Gets Dressed"!
Amy Brown
A good camp book for kids but not my favorite Froggy book.
Liz Todd
A family favorite.. we love Froggy! Camp theme!
Angie
Sep 26, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
Froggy books are all very cute!
  • Ready for Anything!
  • Zoomer
  • Where Is Home, Little Pip?
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)
  • Splat the Cat: Where's the Easter Bunny? (Splat the Cat)
  • Dinner with OLIVIA
  • Pirates Go to School
  • The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark
  • Yes Day!
  • Fancy Nancy: The 100th Day of School
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...

Froggy (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Froggy Gets Dressed