Start by marking “Milady's Standard Cosmetology” as Want to Read:
Milady's Standard Cosmetology

Milady's Standard Cosmetology

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology has led the way in cosmetology education for 80 years by changing to meet the evolving needs of students and the market. Having been developed after extensive analysis by educational design experts, this textbook exhibits the most sophisticated methods for relaying information, stimulating thought, aiding comprehension, and enhanci ...more
Published July 9th 2007 by Milady Publishing (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Milady's Standard Cosmetology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milady's Standard Cosmetology

Oceandreamer001
I'm finished with my cosmetology bookwork!!!!!

Started cosmetology school Jan. 2011, and I'll be reading this book until Graduation in April/May 2012!

Currently studying: Hair Removal --Last Chapter in the book I have to do!!!!!!

Finished:
Anatomy
Infection Control
Haircutting
Alan Culler
Well, it's the authoritative text, but I find it to be flat and lacking as far as design theory. It leaves much to be desired, but then again, all the other students call me an overachiever. I guess it's suitable for the average beauty school dropout.
Vex
Mar 21, 2015 Vex rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
It has a lot of information, but didn't give me information I was looking for. Tries to cover everything, but it does so at the expense of depth.
Alicia
For school.
This book was written by different authors and you could tell they didn't agree on everything. It had some opinions for definitions too, instead of just plain facts; but I had to read it for school (to pass my state boards that is).
Steph
A very informative book for both the beginner and intermediate student. Even if you are not a professional, this book will still give you plenty of tips that you can incorporate into your daily routine.
Michelle Young
Didn't really teach me anything new...just basics that I've gathered from too many years of reading women's magazines and makeup books. Disappointing!
Shauna
Taught me everything I needed to know to pass my cosmetology exam...well..it and my teacher helped a lot too!!!
alyssa
This is just the basics of cosmetology, and for that it's pretty good, though a little unclear in places.
abby
this is the worst book i have ever been forced to read. HAHAHAHAHA
Jeryl Dildine
Alot so far. More to go. Right now I am studding nails.
Anna Murdoch
This is what I'm currently studying, I love it.
Rinoza Abdulla
Its a best book for beautician
Carrie
Read during cosmotology school.
Brittanie
good for my cosmetology class
Tia
Mar 20, 2010 Tia added it
needed it for clas.good book
Madison_g
Got me through Cosmetology ;)
Rachel
Nov 12, 2009 Rachel added it
nothing mothe fu
Melissa
it is good :)
Ajitsingh
very good
Amber Geary
Amber Geary marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Arti Patel
Arti Patel marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Joseph Wojtkowiak
Joseph Wojtkowiak marked it as to-read
Charles Abok
Charles Abok marked it as to-read
The Milady 2012 Edition 1 9 Jan 30, 2012 02:35PM
  • The Art of Makeup
  • Milady Standard Cosmetology
  • Yoga for Anxiety: Meditations and Practices for Calming the Body and Mind
  • Poetry as Survival
  • Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles with Step-by-Step Techniques
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • Kevyn Aucoin, a Beautiful Life: The Success, Struggles, and Beauty Secrets of a Legendary Makeup Artist
  • The Bloodline Cipher
  • Kama Sutra for 21st-Century Lovers
  • Bobbi Brown Beauty Evolution: A Guide to a Lifetime of Beauty
  • The Sex Bible: The Complete Guide to Sexual Love
  • Get Positively Beautiful: The Ultimate Guide to Looking and Feeling Gorgeous
  • The Calculus Lifesaver: All the Tools You Need to Excel at Calculus
  • Earthquake Storms: The Fascinating History and Volatile Future of the San Andreas Fault
  • Rock Bottom
  • Language and Woman's Place: Text and Commentaries
  • The Book of Lilith
  • Earl Mindell's New Herb Bible
Milady's Standard Cosmetology Milady's Standard of Cosmetology + Milady's Standard Cosmetology Theory Workbook + Milady's Standard Cosmetology Exam Review: 3 Book Package Cosmetologia estandar de Milady / Milady's Standard Cosmetology Moving Without Madness: A Guide to Handling the Stress & Emotions of Moving