Start by marking “Wilhelm Reich in Hell” as Want to Read:
Wilhelm Reich in Hell
Preview

Wilhelm Reich in Hell

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Wilhelm Reich In Hell is a two act play providing a remarkable new look at the vilification and destruction of this great man who refused to bow to Gestapo tactics used when the U. S. government jailed him and burned all his published works.
Published January 27th 2005 by New Falcon Publications (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Wilhelm Reich in Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wilhelm Reich in Hell

Matt Buchholz
Aug 21, 2011 Matt Buchholz rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Go read "Reich" by Elijah Brubaker instead.
Paranoid counter-culture ramblings of the most embarrassing ilk. I could maybe recommend the introductory essay, engaging and informative in between stretches of unearned arrogance, but there's no reason to touch the play, artless in that special way that's usually reserved for the unskilled, over-ambitious creative writing majors that never learned how to take criticism
Maddsurgeon
I had been really excited when I first heard that Robert Anton Wilson had written a play, but it was a while before I actually got around to reading this. It was kind of hard to find a copy when I first tried, but apparently New Falcon has reprinted it a couple times since then. This one (not pictured; the 2010 printing) has a new foreward by Eric Wagner.

I liked reading this, but as a drama it feels a little stilted. There's a long introduction with the typical sarcastic logical analysis that Wi
Jan 18, 2014 David marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I haven't read this book, but I MUST respond to a claim made in the book description. To say that the government burned all of his published work is simply not true. I have read his work from the 1930's on fascism in the Third Reich.

What was destroyed by the Food and Drug Administration was his sales materials for hocus pocus cures (unlocking the hidden power of orgasm) for cancer that leeched money from families desperate to help their loved ones.

I'm all for genuine research, but what Reic
Suzanne
While the essay in the front half of the book is deeply engaging, (I missed my subway stop twice while reading it), the play itself is not as inspiring. As a theater practitioner myself, I would love to see this play done perhaps in an adapted form, so much of it is repetitious, but without introducing new ideas or content, perhaps someone with a red pen and a vision (see Son of Semele Ensemble's website for production photos from their fairly successful stab at it in 2001).
Adriana
Temos Reich atravessando os bardos com Masoch e Sade como palhaços num circo onde está sendo julgado como psicodrama em que Satã é ao mesmo tempo o ringmaster, o juiz e o terapeuta, tudo embalado a punk rock. Conta ainda com participações especiais de Leopold Bloom, Ronald Reagan, Marilyn Monroe e Oupensky.

David
I liked this, and was excited to find there is a recording of a production of this play, which I found immediately.
Xiola
I read this on a Greyhound bus riding through Washington D.C. The introduction is reason enough to read this book.
David
Laugh out loud funny. One of the most enjoyable books I've read in my life.
Eric
A riotous romp that is as fun on the page as it is in the theater.
Fahmi
Fahmi marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Martin Hellberg
Martin Hellberg marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Kiran
Kiran marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Chrissie Thai
Chrissie Thai marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Micah Jones
Micah Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Will M
Will M marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Clay
Clay marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Jason Mcclure
Jason Mcclure marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Disfnordia
Disfnordia marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Portia St
Portia St marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
  • The Function of the Orgasm (Discovery of the Orgone #1)
  • Undoing Yourself: With Energized Meditation and Other Devices
  • Angel Tech: A Modern Shaman's Guide to Reality Selection
  • The Eye in the Triangle: An Interpretation of Aleister Crowley
  • Neuropolitique
  • Liber Kaos
  • The Mirror of Love
  • Principia Discordia, Or, How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her: The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger
  • The Golden Apple (Illuminatus 2)
  • The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford: Dilettante's Guide to What You Do and Do Not Need to Know to Become a Qabalist
  • Condensed Chaos: An Introduction to Chaos Magic
  • Christopher Durang Explains it All for You
  • The Book of Lies
  • Camino Real
  • Utopia or Oblivion: The Prospects for Humanity
  • A Magick Life: A Biography of Aleister Crowley
  • Machinal
Robert Anton Wilson became, at various times, an American novelist, essayist, philosopher, polymath, psychonaut, futurist, libertarian and self-described agnostic mystic. Recognized as an Episkopos, Pope, and Saint of Discordianism by Discordians who care to label him as such, Wilson helped publicize the group/religion/melee through his writings, interviews, and strolls.

He described his work as an
More about Robert Anton Wilson...
Prometheus Rising Schrödinger's Cat Trilogy (Schrödinger's Cat, #1-3) Cosmic Trigger: Die letzten Geheimnisse der Illuminaten oder An den Grenzen des erweiterten Bewusstseins Quantum Psychology: How Brain Software Programs You & Your World Masks of the Illuminati