Start by marking “The Ghost Parade (Judy Bolton)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost Parade (Judy Bolton)

The Ghost Parade (Judy Bolton Mysteries #5)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  51 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Judy regrets that she is leaving Farringdon for a vacation in the Thousand Islands just as life in Farringdon gets interesting. The police are on the trail of counterfeiters, but Judy won't be around to help them. Excitement does follow Judy, however, when she impulsively purchases seven Indian masks at an auction. Judy learns that the masks are rumored to be cursed and ...more
Published 1933 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost Parade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost Parade

Nancy Bandusky
Sep 02, 2015 Nancy Bandusky rated it liked it
Sarah Crawford
Jan 16, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
1933.
Judy is going to a camp. The school she went to had burned down so the students were going to get a long summer vacation. Irene is also going. Judy is currently 15 years old. The camp is called the 1000 island camp.

There are two plots going. One involves a counterfeiting group that was making fake $10 bills (this was 1933 so $10 meant a lot more then.)

In the other are all the things that involve the camp. Judy buys 7 wooden Indian heads at an auction and then finds out that they are suppos
LuAnn
Jan 01, 2015 LuAnn rated it liked it
I found Judy's enthusiasm for mystery at the expense of her friends feelings and respecting authority irritating. Not sure she really did much sleuthing, more jumping to conclusions. I enjoyed the other Judy Bolton's more than this one. [Spoilers coming]. And too contrived that the mystery in the Thousand Islands tied in to the mystery back in Potter County, Pennsylvania. Rather disappointing that the masks of the title were really just a red herring.
Sandra
May 26, 2014 Sandra rated it liked it
Shelves: juv, mystery, own
Judy and her girl friends uncover mysteries at camp. I hate to confess that I enjoyed this one less because Peter Dobbs wasn't in it much, but I like reviews to be honest and he's always been my favorite character. I also was able to solve at least some of the mystery before the end (which almost never happens), but since I'm older than the target audience, I don't consider that a valid criticism. I still enjoyed it.
Mikayla
Feb 05, 2016 Mikayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystry
This was a really cute continuation of the story, but I'm beginning to like Judy a little less. She outright said that she hated rules and anyone who tried to enforce them, which I really did not like. I also didn't like that when people are being mean to her she simply mentions all the great things she's done and instantly they are really nice to her. Judy never has to work at earning people's respect. If she did, she might respect other people more.
Cally73
Jan 22, 2013 Cally73 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Didn't enjoy this one quite so much as the others. Felt it a little too contrived - (view spoiler)
Lea Beall
Aug 27, 2015 Lea Beall rated it liked it
This was a good book. Judy always finds herself in the middle of a mystery.
Strange masks seem to omit an ominous aura and a Cat Woman and Indian legends add suspense and mystery. Judy finds herself growing fond of Arthur but Peter is always on her mind.
Clarissa
Clarissa rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
May 07, 2012
Carole Moore
Carole Moore rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2015
Deana David Lissenberg
Deana David Lissenberg rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Kati52N
Kati52N rated it liked it
May 08, 2011
Dina
Dina rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2009
James
James rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2008
Kathryn Tullos
Kathryn Tullos rated it liked it
May 22, 2011
Carol Caldwell
Carol Caldwell rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Toba
Toba rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2009
Cathyb
Cathyb rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2011
Debby
Debby rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2010
Pam
Jan 11, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it
Still a fun series - good, old fashioned plucky heroine.
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
May 14, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2010
Lois
Oct 11, 2009 Lois rated it really liked it
Another fun Judy Bolton book.
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Beth Kaminske
Beth Kaminske rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Sherri
Sherri rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2009
Aynslie
Aynslie rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Rajashree
Rajashree rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Lindsay Ponseti
Lindsay Ponseti rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
261918
Margaret Sutton was born Rachel Irene Beebe in Odin, Pennsylvania in 1903. She was the daughter of Victor Beebe, a well-known historian, and Estella Andrews Beebe. Being a spirited nonconformist, she dropped out of high school, but in 1920, graduated from the Rochester Business Institute. After graduation, she worked for several years as a secretary and in printing. During that time, she met ...more
More about Margaret Sutton...

Judy Bolton Mysteries (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Vanishing Shadow (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #1)
  • The Haunted Attic (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #2)
  • The Invisible Chimes
  • Seven Strange Clues (Judy Bolton)
  • The Yellow Phantom (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystic Ball (Judy Bolton)
  • The Voice in the Suitcase (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #8)
  • The Mysterious Half Cat (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #9)
  • The Riddle of the Double Ring (Judy Bolton)
  • The Unfinished House (Judy Bolton)