Start by marking “Getting Ready for Marriage: A Practical Road Map for Your Journey Together” as Want to Read:
Getting Ready for Marriage: A Practical Road Map for Your Journey Together

Getting Ready for Marriage: A Practical Road Map for Your Journey Together

Jim Burns and Doug Fields wish you the very best for your wedding, but sadly, they won't be able to make it. What they are here for is your marriage. Jim and Doug have seen it all. They have worked with many couples and have studied extensively to uncover the essential elements for making marriages thrive. This book is their early wedding gift to you:a comprehensive, easy-
Published September 1st 2014 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about Getting Ready for Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Ready for Marriage

J
Mar 05, 2015 J rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*****Anyone considering getting married should read this!! 5-Star Fantastic!!*****

This was an excellent book for anyone to read who’s engaged or preparing to get married… or even for anyone who’s already married, for that matter (just as I am.) It was a pretty quick & enjoyable read too, overall, and not too “lengthy” of a book. Couples would definitely enjoy reading this together. (Even the men will enjoy this book, since it was authored by two men.) The authors add some humor and stories t
Amanda Sheila
****An Advance Reader Copy of Getting Ready for Marriage: A Practical Road Map for Your Journey Together by Jim Burns and Doug Fields was generously provided to me via NetGalley in exchange of honest review.

3.5 stars, great but.. Not my cup of tea.

Not sure why I picked up this book, I thought it's going to be some sort of romance, but no, it's a non fiction book. Or personally to me, more like a self-help book but for a soon-to be married couple. It's great but not gonna lie, I don't really rea
Erica
Apr 03, 2016 Erica rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to my fiancé and me by our premarital counselor. Written from a Christian perspective, this book is informative and full of wisdom. Many of the chapters mention but do not focus on the Christian view of relationships and their related issues. We learned a lot about ourselves, our relationship, and each other in reading this book together. I recommend buying the workbook and completing the exercises with your significant other.
Shin
Sep 02, 2015 Shin rated it it was amazing
I've read about 10 books on marriage in preparation for mine and this one was the best by far. Very comprehensive and practical, yet based on Biblical principles. It quoted from several of the other books I had read. Highly recommended.
Benjamin Nathaniel
Mar 13, 2015 Benjamin Nathaniel rated it it was amazing
a balanced and humble approach

I really enjoyed the concise and humble nature of the Authors' approach. This book was much less condescending than some others and the language felt much more affirming than some other books.

Highly recommended
Josh
Dec 28, 2014 Josh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great read for engaged couples who are preparing for marriage! Very practical information! The book covers many different key topics from finances to spending time with in-laws.
Rodney
Rodney rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Nancy
Jan 09, 2015 Nancy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: radio-rec
FTalk 1/9/15.
Tina Reynolds
Some of the ideas in this are a bit whacky but, overall, a sensible book with sensible ideas.
Joe Summers
Joe Summers rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Lauren Purser
Lauren Purser rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Kierra Wenzel
Kierra Wenzel rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Sophie Crews
Sophie Crews rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
Ashley Scheffler
Ashley Scheffler rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Glenda
Jan 19, 2016 Glenda rated it really liked it
A great help for singles, engage, and those who are married. A getting-ready read!
Karyn Froelich
Karyn Froelich rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Hannah Gourley
Hannah Gourley rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Courtney Ryczek
Courtney Ryczek rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Jessica Worthen
Jessica Worthen rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Jennifer Spaans
Jennifer Spaans rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
Maryanne
Maryanne rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Shawn Shoup
Shawn Shoup rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
NiyaShonni
NiyaShonni rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Grant Mcconnaughey
Grant Mcconnaughey rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Rob Watt
Rob Watt rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
Jordon
Jordon rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2015
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Amanda Hillier
Amanda Hillier rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Jim Burns, Ph.D., President of HomeWord is the host of the HomeWord with Jim Burns daily half-hour, daily one-minute, and weekly half-hour radio programs. His passion is communicating to adults and young people practical truths to help them live out their Christian lives.

Jim is the author of many resources including his latest books The Purity Code: God’s Plan for Sex and Your Body, Teaching Your
More about Jim Burns...

“GettingReadyForMarriage.com.” 0 likes
“Actually, many engaged couples give more thought and consideration to their one-day wedding experience than they do to what will happen in the many years following.” 0 likes