Start by marking “Dreamgates: An Explorer's Guide to the Worlds of Soul, Imagination, and Life Beyond Death” as Want to Read:

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Shamanic practitioner, dream explorer, and author of "Conscious Dreaming" Robert Moss provides exciting, new conscious dreamwork techniques that can launch readers into other worlds and the furthest reaches of their imaginations.
Published May 5th 1998 by Three Rivers Press (first published June 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Dreamgates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamgates

Karen
By the time I was halfway through this book, my dreams were more vivid, meaningful, and memorable. Moss is an enchanting and wise teacher.
Regan
Kind of a rehash so far of his earlier dream work book. I'm half way through and so far it seems like just a continual synopsis of dream journals
Tami
I think almost everyone has woken up from a dream that made them wonder if it contained a hidden (or not so hidden) message. More often than not, most of us let go of the thought. Only later do we look back and realize that perhaps we should have listened or at the very least dug deeper into the meaning.

Dreamgates goes beyond simple dream symbolism and using dreams to better our waking world. In this book, the author teaches us how to actively dream. Following some very simple steps, we can not
House Hesson
There's a little useful information here for someone new to shamanism - a little. Much of the book is recounting of personal experiences in which dream journeying gave a message that was later substantiated in real life. We don't want to hear about these experiences. We want to have them.

We picked it up because a light skim of the early chapters looked promising. It does indeed include some interesting suggestions on how to use shamanic journeying, in or out of dreams, to follow up on earlier sp
Belle
This is currently one of my favorite books. I'm going to start reading it a second time so I can participate with the ideas more. I read a different edition of this book that was re-published by New World Library. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in designing their own ideas about reality based on first-hand experiences, such as dream travels.
Spider Goddess
I read this once a few years ago and loved it! This time, however, I listened to it as an audiobook spoken by Robert Moss himself. The experience was all the more enriched by hearing Moss speak his own words. Loved it!
Donna Woodwell
If I say "dreamwork" in modern Western society, people usually think of analyzing the symbolism in their dreams. This book is not about that.

Instead, it's about the shamanic way of dreaming. About dreaming as a process to be experienced, not simple as content to be analyzed intellectually. This book is the closest I've ever read to the way I learned to work with dreams with my teacher Eileen "ike" West, sitting in ceremonial circles.

It's a book to experience. If you enjoy working with dreams (o
Alicia
Sep 07, 2008 Alicia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those interested in the dream world & the western tradition of shamanism
Recommended to Alicia by: Manda Scott's website (Scottish author of the Boudicca series)
Fascinating look not at dreams, but at Dreaming: a shamanistic spiritual pursuit. The different planes of the dreamscape, and practical tips for how to travel them. Almost as interesting would be an auto-bio of the author, who was formerly a war correspondent and an ancient history professor. I'm going to back up and read his earlier work Conscious Dreaming, since I'm more of a beginner who needs to start at Step 1: remembering my dreams in the 1st place. ~=o}
Anji
Very interesting to read, and could possibly be a very useful reference book.
Alyse Foust
It is a book that allows you to reach your inner soul, to your higher self, and beyond. It is a excelent book for inntermediate and experienced meditatiors and active dreamers, to reach a higher knowledge.

I recieved this book free through goodreads firstreads.
Kiof
Robert Moss is one of those guys who essentially writes the same book over and over again. He preaches the new age genius of dreaming and has some great Rilke quotes....can´t see anything wrong with that.
April
Jan 05, 2009 April rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: essay
I re-read this one often, as it always helps me relax before bed, and interestingly, I almost always have pleasant dreams that night.
Carol Ann Deans
Such a well informed Author and because of this it is easy to feel safe with his advices. He also writes very well and not full of jargon.
Kristy McCaffrey
Absolutely love this book!
Eman Mahmoud
i don't know about it yet
Barbara
Barbara is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
oleeleeo
oleeleeo marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Laura Zaccardi
Laura Zaccardi marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Silvia
Silvia marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Shamanism As a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life
  • The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body and Spirit Through the Chakras
  • Our Dreaming Mind
  • Progressive Witchcraft: Spirituality, Mysteries, and Training in Modern Wicca
  • The Way of Four: Create Elemental Balance in Your Life
  • Urban Shaman
  • The Living Temple of Witchcraft: The Journey of the God (Temple of Witchcraft, #6; Living Temple of Witchcraft, #2)
  • Creative Dreaming: Plan And Control Your Dreams To Develop Creativity Overcome Fears Solve Proble
  • Postmodern Magic: The Art of Magic in the Information Age
  • Awakening to the Spirit World: The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation
  • Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card
  • Hekate Liminal Rites - A Study of the Rituals, Magic and Symbols of the torch-bearing Triple Goddess of the Crossroads
  • Training and Work of an Initiate
  • Lucid Dreaming - The Power of Being Awake & Aware in Your Dreams
  • Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
  • Kundalini and the Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime: A Practical Guide
  • Tarot Spells
  • The Magician's Companion: A Practical and Encyclopedic Guide to Magical and Religious Symbolism (Llewellyn's Sourcebook)
Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life The Three "Only" Things: Tapping the Power of Dreams, Coincidence, and Imagination The Secret History of Dreaming Dreaming the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Dreaming for Healing and Becoming Whole Active Dreaming: Journeying Beyond Self-Limitation to a Life of Wild Freedom

“Highly creative people have a gift for connecting supposedly unrelated elements and ideas. They cross borders without regard for customs posts or No Trespassing signs. They throw suspension bridges across great distances. These elegant and unexpected combinations flow together beautifully in the twilight zone, where metaphor and resemblance rules in place of logic and classification.” 1 likes