Start by marking “Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life” as Want to Read:
Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life

Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Written by a popular leader of dream workshops and seminars, Conscious Dreaming details a unique nine-step approach to dreams, especially precognitive and clairvoyant ones, that uses contemporary dreamwork methods and techniques developed from shamanic cultures around the world.
Published May 7th 1996 by Harmony (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Conscious Dreaming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conscious Dreaming

Lindsay
At first I enjoyed reading this book but, same like the other one I've read, I get some difficulties finishing it. The first chapters are very basic... sharing information you will read in any (beginners) book about dreaming: keeping a dream journal, incubation and so on. The rest of the book is about shamanic dreaming. To me, the title is kinda misleading... conscious dreaming while half of the book is about daydreaming (drumming and re-entering the dream with visualization) and (same like the ...more
Ben Tousey
This is one of the best books on dreaming that I've ever read.

I've always had some really crazy dreams, some of them seemed pretty big, and because of that, I have spent a lot of time learning about them. I studied Jung, Ann Faraday, and others in an effort to understand if... or what they might be saying.

Of course he uses a lot of fringe science, saying that we leave our bodies, or visit with "spirits," things like that. But I like it for a couple of reasons. He's consistent. He's not using the
Gary
Whether you think dreaming is all in your head or — at least occasionally — a connection to a wider reality than we typically perceive, Conscious Dreaming is compelling to read. Moss's view of dreams definitely favors viewing them as having the potential for oracular information and contacts with beings outside oneself, though he does also talk briefly in this book about dreams providing creative inspiration.
Iona  Main Stewart
This is absolutely one of the best books I've read ever.

The author suffered extremely poor health as a child and worked with his dreams from an early age, having many dream visitors/guides, including Philemon, whom he later discovered had been one of C.G. Jung's guides.

I lack words to express the richness of the book. The author shares freely with us his many exceptional dream experiences, including with guides and shamans.

We learn about conscious dreaming, which phrase the author prefers to th
Christine
This was a very eye-opening book. It was recommended by the author to start with this one before moving on to his others.
Daniel Rekshan
Every once in a while, I'll go to a bookstore and buy a book with no clear reason why or even a notion of when I'll read it. This book was one of them. After a few weeks of it on my shelf, I started it. I think its subtly changed my life or, at least, my relationship to my dreams.

Moss offers a very sane view of dreams, backed up with years of personal experience, study, and work facilitating dream groups. He suggests that while dreams have a psychological component, they're also spiritual in nat
Nancy Lankston
My favorite book on dreaming in daylight. Robert Moss is one of my favorite teachers.
Nicole
This is a must read for any avid student of the dream time.
Eden
This book has supported my further exploration of the realm of dreaming, revealing it to be filled with potential teachers and guides. For numerous generations, this realm has served indigenous peoples across the Earth as a gateway to knowledge integral to their synergistic relationship with creation, both physically and in the form of spirit. I have only begun to tap this resource for my own better understanding of how to live in respectful and beautiful relationship with all life.
Rainey
This was the first book that I read by Robert Moss. If you're at all into dreams this is a great book that brings together many ways of looking at and interpreting dreams. Moss teaches that the only person who can interpret your dreams is yourself. He gives good exercises and talks about dreams in a practical non woo-woo sort of way. He talks about dreams as a tool for our lives throughout his books. They are all insightful and I recommend them without question.
caroline
I read this book ten years ago and I had to read it again. It is not only an amazing reference, but also a good story of someone who had a strange childhood and a rich dream life. Moss is an excellent teacher- I got to take a workshop with him during grad school in SF. It was amazing, but the next best thing is reading this book. Just as good the second time. An excellent reference for those who want to have a stronger and more meaningful relationship to their dreams.
Aaron Urbanski
Literally changed my life. I find so much positivity in this book, and couldn't of sparked a greater fire of interest in dreaming. I now keep a daily dream journal and archive every dream I remember in the morning which on average is 2 a night. I've remembered 6 different ones from one night thanks to this book!!
Regan
A good book for beginning dream workers. Mr. Moss writes in a direct style, not using an overwhelming amount of terms that you find yourself running to the dictionary to understand. He is a very empowering teacher.
Book Soup
The best most useful book on dreams and how to relate to them in a meaningful and useful way I have read. Am currently reading it for the second time after ten years. I feel old.

--Caroline
Zenmoon
Powerfully influenced me and my reverence to my dream-life. Moss's writing is clear and elegant and he leaves me endlessly intrigued by the bigger picture behind our lives.
Jerrod
Great read regardless of your religious background. The author simply asks you to be open to dreaming. Very powerful and revealing of ones inner (no)self.
Jill
This was one of the best books on dreaming I've read in a while. It gave great tips on remembering your dreams and unlocking their secrets.
Anny
I was reading it in estonian language
Title is:Teadlik unenägemine. Üheksaastmeline tee unenägude mõistmiseks
Carol
I love this book. I'm thinking of taking a workshop with the author. Really valuable information about dreaming.
Jocelyn
Aug 15, 2007 Jocelyn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Curious dreamers
Best dream book I have found so far. A very interesting way of getting into your own head!
Molly wemder
Oct 20, 2007 Molly wemder rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dream enthusiasts
Shelves: dreaming
I liked this one so much I gave it to a friend who I thought needed it.
Bree
Somewhat helpful, but a bit too New Agey pretentious for me.
T60n3
Phenomenal. The best lucid dreaming book I have read to date.
Kim
Excellent book! Realize the potential of your dreams.
Robin Ferguson
Really helped me remember and delve deeper into my dreams.
Dave
Apr 07, 2007 Dave marked it as to-read
Carol recommends this book
Sun
Sun is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
Douglas Leslie
Douglas Leslie marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Tracy Rogers
Tracy Rogers marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
  • Nature-Speak: Signs, Omens and Messages in Nature
  • Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
  • Creative Dreaming: Plan And Control Your Dreams To Develop Creativity Overcome Fears Solve Proble
  • Shamanic Journeying
  • Shamanism As a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life
  • Urban Shaman
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas
  • Lucid Dreamer: A Waking Guide for the Traveler Between Worlds
  • Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming
  • Our Dreaming Mind
  • The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream And Sleep
  • Trance-Portation Learning to Navigate the Inner World by Paxson, Diana L.  ON Nov-01-2008, Paperback
  • Flying Without a Broom: Astral Projection and the Astral World
  • Singing the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Wisdom for Every Day
  • Protection & Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual (Beyond 101)
  • Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card
  • Earth Quest - Earth Medicine: Revealing Hidden Treasures of the Native American Medicine Wheel - a Shamanic Way to Self-discovery
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
The Three "Only" Things: Tapping the Power of Dreams, Coincidence, and Imagination Dreamgates: An Explorer's Guide to the Worlds of Soul, Imagination, and Life Beyond Death The Secret History of Dreaming Dreaming the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Dreaming for Healing and Becoming Whole Active Dreaming: Journeying Beyond Self-Limitation to a Life of Wild Freedom

“The role of the animal messenger in the dreams of modern city-dwellers is often to recall us to our wild side, and the natural path of our energy.” 1 likes