Start by marking “Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived” as Want to Read:
Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived

Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Jesus: Healer of Body, Soul—and Mind

Over one hundred years of modern psychology and we still haven't improved on the principles and lessons taught by the greatest doctor of the human soul—Jesus. In this accessible and eye-opening book, international bestselling author Dr. Mark Baker offers a refreshing and practical understanding of how the teachings of Jesus are not only
Published October 9th 2007 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived

Kristen
My personal relationship with Jesus Christ and my current role as a clinical psychology doctoral student often seem mutually exclusive...I often feel that my faith is left out of the classroom and the insights I get in the classroom are discounted in my relationships with Christian friends. I found this book a refreshing and encouraging perspective on how current psychological theory is coming to the same conclusions that Jesus taught when He walked this earth. It is encouraging to know that the ...more
Marmelada
A simple and useful book. Made me understand one thing about "sins" and relationships that worth the whole book. I recommend it for anyone who want to have a better relationship with Jesus and a better knowledge of his lessons, without the need to be conected to a religion...

Nossa, esse livro me surpreendeu. Achei muito interessante como o autor coloca as ideias dele sobre os ensinamentos de Jesus. Me esclareceu muitos pontos que eu não entendia bem. Vale a pena para quem quer se relacionar melh
Emily
I stumbled across this book when browsing in the bookstore. I am in the middle of reading it right now, and it could easily be read as a devotional or even make a great group discussion book. It may sound like a self-help title, but it is a thought provoking look at how Jesus loved and related to the people around him and how his teaching related to a lot of ideas that are part of modern psychology.

For me, it is an encouraging reminder to see people and relate to them with love and understanding
Aneta Jackowska-Musiol
I have to read it again. i know now that like in the mirror I can see my face, in relationshisp with others I see my emotions. On many occasions author talks about relationshisp between therapist and client- this has a healing power too.
Chrissy Connor
I took my time with this book. I am not a religious person and I LOVED this book!! I do believe to be on a spiritual path and my mind is open to all things. I loved all the short stories!
Jessica Gorzo
Sep 23, 2010 Jessica Gorzo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone!
"This spiritual principle, that we learn the deepest truths in life through our relationships, is the basis for how I do therapy." This book taught me a lot about relationships and Jesus.
Kayla Anderson
This book was recommended to me for supervision and I just didn't get into it. I did like that the author kept it from being preachy, but otherwise it just wasn't for me.
Kelly
Good self-help book, short stories of everyday anyone who serves as a lesson. You must read and reread to motivate. Glad you got a secret friend.
Melissa
this was by far the BEST book i have read so far. highly reccommended to all those who believe in Jesus.
Katie
Application of Biblical principles to the very questions brought forth in psychiatrists offices...
Morgan
Very good points, would be good to go through chapters in a bible-study setting
Pat
Jesus é o maior e o melhor pscicólogo, sábio, pai que já existiu!
Felicia Ellison
Go guide or go to reference book
Ivan
Ivan marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Abra
Abra marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Humberto
Humberto marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Gusta
Gusta marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Hillary
Hillary marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Marcus Simas
Marcus Simas marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Greatest Psychologist Who Ever Lived: Jesus and the Wisdom of the Soul Como Deus Cura a Dor The Greatest Psychologist Who Ever Lived: Jesus and the Wisdom of the Soul Who's to Blame?: Escape the Victim Trap and Gain Personal Power in Your Relationships

“Spiritual Principle: Even those who get what they want must ask for what they need.” 0 likes