Start by marking “Lbd: It's A Girl Thing (Lbd)” as Want to Read:
Lbd: It's A Girl Thing (Lbd)

Lbd: It's A Girl Thing (LBD #1)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  368 ratings  ·  35 reviews
This novel follows three teenage friends, Ronnie, Claude and Fleur, who are the irrepressible LBD - Les Bambinos Dangereuse. When their headmaster cancels the school's annual summer fete, they decide to replace it with their own music festival.
Published May 29th 2003 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Lbd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lbd

April
This is just so much fun! I honestly don't understand why these books have such low ratings! You've got to remember that these are aimed at 14 year olds! I've read this book 4 times now and I still love it even if it's targeted at 14 year olds! It's just so cute and adorable!
Melissa Silva
Aburrido y soso, batalle mucho para acabar de leer el libro teniendo en cuenta que tiene como 200 paginas -_-
Hailey
I liked this book. But you know I love English people so it was a given that I liked this book. lol
Bria
I thought that this book was ok but half the time I didnt know what they were talking about because I am guessing they live in England and I dont so I dont always understand what they mean when they say certain things. Other than that I thought it was an ok book. Its good if you have a little time on your hands because it is not very long. One thing I didnt like about the book is that they were encountering problems in the books that happened in the beginning and they were just repeating informa ...more
Danica
Jamika
Feb 02, 2010 Jamika rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: not really anyone becasue its kind of boring
Recommended to Jamika by: no one
What i've learned from this book LBD is that friends can sometimes be really annoying when it comes to being/gettin involved in a school activitie becasue they can turn into a something or someone there not-like a monster.In this book the three main characters:Ronnie, Fluer, and Claude(Claudette)are friends i high school and they want to perform on t.v since their parents won't let them on Mtv so they decide to start a local party with their favorite band named Blackwell staring off thje show so ...more
Cristina
So I've just begun to read this and first off GoodReads doesn't have the version that I'm reading. This copy I've got now has a much different cover and on the back it's got the penguin logo and "U.K. £4.99 " so I'm assuming it was purchased in Britain. With that in mind, the cover has the title in circle sparkles over silver with a five pointed flower and seven smallish hand drawnish colorful circles lining the bottom of the lavender cover. Plus the front to back has what appears to be variatio ...more
Stephanie
I read this book in the Summer of 2004. I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun.
Newport Librarians
An interesting twist on the usual high school drama. Yes there are still bullies and boys and girlfriends, but this time the girls are taking control. Banned from attending the hottest thing in rock since forever, they host their own concert and are suddenly the talk of the town. With two great surprises at the end of their concert, this is one rock contest nobody will soon forget.
Francisca Sanchez
Not so into this book as I thought I would be. Reminds me of many things as this movies I saw (not sure what the movies name is). I was hoping to be hooked on to this book, but maybe I will start to like it later on the pages of this girls teenage life. I am now farther on the pages and slowly beginning to like it.
Caitlin
I would not recomend this book to ANYONE. It was HORRIBLE!! There were only 30ish pages near the end that were OK. Other than that the story wasn't very good. It takes a while for it to get started also. That might be why it took me a couple yrs. to get all the way through it. :)
Raquel
This is the typical chick-lit book with a sassy teenage girl as the narrator. I read this book in the sixth grade, but I found it to be funny and decent enough to hold my attention. It's a great book to read if you want to unwind or relax, since it's mind-numbing.
Lesley
Nov 20, 2014 Lesley rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 6th grade and up
Shelves: funny, romantic, real, teen
One of the better examples of Angus-Thongs-wannabes. These books have generally positive messages about friendship, doing what's right, etc., but are wrapped in a bubblegum-pink package that includes cute boys and pop stars.
♥MJ_Lover♥A7X_Lover♥ C.A.Anna♥Jimmy FoREVer
Ths was not the best book ever. I found it a real drag to read. Only the last 3 chapters were the best one i think and im sorry to say but i will not be reading the other LBD book.

3/5 for me

MJ_Lover xoxox
Sho
Feb 13, 2011 Sho rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teenage girls
Shelves: young-adult
Got it for the Gruesome Twosome but they didn't like it. I thought it would appeal as similar to the Georgia Nicholson books but it's not as good. I want to do my Teen Novel again for NaNo 2010 so this is 'research'.
Vidula
Read this on my friend's recommendation. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING? Worst book I have ever read! I honestly don't know why they wanted to publish it... Couldn't even get past page 45...
Kylie O
It was ok a little predictable but overall ok. it was a nice fun easy read and i would reccomened it. Warning its written in british form!!
Teen
When their parents won't let them go to a big music festival, three friends decide to stage their own festival at their school.
Rachel
it was excellent. i absolutely love it. one of the most funniest books I've ever read. amazing book!!!!!!!!!!
Emma
it's pretty cool but i think it's a copycat of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Daisy
Sep 04, 2012 Daisy is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
so far by reading this i am on page 174.its a good book.i really can relate to it.
Kirsty Mcewan
i read this a few years ago... it was brilliant. i would definetly read this again.
Cara
Pretty funny. Similar to the Georgia Nicholson books only not as silly.
CLM
This was a very weak British import trying to be Louise Rennison.
Sophie
I always wanted more from this series! Loved both books!
Ellen Gerst
Kind of slow at the beginning, but gets better with time!:)
Anne
More english comedy!!! (I can never get enough)
Danybusto
Oct 11, 2010 Danybusto is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all my friends
i think this book is very intresting and funny.
Trisha
bleh, I just didn't like the girls in this.
Rell
funny and entertaining. definitely worth it.
  • White Lies and Barefaced Truths (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #1)
  • My Cup Runneth Over: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts
  • Prom Anonymous
  • The One Dollar Horse (The One Dollar Horse, #1)
  • Hadley (Fashionistas, #2)
  • The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love
  • Staré pověsti české
  • In the Name of God
  • Smells Like Treasure
  • Gloss
  • earthgirl
  • Burning Up
  • The Melting of Maggie Bean (Maggie Bean, #1)
  • An American Guide to Britishness
  • Plays: Mrs Warren's Profession/Man and Superman/Major Barbara/Pygmalion
  • Spanish Holiday: Or, How I Transformed the Worst Vacation Ever into the Best Summer of My Life
Grace Dent is one of the hottest names in teen fiction right now. No other author nails how young people REALLY speak and behave. In fact, the many 1000s of SBW fans refuse to believe that the vivid Essex sensation is a fictional character!

Grace says: ‘....kids who claim to have never read anything longer than a text message are ploughing through my books nagging me for the next one. This makes m
More about Grace Dent...
Diary of a Chav (Diary of a Chav, #1) How to Leave Twitter Too Cool for School (Diary of a Chav, #3) Poor Little Rich Girl (Diary of a Snob, #1) The Ibiza Diaries (Diary of a Chav, #4)