Start by marking “Darkness Unbound (Scimitar Magi#3)” as Want to Read:
Darkness Unbound (Scimitar Magi#3)

Darkness Unbound (Scimitar Magi #3)

Covert op partners Astrid Scarre and Kane Langford click on a level that defies logic. Astrid wants to say yes to the sexy Kane. But the guy who stole her heart and then shattered her soul twelve years ago shows up. Seeing the Dragon magus, Zannis, again ignites a wild physical attraction, but doesn’t eliminate her simmering hatred. Astrid is torn between her physical need ...more
Published November 21st 2014 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Darkness Unbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness Unbound

Jonel Boyko
I read this novel in a single afternoon. Forward held me bound from cover to cover. The fast forward pace of the at times suspenseful story combines with the true emotional bonds between the characters to create an unforgettable (and at times unfathomable) whole. Forward has created an entire world for her readers to fall in love with, complete with a history and mythology of its own, and it’s hidden right within our own. Forward has created a fantastic ending for this novel. I love how things ...more
Ruty  B
Jan 30, 2016 Ruty B rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Scimitar Magi series puts the bar in a higher place. In this installment the magic goes darker and the demons are more evil. We witness how the gods mess with the lives of people without caring about the consequences and the action is always present.

We first met Astrid and Kane in the previous book, but it was a quick meeting and now they take the leading role. Their story is full of drama, tension, adrenaline and romantic moments.

Astrid is the ultimate kick-ass female her
Cocktails and Books
I walked into this story having no idea what a Scrimitar Magi was, but that didn't matter. I was introduced to a world where descendents of Gods are reborn into somewhat immortal warriors who protect the human realm from all sorts of bad guys. It was interesting, at times funny and definitely full of some very hot alpha males.

DARKNESS UNBOUND tells the story of Astrid, a woman who had been wronged one too many times in her life by men and suddenly finds herself the first female members of this g
She Hearts Books
Nov 26, 2014 She Hearts Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Astrid and Zannis were together in another life. Atrid has moved on and has a partner that she is attracted to, but then Zannis comes back into her life and is ready to fight for her. Well when he isn't trying to kill her and put her in the hospital.

I really enjoyed their story and there is so much of it in this book. Sometimes it could get overwhelming, but overall it was a fantastic read.

I give Darkness Unbound 4 hearts!
InD'tale Magazine
Third in the Scimitar Magi Series, "Forgotten in Darkness" is a unique work that stands quite well on its own.

Read full review in the 2014/2015 Holiday issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Diana
Jan 30, 2015 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rftc
“Darkness Unbound” by Zoe Forward was an interesting adventure. First, I have to confess that I don’t often read too much of this genre. So there are some aspects of the story that I might not understand completely. Aside from not reading this genre too much I was really interested in the plot of the story and I was intrigued to see how it would play out.

Astrid Scarre is a covert. However, in her past life she was a partner/lover/ wife to Zannis. Zannis is a Dragon magus. When the story begins h
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Darkness Unbound by Zoe Forward

Fascinating. Gods, daemons and magi.
A world of warriors in fierce battles against evil. A world with Gods in modern times. A female magi with mad fighting and organizational skills. Souls being reincarnated.
Astrid is caught between two men. Zannis from a long ago time and Kane who she has worked with for years and has trusted to guard her back.

"Fear and an undeniable fascination with the power and danger of this man coalesced."
"She was alone in a dark, deserted lo
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Nov 23, 2014 Johnnie-Marie Howard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r
What in the world did I just read? I was so confused by the time the 3rd chapter hit me I for some reason had to continue to read the damn thing hoping that it would make a clearer picture in my head. Don't get me wrong the author did a wonderful with the writing I just think that it was too much. I had to many POV's to try and follow and so many details that I didn't really understand what in the hell was going on. I did love all the hott and juicy sex scenes those were enough to make my cheeks ...more
Prismseven
I received a copy of this story in exchange for a honest review. I didn't get a chance to read books 1&2 in the series prior the reading this and I found I was able to keep up with the story and fully enjoy it. The storyline was sexy and the mixture of past and present characters added a wonderful depth to the mix. Overall great read.
Faelan
Sep 12, 2015 Faelan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 2015
I received a copy for an honest review
I have to admit I only found out it was part of a serie when I'd already requested the copy.

So far I liked the concept a lot, it just didn't turn out to be my thing. I probably would've liked it better if I'd started with the first book, but now, I don't really have the need to start it.
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Tanja Kothe
Tanja Kothe rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Lily
Lily rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Natasja
Natasja rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
jd
jd rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Caitlin Kleist
Caitlin Kleist rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Laurie Hopkins
Laurie Hopkins rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Nicole Vincent
Nicole Vincent rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Quincy Marin
Quincy Marin rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2015
Misty Cline
Misty Cline rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Zoe Forward
Nov 21, 2014 Zoe Forward rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Available in print and e-book November 21, 2014!
Lawrence Mercer
Lawrence Mercer rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2014
Louie Jane
Louie Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Deb Sisler
Deb Sisler marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Laura Thomas
Laura Thomas marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
JoRead
JoRead marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
dksport03
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Sam Miller
Sam Miller marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Melissa Lachapelle
Melissa Lachapelle marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jacklynn Sizemore
Jacklynn Sizemore marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Kay Butz
Kay Butz marked it as to-read
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
Rachel Hall
Rachel Hall marked it as to-read
Candy Blackmon
Candy Blackmon marked it as to-read
Seanna Yeager
Seanna Yeager marked it as to-read
Nikki Brooks
Nikki Brooks marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Lauren Pike
Lauren Pike marked it as to-read
Tamra
Tamra marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Skylar
Skylar marked it as to-read
Tammy Pooser
Tammy Pooser marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Making Connections: 3383. - DARKNESS UNBOUND by Zoe Forward 14 88 May 12, 2015 01:58AM
  • Ageless Sea (Ageless, #1)
  • Open Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #3)
  • The Sheik's Accidental Pregnancy (The Botros Brothers #1)
  • Skin Deep (Eternal Forces #1)
  • Lunangelique's Sleeping Gods
  • The Gramm Curse (Night Watchmen, #0.5)
  • The Door Into Spring (Wes & Mal, #1.5)
  • Aeromancist: The Beginning (Seven Forbidden Arts, #2)
  • Claiming Earth (Delroi Connection, #4)
  • Aversion (The Mentalist Series, #1)
  • Teach Me (Southern Nights, #1)
  • Ocean's Gift (Ocean's Gift, #1)
  • The Dark-Hunters: The Collection Thus Far (Dark-Hunter, #1-21)
  • Taz (G-Man, #4)
  • My Big Fat Southern Gay Wedding (A Southern Thing #3)
  • Darkside Sun (Mortal Machine, #1)
Award winning author, Zoe Forward is a hopeless romantic who can’t decide between paranormal and contemporary romance. So, she writes both. When she’s not typing at her laptop, she’s tying on a karate belt for her son or cleaning up the newest pet mess from the menagerie that occupies her house. She’s a small animal veterinarian caring for a wide range of furry creatures, although there has been ...more
More about Zoe Forward...

Scimitar Magi (3 books)
  • Dawn of a Dark Knight (Scimitar Magi, #1)
  • Forgotten In Darkness (Scimitar Magi, #2)