Start by marking “Daisies in the Wind” as Want to Read:
Daisies in the Wind

Daisies in the Wind

An outlaw's daughter posing as a schoolmarm, Rebecca Rawlings sets up a steely facade that prevents anyone from getting close, but Sheriff Wolf Bodine, the one-time nemesis of her father, now pledged to protect her, breaks through her reserve.
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published April 1st 1994 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Daisies in the Wind, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jan 07, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good western with lots of action, mistrustful sherrif & slick & creepy villains.

Lonely school teacher sets off to make a new life for herself. Arrives as a hero then when they hear her name all goes down hill fast. The new town is not going to soon forget her father & his gang robbed, killed there and she's a magnet for bad element because rumour has it she's hiding a silver mine.

Daisies in the Wind by Jill Gregory

I enjoyed this book.

The description of the book I am listing below is from the back jacket of the book. I'm adding it because I believe the one on the Goodreads page does not depict this story.

ICE- was her shield against a cruel, callous world.

FIRE was his weapon - a blazing six-gun and an unquenchable passion.

FATE brought them together as the rugged lawman taught the outlaw's rebellious daughter the meaning of love...

She was an ebony-haired, violet-eyed helli
May 19, 2010 Crista rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star, western
Daisies in the Wind was an AVERAGE read at best.

It has a strong premise. Daughter of an outlaw attracted to a sheriff. I was excited to see how these "sworn enemies" would find their Happily Ever After. Unfortunately this book was (dare I say) boring. I found myself daydreaming about other things while I was reading....I didn't think that was possible.

Wolf was a solid leading man. A tortured hero with his deceased wife's betrayals and his distrust of women. The secondary characters...Wolf's mo
Aug 14, 2015 Sommertime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I always love a good historical western romance. This book did not disappoint. I loved our MCs. They were both tough, stubborn, feisty and honorable.

I thought the ending was a little too sweet. Wolf changed so much I guess I like my tough Sheriff to stay a little tough even after he gets his HEA.
Aug 12, 2015 Lela rated it really liked it
Rebecca Rawlings is an outlaw's daughter and attempts to leave that lifestyle to become a schoolteacher in Montana. Wolf Bodine is the sheriff in the small community where Rebecca is teaching. I liked it. As with many romances it is predictable in places but ultimately gives you the needed HEA. The journey to get there was fun.
Dec 25, 2012 Elisabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: western-romance
I liked the characters and the plot, however it was a bit too obvious and predictable sometimes, and i felt that the author over explained the attraction between the 2 characters. Sometimes less is more.
Altogether a pleasant, easy read, when you are looking for something easy and like westerns.
Jan 19, 2013 Mum rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, beach-read
At times, to unbelievable even for a romance. On the whole, a good story, but far too many random events conspire to make this tiny town appear to be a major stopping point in the west.
Helen Stein
Nov 13, 2015 Helen Stein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly enjoyed this book. She certainly makes the characters very interesting. Will be reading more of Jill Gregory in the future.
A true romance story.
d burton
d burton rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2016
Natalia_Top rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Tess marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Jennifer HOot
Jennifer HOot marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Danielle L Katz
Danielle L Katz marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Kylie Anderson
Kylie Anderson rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Jennifer Leighton
Jennifer Leighton marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
April rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Lovetoread marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Valerie DiDonato
Valerie DiDonato rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Cecilia rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
T added it
Jun 02, 2016
Sandy Smith
Sandy Smith rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Allison Girres
Allison Girres marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Flo James
Flo James rated it liked it
May 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Temptation Calls (The Calling, #3)
  • The Tenderfoot Bride
  • The Love of a Lawman (Callister, #3)
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Night Angel
  • Apache Magic (Coltons, #1)
  • Montana Bride
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • Hawk's Way: Carter & Falcon (Hawk's Way #5-6)
  • The De Burgh Bride (de Burgh, #2)
  • Logan's Outlaw (Men of Defiance, #4)
  • Beautiful Girl
  • Forever a Lord (The Rumor, #3)
  • Under the Desert Moon
  • A Touch of Scandal (James Family, #2)
  • Texas Outlaw (Wild Texas Nights, #1)
  • The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • Keegan's Lady
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Jill Gregory is the award-winning author of more than thirty novels. Jill has been awarded the Romantic Times Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence and her novels NEVER LOVE A COWBOY and COLD NIGHT, WARM STRANGER were honored with back-to-back Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice awards for Best Western Historical Romance.

Jill Gregory's novels have
More about Jill Gregory...