Start by marking “The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940.” as Want to Read:
The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940.

The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940.

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The creative team responsible for a recent Broadway flop (in which three chorus girls were murdered by the mysterious "Stage Door Slasher") assemble for a backer's audition of their new show at the Westchester estate of a wealthy "angel." The house is replete with sliding panels, secret passageways and a German maid who is apparently four different people-all of which figu ...more
Published January 1st 1998 by Dramatists Play Service, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940.

Mary Kirkpatrick
My school performed this play, and I nealy peed my pants from laughing. So Clue. So fun. So entertaining. The students at my school did a great job, and one of my closest friends was the plot twist at the very end, and he scared the BEJEEBERS out of me. It was a little bit epic.
Jessica
A silly, funny play with the same kind of humor as Noises Off. This would be great to see on stage. I didn't always follow everything that was going on, but I think it would be clearer when staged out. It has all the elements of a classic murder mystery, with secret passages and a snowstorm cutting off power and people with secret identities. If you get a chance to see it performed, go for it.
Jessica Barkl
Another farce that was considered for the Fall slot of Walla Walla Community College's season. It is a good farce, silly, murder, mahem...singing? It has a lot of technical challenges (i.e. identical twins, of which one is a boy and another is a girl...not possible in reality, but makes for some great farcical moments). The director shied away from the singing in this, but...I think he might do it again in the future. I would've preferred this one to "It Runs in the Family" because I like murder ...more
Grover
An hysterically funny murder mystery farce. The creative team responsible for the failed musical "Manhattan Holiday" is gathered again in the creepy house of Elsa von Grossenkneuten. "Manhattan Holiday" closed because of a series of murders, and the team, ostensibly gathered for a backer's audition for their new musical, is together so Officer Kelly can observe their interactions and hopefully deduce the killer.

Also present are Nikki Crandall, a chorus girl with a secret, and Eddie McCuen, a not
Samantha
Honestly one of my favorite scripts of all time. I played Elsa in my high school's production of this play when I was a junior and it was so, so much fun. It's hilarious and fast-paced and has a lot of really surprising layers. Definitely a must-see, or at least a must-read. I think it translates better on stage because of all the mystery elements involved, but it's too fun to ignore.
Michele
One of the plays I was involved in while in high school- it's neither a musical, nor a comedy. That's what makes it fun! The script is as good to read as seeing the live performance- great lines.
Miles
Awesome play! The characters are hilarious (if I do say so myself) and its pace is quick. If you can't watch it, you should read it. Out loud.
Thomas Shaw
I'm cast as Eddie in this show and I decided to get greedy and add it to my goodreads list :-).

Amazing script.
Shannon
This play was amazing when I saw it! It's really fun and entertaining.
Thea
One of my favorite shows. HILARIOUS!
Emily
Emily added it
Feb 26, 2015
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Qj Pedregosa
Qj Pedregosa marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Connie
Connie added it
Sep 08, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Sep 07, 2014
Heidi Przytulski
Heidi Przytulski marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
John Bishop: How Did All This Happen? God Distorted: How Your Earthly Father Affects Your Perception of God and Why It Matters How Did All This Happen? Dangerous Church: Risking Everything to Reach Everyone Full 60+ to History: The Inside Story of the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins