Elvis by the Presleys

Elvis by the Presleys

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  11 reviews
For the first time, the inside story of legendary entertainer Elvis Presley’s life as a husband, father, son, cousin, friend, spiritual seeker — Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley, and other family members, come together to memorialize our greatest star in this stunningly illustrated companion to a major television special and longer-form documentary.

Elvis by the Presleys is...more
Published May 3rd 2005 by Crown Archetype (first published May 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Elvis by the Presleys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elvis by the Presleys

Tarek
Elvis, by the Presleys, is a great book filled with all the need-to-know information about him, his wife, daughter, aunt, grandmother, and more. Not only does the book discuss all the things that Elvis did and care for, but it also showed many illustrations to show us what they are as well. The book revolves around Graceland, which was home to Elvis and the rest of the Presley's, and explains to us that all the closest people to Elvis lived in it with him. The book shows both sides to Elvis, th...more
Shelby
Reading this book made me appreciate Elvis greatly as a artist! He was so charming and this book has allowed me to appreciate him and his struggle to remain on top. This book as Elvis's music is very enjoyable! :) <3
Nickie Brunner
I think this is the best book about Elvis. Its all told from the people in his family. So you know all the stories must be true.
Paty
Nov 16, 2012 Paty added it
At the beginning, I found this book really interesting since I didn't know much about Elvis, and I learned a lot.The fact that it was written by the Presley's themselves made it even better, since it made it a primary source, and there's real feeling behind those words. Towards the end though, when Elvis's wife started talking about the darkest parts of his life, from when he was involved in drugs to the day of his death, the book started to get boring, since its so expected from a star to end t...more
David Ward
Elvis by the Presleys by Priscilla Presley (ed.), Lisa Marie Presley, David Ritz (ed.) (Crown Archetype 2005)( 780.92). Elvis as husband, father, son, cousin, and spiritual seeker by members of his family. My rating: 7/10, finished 2006.
Rob
I thought it was a novel, with new/updated info or opinions. It's a companion book to a TV special and DVD. It was a quick read. Didn't give me too much more new info than I already knew from reading other Elvis books.
Jessica
While the content in this book is nothing new as far as information goes, the pictures and memorabilia illustrated prove to be a fabulous and visually stunning collection. Nice addition to any Elvis fan's collection.
Becky
Aug 14, 2007 Becky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Elvis Fans
Shelves: non-fiction
It's a book you really "read" - just browse through. I've been obsessed with Elvis since I was young (perhaps brought by the incessant playing of oldies music in my house). Just fun for the Elvis fan.
Melissa Brothers
The documentary/DVD was even better. It's my favorite documentary of Elvis.
Meleya
Aug 01, 2011 Meleya added it
I liked the collection of pictures and stories in this book. Easy read.
Caroline
Really intresting in sight to the family life.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Kate Carroll
Kate Carroll marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jeanine Bolger
Jeanine Bolger marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Nikki
Nikki added it
Jun 16, 2014
Lotte
Lotte marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Sandy
Sandy added it
May 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Priscilla Ann Beaulieu Presley is an American model, actress and author. She is the rock 'n' roll singer and musician Elvis Presley's ex-wife and the mother of singer Lisa Marie Presley.
More about Priscilla Presley...
Elvis and Me Elvis e eu The Gospel Side of Elvis Elvis: A Tribute to the King of Rock 'n' Roll: Platinum Edition Collector's Vault Graceland: An Interactive Pop-Up Tour