Start by marking “Ultimate Betrayal” as Want to Read:

Ultimate Betrayal

Ultimate Betrayal, Joseph Badal’s 8th thriller, was inspired by actual events. Ittakes the reader on an action-packed, adrenaline-boosting ride, from the streets of South Philadelphia, through the Afghanistan War, to Mafia drug smuggling, to the halls of power at the CIA and the White House.

David Hood comes from the streets of South Philadelphia, is a decorated Afghanistan

Published September 16th 2014 by AmazonEncore (first published April 2nd 2014)

Ebook Planet
Jul 19, 2015 Ebook Planet rated it really liked it
Ultimate Betrayal is a thriller which follows war veteran David Hood through the mean streets of Philadelphia and beyond as he gets mixed up with the mafia and the CIA, and secrets from his past return to ruin his perfect life. The sense of emotion provided by David Hood's family ties is very real and makes events feel that much more significant. This is a book that really gets the adrenaline flowing.

The author is not afraid to get political as he touches upon warfare, government corruption, and
Farhan
Mar 06, 2015 Farhan rated it it was ok
When a former U.S. army colonel with a shady past is appointed to a senior CIA position, he decides to ensure that none of his past shenanigans would surface to jeopardize his new career. His strategy: eliminate the nine or ten former soldiers who were under his command as anyone of them 'might' know about his corruption and narcotics-trading.

That's not all, anybody else who helps him track down the soldiers is also killed by hired assassins.

Naturally, one soldier survives the attempt on his l
Lyn Dalton
Apr 10, 2015 Lyn Dalton rated it it was amazing
Ultimate Betrayal is ultimate reading.

WOW! This book was so exciting I c couldn't put it down. It was fast paced and so well written, and it was absolutely believable. It was fun to see a corrupt politician get his just rewards. Joseph Badal has another winner. I would give this book another star if I could.
Terri Hunt
Jul 13, 2015 Terri Hunt rated it it was amazing
Gripping

At first I wasn't sure I would like this. Figure it was another war/revenge book. Characters were great, the details and situations were interesting. The twists and turns kept me reading without stopping.
Carole Kuentz
Mar 22, 2015 Carole Kuentz rated it it was amazing
Wow

Couldn't put this book down. It went from one exciting moment to the next. We all know the corruption that went on in Afghanistan and still does to this day. I highly recommend this book.
arlene gagnon
Feb 16, 2015 arlene gagnon rated it really liked it
The title gives a good description of the plot.

The author takes the reader on a journey of suspense and intrigue. This is the first book I have read by this author but it won't be the last. I look forward to reading more of his novels.
James Lowe
Aug 02, 2015 James Lowe rated it it was amazing
Almost Too Good

This careening story about too believable events caused me to lose sleep worrying about what would happen next. Perhaps this is more excitement than should be allowed, especially when it is written so believability. But I must risk another one of his books.
Brian Prescott
Mar 10, 2015 Brian Prescott rated it it was amazing
Ultimate Betrayal

This was an excellent read. It was full of action and even though there was a lot going on with the storyline, it was explained in a way that made it easy to follow. This was the first book I have read by Nadal but won't be the last!
Judith Preston
May 25, 2016 Judith Preston rated it it was amazing
Engrossing rollercoaster

Well worth my time. Entertaining and tense every word. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommend it. Writers out there who are aspiring to write a suspense thriller, take a lesson from this one.
Brooke Black
May 14, 2015 Brooke Black rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended

Would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a mystery. This is my first book by Joseph Nadal but it will not be my last.
Diana Pepper
Mar 29, 2015 Diana Pepper rated it liked it
Ok read

As I read this book it seemed to be a little choppy like I was missing something it wasn't a smooth read to me. It wasn't really boring but there wasn't very suspenseful.
Mary Smith
Jun 01, 2015 Mary Smith rated it it was amazing
Spellbinding read

I simply could not put this book down, it is an exciting read, could barely wait to turn the page.
larry brashear
Aug 12, 2015 larry brashear rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!

Among the best novels i have read! I read a great deal and this book truly was enjoyable, thrilling and held me captive all the way through.
cheri
Mar 21, 2016 cheri rated it really liked it
Good....not great

I liked it but wasn't mesmerized by it. It didn't hold any surprises. Having a minimum word requirements ticks me off and makes me not want to leave ratings!!!!!
Oma
Jan 28, 2016 Oma rated it really liked it
Shelves: joseph-badal
Lots of action, interesting plot and character development of good guy ...but bad guy is almost unbelievably rotten, almost to a cartoon-like villain.
LARRY O THIGPEN
May 05, 2015 LARRY O THIGPEN rated it it was amazing
Good book.

Four stars. Fast moving, suspenseful. Interesting characters. This was my first Joseph Badal book. I plan to read more of his work.
Kyle
Apr 16, 2015 Kyle rated it it was amazing
A fun and fast paced read about a retired army officer using his unique network of friends to battle an unknown enemy. There's a new twist for the reader on every page.
Joy Langford
Mar 18, 2015 Joy Langford rated it liked it
Ultimate Betrayal as a read

I've read better crime dramas of which I gravitate to. Much better writers out there....... Check out Vince Flynn, he was the best!
Kathryn Ottele
Jul 24, 2015 Kathryn Ottele rated it it was amazing
Ultimate Betrayal

This book is suspenseful, thrilling, and very good! The characters were well written and it was easy to get immersed into the story.
Kandice Elison
Kandice Elison rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Victoria Clark
Victoria Clark rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Becky Hirtzel
Apr 17, 2016 Becky Hirtzel rated it liked it
Pretty good thriller/spy novel, until the hokey ending.
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Eugene Szabo
Eugene Szabo rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Gary Elm
Gary Elm rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
mactnt
mactnt rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Audren Tomlinson
Audren Tomlinson rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Scott Bevins
Scott Bevins rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Die Laughing: 5 Comic Crime Novels
  • Murder for Greenhorns (Warbonnet, #1)
  • Double Prey (Posadas County Mystery, #8)
  • Hard Return (Cyril Landry #2)
  • False Positive (Detective Cooper Devereaux #1)
  • Constant Fear
  • Rise of the Enemy (The Enemy, #2)
  • Presumption of Guilt (Innocent Prisoners Project #2)
  • I Used to Think I Was Normal But Now I Take Pills for That
  • Plugged Nickel (Detective Joe Denali series)
  • Don't YA Know
  • Someone Wicked: A Written Remains Anthology
  • A Life Singular (Book #1)
  • Still Wild: Short Fiction of the American West 1950 to the Present
  • The Rough Guide to Classic Novels
  • Joe After Maya
  • Mastery of Consciousness: Awaken the Inner Prophet: Liberate Yourself with Yogic Wisdom.
  • Visions of Distant Shores: An Andre Norton Collection
"Joe Badal has had a varied and successful career. In addition to having had 10 suspense novels published -- The Pythagorean Solution, Shell Game, Ultimate Betrayal, Evil Deeds (Danforth Saga #1), Terror Cell (Danforth Saga #2), The Nostradamus Secret (Danforth Saga #3),The Lone Wolf Agenda (Danforth Saga #4), Death Ship (Danforth Saga #5), Borderline (#1 in the Lassiter/Martinez Case Files ...more
More about Joseph Badal...