Start by marking “Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)

Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl #1-5)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  10,532 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
Complete 5-Book Boxed Set includes Artemis Fowl, The Arctic Incident, The Eternity Code, The Opal Deception, and The Lost Colony.
Paperback
Published January 1st 2007 by Scholastic Book Clubs (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5

Hugo
Nov 25, 2011 Hugo rated it it was amazing
This had me thinking if humans really are living up to their full potential. If these Fairies do exist, then comparing comparing us to them, we are just throwing stones at each other. I think their inventions are amazing, and how Eoin describes how they work could make a person believe these inventions could exists, like the iris cam, small electronics that you wear as contacts that can record film and sound, can change your views by zooming in and out, thermal imaging, night vision, and even x- ...more
Barb Scott
Jul 25, 2009 Barb Scott rated it it was amazing
Take a boy genius, his trusty butler, and said boy genius's bent for coming up with plans to restore his family's fortune by stealing gold from fairies. This is the premise of the first book in the series, simply entitled Artemis Fowl.

The author combines folklore and fantasy, as well as a deft use of language, into a series that is easily readable and action-packed.

Other books in the series include:
#2 Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
#3 Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
#4 Artemis Fowl: The Opal D
Megan
Jul 30, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing
I love these books, like really really love them. It's been such a long time since I read the first one that I'm going to have to re-read it, but amazing series. It's definitely in the sy-fy category, considering its about a 12 year old boy genius who discovers the world of fairies and goblins and dwarves and tons of other fantastical creatures. However, I do have to say that (in my opinion) the series gets a little far fetched toward the end. Like, book 5 and 6 were probably my least favorite, ...more
Eric
Nov 25, 2016 Eric rated it liked it
These were very entertaining for me in middle school, but I think that was in-part because I had an inflated ego and felt like I could identify with Artemis. I definitely don't think these books helped with that or taught me important moral lessons.

Thoroughly entertaining, though, and exposed me to many different mythologies, places, and ideas.
emrys merlin
Nov 17, 2016 emrys merlin rated it really liked it
Review coming soon!
Anita Moll
May 21, 2016 Anita Moll rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful series with a convoluted and well-fleshed out bit of world building by Eoin Colfer. It also appealed to me because of the code that runs along the bottom of the book, inviting readers to become part of the character's progress by engaging in a bit of code breaking themselves. This is highly recommended for those who enjoy fantasy, thrillers, action, and who have a mysterious affinity to Ireland and the emerald isles (I don't know why but I was curiously drawn to them whilst rea ...more
Cal Bow
May 11, 2015 Cal Bow rated it really liked it
As with all of the books I have read and will read, I am rating these books based on how much I enjoyed them at the time.

Got given this box set when I was about eleven, read them all and really enjoyed the very clever plot lines inside and the genius protagonist Artemis and his Butler appealed to me greatly. Definitely better written than some of the other series that I read around this period (such as Harry Potter). I liked how many plot threads were given at the beginning of each book and many
Krissa
May 12, 2010 Krissa rated it it was amazing
This series was recommended to me by the owner of my used book store (I call it mine, because that is where I go). I was skeptical, come to find out, I had already purchased the first book at a used book sale for the library. Needless to say, I should have started the book much sooner. Fantastic! I think I read them all in 3 weeks. I love the characters! I am very excited for the next book to come out, I was unconvinced that #6 was the last. It wasn't ended like a series is supposed to be.
Very!
Katelyn
Apr 08, 2008 Katelyn rated it it was amazing
This is a really fun series. The main character, Artemis Fowl, is a twelve year old criminal mastermind. He has a bodyguard named Butler who reluctantly tags along during Artemis' schemes. In the first book Artemis learns about the existence of fairyfolk and manages to catch one of them. His relationship with the fairyfolk continues through the series. Through the books it is fun to see how Artemis' relationship with those around him change and how he starts to gain more of a conscience.
William Robinson
Dec 26, 2014 William Robinson rated it it was amazing
Eoin Colfer has constructed a brilliant dual-world involving humans and fairies. The first book establishes the characters and the world - you may sit back and enjoy as the world and characters unfold in greater detail, becoming familiar haunts and quick-witted friends. The books are solidly young adult, yet their comedy is to be enjoyed at all ages and their drama - rather than the happily-ever-after drama of many YA novels - has lasting and sobering consequences.
Colleen
Jan 12, 2011 Colleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love these books. I have always been a fan of villains, so to have a villain character as the protagonist of a fantasy adventure novel was basically a dream come true for me. Artemis is wonderfully snarky and well done, and I very much enjoy watching his progression (and regression, and second progression!) as the series continues. Also I had a blast cracking the faerie code and translating the secret messages inside the books. Very fun reads overall.
Kevin
Apr 29, 2009 Kevin rated it it was amazing
Great books! I thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. The books are creative, clever, fast paced, and humorous. The characters are unique and fun. They aren't my favorite books of all time but I would definitely like to own them and read them again. I highly suggest listening to these books on CD instead of reading because the reader is the best I have ever heard. He is similar to the Harry Potter reader but better.
Madalyn
This book takes quite a bit of reading comprehension to understand and stay interested in- but even if your not the best reader, the exciting twists and turns are really interesting and suprising- you always wonder how artemis is going to pull it off again but he always does!Artemis Fowl The Time Paradox
Corinna
Aug 30, 2011 Corinna rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this series. Fun, light hearted - a breath of fresh air from all the normal fantasy books that all sound the same. Introduced it to my son (I was hesitant to give him the...5th or 6th one -- can't remember which) who read them non stop. I had to push myself to keep ahead of him. This was one of the series that I enjoyed in audio format, with the different accents the reader used. Very entertaining and I was disappointed when I finished the last one.
Renee
Sep 05, 2015 Renee rated it really liked it
I did enjoy the story and some of the dialogue, especially Artemis's parts. I found the characters interesting, and if there is ever a genius as smart as Fowl Junior, I am certain he (or she) would have some of the same character traits.
The greatest drawbacks were the swearing words and crude humor. Nothing terrible, but it lessened my enjoyment, especially because I read this book when I was young.
MizziQ
Apr 05, 2011 MizziQ rated it it was amazing
These are probably my favorite series of books to date. Adding to that this is one of my favorite authors. A kid genius. Fairies. Artemis deals with his genius and being the son of the leader of a prominent criminal empire. He also dabbles in crimes of his own. He almost makes too big a leap though when he is the first human, a kid of all people, to find the lep-recon unit and the whole fairie world, underground. The story continues in the other 4 books, And on!
Katy
Dec 22, 2012 Katy rated it it was amazing
A great, fun read. I love watching Artemis grow up. He may act like an adult most of the time, but you can see the child in him occasionally. He's one of my favorite characters in any book I've ever read. Although he has some competition because Eoin Colfer doesn't spend all his character developement on just Artemis; his friends are just as wonderful.
Feb 05, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I borrowed this book series from my 8 year old cousin over Thanksgiving and winter break and was utterly transported. I never had any overriding desire to read them, but now that I have, I would recommned Artemis Fowl to anyone. They're exciting, clever, and funny and have some genuinely moving moments.
Naomi
Sep 03, 2010 Naomi rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-to-finish
I enjoyed the whole series, each one leaves you wondering how Artemis and friends are going to manage to foil their enemies this time. I really like the characters and their interaction with each other. I think I chuckle more reading these books than most others.

Read so far:
*The five listed above plus
*Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox (Book 6)
*Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex (Book 7)
Saralyn
Jun 29, 2008 Saralyn rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I really enjoyed Artemis Fowl when I first read them and still like the twist that they are from the villian's view point, but I got part way through the last one recently and didn't really enjoy it that much. They are pretty fast-reads with lots of unbelievable adventure. I still think that they're worth reading at least a few of.
Trudi
Oct 07, 2008 Trudi rated it liked it
These books are o.k. They are interesting and sort of fun to read. I just started them because I needed something to read. They're not the best and I don't feel like it's much of a page turner, but they're o.k. if you don't have anything else to read.
Kimberly
Jun 12, 2010 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I loved these books! Colfer took an overdone theme (fairies, magic, etc.) and created a unique story with great characters. I'm re-reading some of them to study just how he did it. The audio versions are great as well, highly entertaining with the different accents.
Amandalynn
Jul 11, 2016 Amandalynn rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-school
I have really enjoyed this series especially with the idea of wanting something that my boys can read. It is hard finding good wholesome books for young men and that would keep their attention but these would definitely do it.
Meggiie
Jul 14, 2009 Meggiie rated it it was amazing
I admit that I'm OBSESSED with Artemis Fowl!!
A young criminal mastermind tricking fairies,
rescuing family, tricking another mastermind,
capturing demons, and time traveling!
I also admit that I have a huge CRUSH
on little Arty Fowl!!!
Tom
Aug 25, 2008 Tom rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: great-fantasy
These are all a fantasy lover could ask for!!! A mix between action and fantasy that is awesome!
Callie
Nov 22, 2008 Callie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these books! They are light hearted, intelligent, well written, and hilarious! The flow of the overall story is pure genius, and the characters are easy to love (even when one of them is a criminal mastermind). I would highly recommend them to readers of all ages.
Kayla-la
Mar 10, 2008 Kayla-la rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 7th - 9th grade
Shelves: series
I loved these books!
They're a great little adventure story and Artemis' intelect always kept it interesting!
The ending of The Lost Colony would have to be my favorite!
If you havn't read it then you should, it's cute!
Sherry
Jun 04, 2009 Sherry rated it liked it
This is an excellent collection of children's books following the character Artemis through his life of moral ups and downs and the friends who stood by him. Has some violence and frightening situations. Probably ok for any kid over the age of 8.

Jess
Aug 15, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing
The first few Artemis Fowl books are, honestly, my favorites. Books 1-4 especially are captivating, fantastic, and enjoyable. One particular strength of the series is the interesting and likeable characters.
Myca Irvine
Fun kids series. I started getting tired of the books by the 3rd book. However, I started enjoying the story with the 5th book. By the end of the series I was glad I stayed with the series, and enjoyed the ending.
E.P.I.C. Quiz Group: EPIC Artemis Fowl Quiz 1 7 Oct 01, 2012 07:20PM
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set (Bartimaeus, #1-3)
  • The Travelers: Book Two (Pendragon: Before the War, #2)
  • The Ruins of Gorlan / The Burning Bridge / The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice #1-3)
  • The Travelers (Pendragon: Before the War, #1)
  • Eragon & Eldest (Inheritance, #1-2)
  • Septimus Heap Box Set: Magyk and Flyte (Septimus Heap, #1-2)
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 7
  • The Inkheart Trilogy: Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath (Inkworld, #1-3)
  • Maximum Ride Five-Book Set
  • The Abhorsen Trilogy Box Set (Abhorsen, #1-3)
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events Pack (Books 1-4) (Series of Unfortunate Events, Books 1-4)
  • Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)
  • The Soldiers of Halla (Pendragon, #10)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-5)
  • The Song of the Lioness Quartet (Song of the Lioness, #1-4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 5
  • From Far Away, Vol. 13
  • The Revealing (W.I.T.C.H. Graphic Novels, #3)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A
More about Eoin Colfer...

Artemis Fowl (8 books)
  • Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2)
  • The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)
  • The Opal Deception  (Artemis Fowl, #4)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8)

“...Hardly. A ragged apron does not a waiter make.” 72 likes