Start by marking “Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)

Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl #1-5)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  7,680 ratings  ·  110 reviews
Complete 5-Book Boxed Set includes Artemis Fowl, The Arctic Incident, The Eternity Code, The Opal Deception, and The Lost Colony.
Paperback
Published January 1st 2007 by Scholastic Book Clubs (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5

Samuel Mayo
Eoin (pronounced like Ewan) Colfer has created a unique world that is funny, engaging, and inventive all at the same time. I first stumbled across Artemis Fowl at the New Zealand international airport while my brother and I awaited our flight that would take us back to the U.S. There were several books on the shelf and the premise sounded intriguing, but I already had plenty of things to read so I didn’t pick it up then. I forgot about the series until seeing it yet again at Borders a few weeks ...more
Hugo
This had me thinking if humans really are living up to their full potential. If these Fairies do exist, then comparing comparing us to them, we are just throwing stones at each other. I think their inventions are amazing, and how Eoin describes how they work could make a person believe these inventions could exists, like the iris cam, small electronics that you wear as contacts that can record film and sound, can change your views by zooming in and out, thermal imaging, night vision, and even x- ...more
Barb Scott
Take a boy genius, his trusty butler, and said boy genius's bent for coming up with plans to restore his family's fortune by stealing gold from fairies. This is the premise of the first book in the series, simply entitled Artemis Fowl.

The author combines folklore and fantasy, as well as a deft use of language, into a series that is easily readable and action-packed.

Other books in the series include:
#2 Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
#3 Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
#4 Artemis Fowl: The Opal D
Megan
I love these books, like really really love them. It's been such a long time since I read the first one that I'm going to have to re-read it, but amazing series. It's definitely in the sy-fy category, considering its about a 12 year old boy genius who discovers the world of fairies and goblins and dwarves and tons of other fantastical creatures. However, I do have to say that (in my opinion) the series gets a little far fetched toward the end. Like, book 5 and 6 were probably my least favorite, ...more
Rachel
A child genius who uses his skill for ill gain... an unusual character type. Interesting mix of fantasy and sci-fi/modern day. Humorous, although some of it was naughty, and the author has a quick, short-sentence style. Great character interaction and development.
Rebekah
I love the way the stories are told, and I love the way Artimis has such quirky and unique friends!
Krissa
This series was recommended to me by the owner of my used book store (I call it mine, because that is where I go). I was skeptical, come to find out, I had already purchased the first book at a used book sale for the library. Needless to say, I should have started the book much sooner. Fantastic! I think I read them all in 3 weeks. I love the characters! I am very excited for the next book to come out, I was unconvinced that #6 was the last. It wasn't ended like a series is supposed to be.
Very!
Katelyn
This is a really fun series. The main character, Artemis Fowl, is a twelve year old criminal mastermind. He has a bodyguard named Butler who reluctantly tags along during Artemis' schemes. In the first book Artemis learns about the existence of fairyfolk and manages to catch one of them. His relationship with the fairyfolk continues through the series. Through the books it is fun to see how Artemis' relationship with those around him change and how he starts to gain more of a conscience.
MizziQ
These are probably my favorite series of books to date. Adding to that this is one of my favorite authors. A kid genius. Fairies. Artemis deals with his genius and being the son of the leader of a prominent criminal empire. He also dabbles in crimes of his own. He almost makes too big a leap though when he is the first human, a kid of all people, to find the lep-recon unit and the whole fairie world, underground. The story continues in the other 4 books, And on!
Corinna
I LOVED this series. Fun, light hearted - a breath of fresh air from all the normal fantasy books that all sound the same. Introduced it to my son (I was hesitant to give him the...5th or 6th one -- can't remember which) who read them non stop. I had to push myself to keep ahead of him. This was one of the series that I enjoyed in audio format, with the different accents the reader used. Very entertaining and I was disappointed when I finished the last one.
Colleen
I love these books. I have always been a fan of villains, so to have a villain character as the protagonist of a fantasy adventure novel was basically a dream come true for me. Artemis is wonderfully snarky and well done, and I very much enjoy watching his progression (and regression, and second progression!) as the series continues. Also I had a blast cracking the faerie code and translating the secret messages inside the books. Very fun reads overall.
Madalyn
This book takes quite a bit of reading comprehension to understand and stay interested in- but even if your not the best reader, the exciting twists and turns are really interesting and suprising- you always wonder how artemis is going to pull it off again but he always does!Artemis Fowl The Time Paradox
Kevin
Great books! I thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. The books are creative, clever, fast paced, and humorous. The characters are unique and fun. They aren't my favorite books of all time but I would definitely like to own them and read them again. I highly suggest listening to these books on CD instead of reading because the reader is the best I have ever heard. He is similar to the Harry Potter reader but better.
Naomi
I enjoyed the whole series, each one leaves you wondering how Artemis and friends are going to manage to foil their enemies this time. I really like the characters and their interaction with each other. I think I chuckle more reading these books than most others.

Read so far:
*The five listed above plus
*Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox (Book 6)
*Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex (Book 7)
Katy
A great, fun read. I love watching Artemis grow up. He may act like an adult most of the time, but you can see the child in him occasionally. He's one of my favorite characters in any book I've ever read. Although he has some competition because Eoin Colfer doesn't spend all his character developement on just Artemis; his friends are just as wonderful.
Saralyn
I really enjoyed Artemis Fowl when I first read them and still like the twist that they are from the villian's view point, but I got part way through the last one recently and didn't really enjoy it that much. They are pretty fast-reads with lots of unbelievable adventure. I still think that they're worth reading at least a few of.
I borrowed this book series from my 8 year old cousin over Thanksgiving and winter break and was utterly transported. I never had any overriding desire to read them, but now that I have, I would recommned Artemis Fowl to anyone. They're exciting, clever, and funny and have some genuinely moving moments.
Allie
Jan 28, 2013 Allie marked it as to-read
I recently thought to re-read these, since the 8th and final book is about to be published in a few days. I lost track of the series after #4, so now I just have to wait for #5-7 to come through on my interlibrary loan. :)

The series is perhaps more Y than A, but still funny and entertaining.
Katrina
This is a fun series for tweens & older. It is about a boy who struggles in making good the good choices in life. If you like fairies, lepricons, dworfs etc. you will enjoy these books. I have not read the last book yet but if it is anything like the previous four books it will be fun also.
Shannon
I truly enjoyed this series. It had fantasy and technology which I think is somewhat unique. It had adventure, but since there was really no giant evil to fight or anything, it was lighter than some other recent books I've read. The setting, characters, and stories all make this a very fun read.
Raj
The Artemis Fowl series is my favourite by Eoin Colfer. Artemis is a child prodigy genius. His bodyguard butler is a brilliantly skilled man. The story is fast paced, mystery and action oriented and completely interesting. Spoiler: Includes magic and supernatural stuff.
Callie
I love these books! They are light hearted, intelligent, well written, and hilarious! The flow of the overall story is pure genius, and the characters are easy to love (even when one of them is a criminal mastermind). I would highly recommend them to readers of all ages.
Kimberly
I loved these books! Colfer took an overdone theme (fairies, magic, etc.) and created a unique story with great characters. I'm re-reading some of them to study just how he did it. The audio versions are great as well, highly entertaining with the different accents.
Trudi
These books are o.k. They are interesting and sort of fun to read. I just started them because I needed something to read. They're not the best and I don't feel like it's much of a page turner, but they're o.k. if you don't have anything else to read.
Sherry
This is an excellent collection of children's books following the character Artemis through his life of moral ups and downs and the friends who stood by him. Has some violence and frightening situations. Probably ok for any kid over the age of 8.

Meggiie
I admit that I'm OBSESSED with Artemis Fowl!!
A young criminal mastermind tricking fairies,
rescuing family, tricking another mastermind,
capturing demons, and time traveling!
I also admit that I have a huge CRUSH
on little Arty Fowl!!!
Michelleapowell
My husband and I enjoyed reading this. In fact Greg is still rereading all of the books. They are about a boy genus (sp?) (I apparently and not one). It was fairies and trolls, etc. Fun quick read for you and your kids.
Kayla-la
Mar 10, 2008 Kayla-la rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 7th - 9th grade
Shelves: series
I loved these books!
They're a great little adventure story and Artemis' intelect always kept it interesting!
The ending of The Lost Colony would have to be my favorite!
If you havn't read it then you should, it's cute!
Amandalynn
I have really enjoyed this series especially with the idea of wanting something that my boys can read. It is hard finding good wholesome books for young men and that would keep their attention but these would definitely do it.
Rachel
Some are better than others, but this is a good series about a boy who is very intelligent, but learn some humanity and humility by working with the world's underground denizen's of fairies, elfs and other fantastical creatures.
E.P.I.C. Quiz Group: EPIC Artemis Fowl Quiz 1 7 Oct 01, 2012 07:20PM
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set (Bartimaeus, #1-3)
  • The Travelers: Book Two (Pendragon: Before the War, #2)
  • The Ranger's Apprentice Collection Books 1-3 Box Set (The Ruins of Gorlan, The Burning Bridge, The Icebound Land)
  • Eragon & Eldest (Inheritance, #1-2)
  • The Travelers (Pendragon: Before the War, #1)
  • The Inkheart Trilogy: Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath (Inkworld, #1-3)
  • Septimus Heap Box Set: Magyk and Flyte (Septimus Heap, #1-2)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-5)
  • Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)
  • The Abhorsen Trilogy Box Set (Abhorsen, #1-3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 5
  • The Soldiers of Halla (Pendragon, #10)
  • Harry Potter Paperback Boxed Set, Books 1-5 (Harry Potter, #1-5)
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events Pack (Books 1-4) (Series of Unfortunate Events, Books 1-4)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 13
  • Maximum Ride Five-Book Set
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1 (Dragon Ball VIZBIG Edition, #1)
  • Alex Rider Boxed Set (Alex Rider, #1-5)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A
More about Eoin Colfer...
Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2) The Opal Deception  (Artemis Fowl, #4) The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3) The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)

“...Hardly. A ragged apron does not a waiter make.” 68 likes