Start by marking “Dying To Sell (Realtor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dying To Sell (Realtor, #1)

Dying To Sell (Realtor, #1)

Estate agent Kate Doyle knew divorce was messy, but she didn't expect it to be bloody. Kate agrees to sell the home of old friends who're locked in bitter wrangling, and manages to keep the peace long enough to get signatures on contracts. But celebration turns to horror when she finds the husband brutally murdered.
Published December 31st 2005 by Five Star (ME) (first published October 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dying To Sell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying To Sell

Colleen
Mar 04, 2008 Colleen rated it really liked it
Recommended to Colleen by: My Mom
This was a very easy book to read. I enjoyed it and read it very quickly in a couple of days. The local librarian referred to it as a "cozy" mystery.
Kelly
Jan 01, 2008 Kelly rated it really liked it
I picked up this book because I have been reading the knitting mysteries by the same author. I enjoyed this book and would like to read more with these characters if this series continues.
Lee Uptegraff
Jan 18, 2017 Lee Uptegraff rated it did not like it
Dying to Sell is a superficial mystery. The protagonist jumps from one suspect to another in her quest to prove her best friend's innocence. The characters are mere cut outs -even Sam the dog who, incidentally,saves the day at the end.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Readers, Allow me to introduce you to a new (for me,) character...Kate Doyle. Kate is a Divorcee, Mother of two daughters, who is now enjoying her freedom and second career as a Real Estate Broker.

Kate, to her sadness, is asked by close friends, who are now going through a painful divorce, to sell their Ft. Collin's, Co. home. When Kate goes by to pick up signed papers, allowing her to place the house on the market, she is terrified to find the husband murdered.

Knowing the Chief Detective, Kate
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This may be the only book in this series since the author seems to be focusing on a knitting cozy series. My husband is a real estate broker so I was interested to see how this book would compare to what I see him do on a daily basis.

Kate Doyle is a relatively new real estate agent (they call her a broker but that may be a Colorado term because it doesn't mean the same thing in Texas) after getting a divorce 3 years prior and needing a new career. One of her friends is getting a divorce (and it
Michele
Apr 05, 2012 Michele rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I have read Maggie Sefton's knitting series...love it. This is the first book in her real estate series...love this one, too. I got right into the characters and the story right off. She does a great job setting the scene and the theme and introducing characters right off without overwhelming the reader...no flipping back and forth to try and remember who is who or why they are at a certain location...can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Margaret
Jan 07, 2016 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the writing was good, not great, so was intrigued to have trouble putting this one down. Follow our coffee-fueled, self-starving realtor as she charges ahead against common sense and ignoring the signals that a man will interest her, that would be obvious to anyone who has read more than a romance or two.
Jovdb
Dec 19, 2015 Jovdb rated it liked it
A quick easy read.

Kate Doyle, a real estate agent, comes back to revisit a client only to find him dead; murdered, in fact.

She turns her hand to sleuthing when her friend, the soon to be ex-wife of the deceased, becomes the prime suspect.

Another dead body, a narrow escape and a little romance make up a typical Sefton novel.
Rosalee
Aug 12, 2012 Rosalee rated it really liked it
As with the knitting series, the characters are well-developed, the story line carries you along, and Sefton gets you hooked - you want to know who did it and when the mystery is solved, I at least wasn't expecting that person. Good read, I like the character of Kate and look forward to the next in this series!
Mascanlon
May 12, 2012 Mascanlon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
The first in a new series by Maggie Sefton, real estate agent Kate Doyle knew divorce could be messy but she didn't expect to find her client dead before the open house. A few twists and turns, real estate developers cheating and lying and Kate is wondering if a big commission will be enough to make all the trouble worthwhile.
Kay
Aug 19, 2016 Kay rated it liked it
Actually I quite enjoyed this book as something light and yet interesting was exactly what I needed. I liked Kate and she did not have a need for coffee as much as Kelly in Maggie Sefton's knitting series. A fun, quick read.
Mendy
Jan 17, 2009 Mendy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
It was an okay book. I can see why the author has not given us a 2nd installment. The chemistry between the characters was ho-hum. NOT a bad book, but not a great book either.
Cindi
Jan 26, 2012 Cindi rated it it was amazing
This is a good read, will read more from this author. If you love mysteries this is one to read.
Kathy Davie
Sep 20, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: realtors
Shelves: mystery
Not quite as cozy as her Knitting Mysteries series but still fun.
Mbstrongman
Sep 02, 2012 Mbstrongman rated it really liked it
Interesting plot - Not the best I've ever read but a good read to help escape the realness of your own life.
Tina
Aug 25, 2011 Tina rated it it was ok
I picked up this book because I'm reading the author's knitting series. It was a fun read but not extraordinary.
Puddlediving
Nov 13, 2014 Puddlediving rated it liked it
Dying to Sell was a decent fluff mystery. Amateur detective/ real estate agent solves the crime! There were several red herrings, multiple suspects were plausible. Enjoyable, quick read.
Shannon
Feb 09, 2008 Shannon rated it it was ok
It's like watching a made-for-TV mystery movie. Entertaining, but not a literary masterpiece (or even close). It was fun.
Meredith
Mar 03, 2009 Meredith rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book, but the ride was a little rough.
Diane Davis
Feb 20, 2012 Diane Davis rated it liked it
A good book. The only one of this venue that Maggie wrote... Now she is into knitting books which I love..
Nora-adrienne
Jun 30, 2012 Nora-adrienne rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozies
I enjoyed this book very much and am moving on to the next book in this series.
Amy
Jul 23, 2009 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery, 2009
A little too similar to her Knitting series, but still a fun mystery :)
Kim Veach
Jul 29, 2013 Kim Veach rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, cozy
Enjoyed this. I've enjoyed all of her knitting mysteries and this had many of the same enjoyable elements.
Marion
Mar 13, 2013 Marion rated it it was ok
A little long-winded. I got a bit bored.
Jeanette
Jan 10, 2012 Jeanette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Great mystery murder story with a nosy main character who helps solve the crime. Really enjoyed it.
I didn't guess who did it and that doesn't happen very often! Definitely worth a read.
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2008
Neely Altman
Neely Altman rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2012
Joan
Joan rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2010
Colleen
Colleen rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2009
Shauna
Shauna rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2008
  • Sins and Needles (A Needlecraft Mystery, #10)
  • Death Swatch (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #6)
  • Retirement Homes Are Murder
  • The Wedding Shawl (Seaside Knitters, #5)
  • Plagued By Quilt (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Silence of the Lamb's Wool (Yarn Retreat Mystery, #2)
  • Murder of a Sweet Old Lady (A Scumble River Mystery, #2)
  • Till Death Do Us Purl (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #4)
  • Died in the Wool (Knitting Mysteries, #1)
Aka Margaret Conlan

From author website:

"First, a little biographical information as introduction: Born in Richmond, VA, I grew up in Northern Virginia in Arlington, close to Washington, D.C. I attended university and received a Bachelor's degree in English Literature & Journalism, married, and started my family there. All four of my daughters are grown and established in careers of their own
More about Maggie Sefton...