Start by marking “Dying To Sell (Realtor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dying To Sell (Realtor, #1)

Dying To Sell (Realtor, #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Realtor Kate Doyle knew divorce was messy, but she didn't expect it to be bloody. Kate agrees to sell the home of old friends who're locked in bitter wrangling and manages to keep the peace long enough to get signatures on contracts. She congratulates herself on what will be an easy sale in this upscale Colorado college town. However, Kate's celebration turns to horror whe ...more
Published October 3rd 2005 by Five Star

To ask other readers questions about Dying To Sell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying To Sell

I picked up this book because I have been reading the knitting mysteries by the same author. I enjoyed this book and would like to read more with these characters if this series continues.
Mar 04, 2008 Colleen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Colleen by: My Mom
This was a very easy book to read. I enjoyed it and read it very quickly in a couple of days. The local librarian referred to it as a "cozy" mystery.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Readers, Allow me to introduce you to a new (for me,) character...Kate Doyle. Kate is a Divorcee, Mother of two daughters, who is now enjoying her freedom and second career as a Real Estate Broker.

Kate, to her sadness, is asked by close friends, who are now going through a painful divorce, to sell their Ft. Collin's, Co. home. When Kate goes by to pick up signed papers, allowing her to place the house on the market, she is terrified to find the husband murdered.

Knowing the Chief Detective, Kate
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This may be the only book in this series since the author seems to be focusing on a knitting cozy series. My husband is a real estate broker so I was interested to see how this book would compare to what I see him do on a daily basis.

Kate Doyle is a relatively new real estate agent (they call her a broker but that may be a Colorado term because it doesn't mean the same thing in Texas) after getting a divorce 3 years prior and needing a new career. One of her friends is getting a divorce (and it
Dying to Sell was a decent fluff mystery. Amateur detective/ real estate agent solves the crime! There were several red herrings, multiple suspects were plausible. Enjoyable, quick read.
I have read Maggie Sefton's knitting it. This is the first book in her real estate this one, too. I got right into the characters and the story right off. She does a great job setting the scene and the theme and introducing characters right off without overwhelming the flipping back and forth to try and remember who is who or why they are at a certain location...can't wait to read the rest of the series!
The first in a new series by Maggie Sefton, real estate agent Kate Doyle knew divorce could be messy but she didn't expect to find her client dead before the open house. A few twists and turns, real estate developers cheating and lying and Kate is wondering if a big commission will be enough to make all the trouble worthwhile.
As with the knitting series, the characters are well-developed, the story line carries you along, and Sefton gets you hooked - you want to know who did it and when the mystery is solved, I at least wasn't expecting that person. Good read, I like the character of Kate and look forward to the next in this series!
Great mystery murder story with a nosy main character who helps solve the crime. Really enjoyed it.
I didn't guess who did it and that doesn't happen very often! Definitely worth a read.
It was an okay book. I can see why the author has not given us a 2nd installment. The chemistry between the characters was ho-hum. NOT a bad book, but not a great book either.
It's like watching a made-for-TV mystery movie. Entertaining, but not a literary masterpiece (or even close). It was fun.
I picked up this book because I'm reading the author's knitting series. It was a fun read but not extraordinary.
Enjoyed this. I've enjoyed all of her knitting mysteries and this had many of the same enjoyable elements.
Interesting plot - Not the best I've ever read but a good read to help escape the realness of your own life.
Diane Davis
A good book. The only one of this venue that Maggie wrote... Now she is into knitting books which I love..
Maggie Sefton writes cozy mysteries set in Colorado. Her latest series begins with Dying to Sell.
This is a good read, will read more from this author. If you love mysteries this is one to read.
I enjoyed this book very much and am moving on to the next book in this series.
A little too similar to her Knitting series, but still a fun mystery :)
Kathy Davie
Sep 20, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: realtors
Shelves: mystery
Not quite as cozy as her Knitting Mysteries series but still fun.
So far this book is pretty good however I prefer her Knitting series.
This was a very good book, but the ride was a little rough.
A little long-winded. I got a bit bored.
Deb Saunders
Deb Saunders marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Kathy marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Johanna Pipkin
Johanna Pipkin marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Sheila Tyler-Thompson
Sheila Tyler-Thompson marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Misty marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Vicki marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Gloria Brzny
Gloria Brzny marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
  • Sins and Needles (A Needlecraft Mystery, #10)
  • The Wedding Shawl (Seaside Knitters, #5)
  • Silence of the Lamb's Wool (Yarn Retreat, #2)
  • Death Swatch (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #6)
  • Retirement Homes Are Murder
  • Till Death Do Us Purl (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #4)
  • Murder of a Sweet Old Lady (A Scumble River Mystery, #2)
  • Died in the Wool (Knitting Mysteries, #1)
Aka Margaret Conlan

From author website:

"First, a little biographical information as introduction: Born in Richmond, VA, I grew up in Northern Virginia in Arlington, close to Washington, D.C. I attended university and received a Bachelor's degree in English Literature & Journalism, married, and started my family there. All four of my daughters are grown and established in careers of their own
More about Maggie Sefton...