Start by marking “The Christmas Tree Guy” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Tree Guy

The Christmas Tree Guy

Sydnee Garrett has a lot on her to-do list. Wrangle her young and rambunctious twin boys. Check. Get her life back in order since her husband decided to leave her for a much younger woman. Check. And buy a Christmas tree. Check. What she wasn’t expecting was adding one more thing to her list. A young, sexy personal trainer. Check.

Quinn Masters is a man who knows what he w
Published November 4th 2014 by 5 Prince Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Tree Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Tree Guy

velvetgypsy
Reading this book was painful....excruciating! Why do I do this to myself, again and again and again??
Monica **can't read fast enough**
THE CHRISTMAS TREE GUY by Railyn Stone features a heroine that made me want to shake my head. Sydnee is in her thirties, divorced, and the mother of twin boys. She is also a woman with little confidence. I found myself often wanting Sydnee to be more secure in herself and realize that she is more empowered than she thinks. She does have the help and support of family and friends, but she also puts a lot of importance on their opinions. Sydnee is definitely one of those characters who needed to ...more
KBeautiful1
Jan 03, 2015 KBeautiful1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about pulling at your heart strings!!!!!!!

This story was so emotionally riveting, it breaks your heart and then it comes back together bigger and full of unconditional love. Sydnee Garrett single mom of twins and divorced, raising her two five year old twins with the help of friends and her former in-laws. Quinn Masters single man, trainer who wants to work in the NFL meets Sydnee one evening at his uncle's Christmas lot while she went shopping for a tree. One chance moment, following her h
Maria Catanese
Dec 12, 2014 Maria Catanese rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Entire Book I Wished Sydney would die

What a useless weak willed spineless heroine. Quinn should have never delivered that Christmas tree. Sydney had no backbone was unsupportive of Quinn and simply I hated her.it took me two weeks to read this book because that's how much I hated her. Poor Quinn even though the book is over he is tied to that wet noodle forever.
Kim
Dec 18, 2014 Kim rated it liked it
When I first started reading The Christmas Tree Guy, I really loved the holiday theme and I was hoping it would carry through the entire novel. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Only the first few chapters take place around the holidays and then the rest of the novel takes us through a year of Sydnee and Quinn's on-again, off-again relationship. At least the holiday aspect returns towards the end of the novel.

So what's the novel about? Sydney and her twin boys, Travis and Charlie, are at a Christmas t
Kristina
Jan 04, 2016 Kristina rated it really liked it
You may think this is a sweet holiday romance by the title, but it is so much more. Being raised by a single mother, this book really hit home. As an adult, I can better understand the struggle of a woman wanting to do what is best for her kids while still trying to find her own fulfillment. Throw in the conflict of family and friends over an interracial relationship and a jerk ex-husband and you have a novel that entertains all year round. Well done, Miss Stone
Sharonda _Isadora
Dec 28, 2014 Sharonda _Isadora rated it liked it
I liked the story, but I swear on crackers and cheese! it was too much back and forth with old girl feelings. I mean I got her reservations about dating a younger dude and he is white and she has kids and what will my family & friends think, my gawd! she worked my nerves some.

I'll edit this review, but this is how I feel right now...lols.
Spunky N Sassy
SNS Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~Dee's Review~~~~~~~~~~

The story of Sydnee & Quinn was a very gripping story of one woman's struggle to stand up for herself, take a hold of her own life and to find the courage to face her worst fear, taking a chance on love. From the beginning, Sydnee faced two huge issues: an interracial relationship and an older woman with a younger man. She finally gives into the strong attraction and while it's private and hidden, there is great joy and love flourishes. But too
Book Reading Gals
Dec 10, 2014 Book Reading Gals rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Thoughts: The Christmas Tree Guy was interesting on a number of different levels. If you're looking for nothing more than a simple, easy, light-hearted, holiday read, this isn't quite what you are looking for. That's not to say it was not an enjoyable read...I enjoyed the characters and the story - but it is far from light hearted. In fact, it takes on quite a bit of a serious element for the holiday season - but it is something that is dealt with everyday in our society - interracial ...more
Lindy Lu Reviews
Nov 19, 2015 Lindy Lu Reviews rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy for an honest review.

Sydnee was a divorced single mom of two twin boys, she had a lot on her plate and she was definitely a busy women. Picking out a Christmas Tree shouldn't be too hard but when they got their tree she ended up with something she didn't bargain for but she didn't want to give back.

I enjoyed reading this sweet story. The author brought forward a touchy subject that really shouldn't be a problem. Interracial dating! It doesn't matter if your pink, red, black
Rebecca Austin
Aug 16, 2015 Rebecca Austin rated it really liked it
Sydnee Garrett is a single mom of twin 5 year old boys, Travis and Charlie. She is devoted completely to her boys after her ex-husband leaving her for another woman 2 years ago and not being in the boys lives now. Little does she know how much shopping for a Christmas Tree will change her life.

Quinn Masters is helping his uncle out on his tree farm when he meets Sydnee and is instantly attracted to her. He helps her bring the tree to her house when he discovers there is no husband to help her ou
Autumn
Jun 30, 2016 Autumn rated it liked it
This book made me so frustrated. I understand the hesitation of going into a new relationship after a messy divorce and especially having children, but I feel that Sydnee could've fought for her relationship with Quinn so much harder than she did. I also understand that age difference and racial differences play a big role in relationships, but it felt that Sydnee wore that on her shoulder, and was ready to accuse Quinn of one or the other every time something threatened their relationship.
Other
SiKReviews
Sep 29, 2015 SiKReviews rated it really liked it
You never know who you are going to meet when you go out. The guy at the Christmas Tree lot might not just be the Christmas Tree Guy either. Quinn is a personal trainer with a well off family doing a favor for an Uncle. He never thought that he would see a tree to the most beautiful woman he has ever seen.

Sydnee is a divorces mom of 5 year old twin boys. Their father basically abandoned them for someone younger. She just never thought of getting together with a younger man, but for some reason f
Le Ann Foster
Apr 01, 2015 Le Ann Foster rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Book Fancy Blog

I gave this book 4 stars

This was a really good story. You will laugh, cry and smile. This book pulled at my heart...from people not excepting of a interracial relationship to her friends not except that he was good to her and her twins.

Sydney is a divorced, single mom of twin boys. She is doing everything she can to make a strong loving home for the boys. She meets Quinn at his family Christmas tree lot.

Quinn is a personal trainer who takes doesn't take NO for an answe
Mia Yvette
Nov 12, 2014 Mia Yvette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this Hot Holiday story...Sydnee is the divorced mother of 5 year old twin boys. They go to the Christmas Tree lot to purchase a tree, Quinn works there and the two are instantly attracted to each other. He insists on following her home with the insistence of her boys to set up the tree. Quinn would like to get to know her better, but she resists because Quinn is 8 yrs her junior and white, but the attraction is still there. This book was a nice sexy read, which included some ...more
Connie
Wow! Absolutely loved it! Sydnee Garrett is so hung up on what other people think about how she lives her life, that she is about to decimate a great relationship with a really hot, hard-working, and deep-loving guy! So what if he's 8 years younger than Sydnee? So what if he's really, really, really light-skinned (white)? Quinn treats Sydnee and her 5 year old twin boys with the utmost respect. He's also faithful, reliable and loads of fun. The total opposite of her lying, cheating ex-husband, ...more
Trina
Jan 03, 2015 Trina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this book. So many things going on but well done. It started out with age, race a jerk ex-husband and lastly a metaling no life of her own mother. It seems like a lot but that was the beauty of this book. The author was patient and well detailed. I can't find any other books on this author. If this was the first WOW good job. Can't wait for the next one. Also Team Quinn!
Patricia Blevins
Jun 05, 2015 Patricia Blevins rated it really liked it
ARC FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

This was about a single mother with two small children. Who finds herself wanting to get involved with a younger man. Who happens to work at a Christmas Tree place and is a personal trainer.
Nancy  L Thompson
Nov 24, 2014 Nancy L Thompson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book

My only true complaint is why did you (Railyn) make Sydney so look whiney? And so insecure? I understand having some after all she has been through. But you made her almost pathetic. I was tempted to stop reading because of it.
Reading in Black & White
Nov 27, 2015 Reading in Black & White rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining book that had many layers which would make it fun to read anytime of the year. Full review to come!
Erika
Dec 20, 2014 Erika rated it really liked it
It was a good story but man it was hard to deal with Sydnee and her insecurities for 336 pages. I was so glad when she decided to do what was best for her.
Camylle
Dec 02, 2014 Camylle rated it really liked it
Shelves: naughty-bits, bwwm
Such a cute story! A woman who is raising twin boys on her own! meets a man while picking up her Christmas tree! This was a great story of self-discovery and unconditional love.
Camylle
Dec 15, 2014 Camylle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute story! 3.5 stars because for me the Sydney was a little annoying.
Julie
Jan 14, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Although the title sounds like this is a holiday romance, it doesn’t have much to do with the holiday beyond the lead characters’ initial meeting. It is a whirlwind romance for any time of the year.

Sydnee Garrett divorced mom of twins is raising her five-year-old twins with the help of friends and the boys’ paternal grandparents. Quinn Masters is 26 and single. He’s a personal trainer who wants to work
Lara Cassity-Lovell
Love conquers all.....

With this book Railyn writes a beautiful love story!! One with a rough journey but with the most simplest of messages....,with love, nothing is impossible!! I love that she chooses age and race as Quinn and Sydnee's "stress factors"..because they are so relevant I today's society. I say BRAVO Railyn for writing such a POWERFUL and beautiful love story!! All I can say is.... there's,just GOT to be a sequel to this book!!! This story is a must read!!!
Reshemah
Reshemah rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
velvetgypsy
velvetgypsy rated it did not like it
Dec 06, 2014
Kimberly Strickland
Kimberly Strickland rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Tracey
Tracey rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Diamondmind
Diamondmind rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2015
  • Sweet Ultimatum
  • Taking Chances (Sharing Space, #4)
  • Wildly Inappropriate (Devilish De Marco Men, #2)
  • Casualties of Love
  • Natural Beauty
  • Crossroads  (Full Circle, #2)
  • The Fifth Day
  • Oh, Naughty Night!
  • Priceless (Urban Fairytales)
  • Forgive Me Father for I Have Loved
  • Bombshell
  • Flaming Hearts (Beyond Reality, #2)
  • The Calum
  • J-Pop Love Song
  • Santa Baby, I Want A Bad Boy For Christmas
  • The Dragon (G.O.N.Y. - Double Dragon #2)
  • An Arrangement of Love (Chasing Love, #1)
  • When Love Happens (Ribbon Ridge, #3)
Railyn Stone, author of The Christmas Tree Guy and A Secret to Keep, lives in North Carolina with her husband. When she's not behind the screen of her laptop, she's usually enjoying time with her family. The only child of two educators, she learned early on just how magical words can be.
More about Railyn Stone...