Start by marking “Games” as Want to Read:
Games

Games

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Three teenage girls spending a weekend in an isolated country house probe the secrets of its past and trigger a series of bizarre events, which may be caused by a mischievous boyfriend or supernatural forces.
Published June 1st 1989 by Puffin Books (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Games

Joybell
What happens when three teenage girls are alone in a 100 year old house, with a dark past?

I first read this book when I was maybe 9 or 10 years old, and had stolen it from my older sister. And boy, did it scare the pants off me! Robin Klein really does have an amazing talent for descriptive writing, which captivates the audience.

It's a book that I pull out every two years or so, and each time I do the familiar chills run up my spine, even though I know what the conclusion is. That this book can
Tara Calaby
'Patricia swallowed nervously. She didn't much like going up there alone, not knowing where any of the light-switches were, but it would be out of the question to bolt back into the living-room and ask Kirsty or Genevieve to come with her. There was this other image she was trying to create before their eyes, of a different Patricia Miggs, cool and sophisticated, who didn't need permission to go away for weekends with her schoolfriends. That image would be devastated if she went babyishly back i ...more
Stephanie
When I was younger, I worked my way through most of my school library’s collection of Robin Klein books. Needless to say, when I saw this one on the shelves at my in-laws’, one of a number of books that had clearly been required reading for my fiance when he was at school, I couldn’t help but smuggle it home with me.

Though published back in the olden days, a year or so after I was born, the brilliance and relevance of Games endures, and I found myself marvelling at Klein’s subtle skill as an aut
Siobhan
I remember reading this as a child/early teen. Yeah. I call this story, "Teenage girls can be horrible nasties, but there's always some dude locked in the closet waiting for you! YAY!"

No, but on the idea of a thriller and the teenage joy of the ouija board at parties in abandoned houses (I really need to have some more of those, by the way!), I thought this was a fun book. You know, as a teenager who had been bullied as a child by other girls I felt a connection with the main character, save the
Michelle
Mar 04, 2015 Michelle marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ref-booktalker
Listed as Q4 = Exceptional!, P4 = A book everyone wants to read
Nicola Barton
I remember reading this in primary school and loving it. Recently found it again and, though as an adult it lost some of its sheen, I still enjoyed being transported back to my Aussie childhood!
Shell
Games is one of those books that you never forget. I read this when I was about 10 or 11 and just looking at the cover brings back the spooky feeling I had reading it all those years ago.
Emma Louise
Don't remember much but I remember I enjoyed its eerie intensity! Read this when I was about 10 or 11.
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Tania
Tania added it
Jan 24, 2015
Hush
Hush marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Jess
Jess added it
Sep 25, 2014
Alicia
Alicia is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2014
Sarah added it
Apr 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
205124
Winner of the Dromkeen Medal (1991).
More about Robin Klein...
Hating Alison Ashley People Might Hear You Came Back To Show You I Could Fly The Listmaker Penny Pollard's Diary