Saving Planet Earth

Saving Planet Earth

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The time is now . . .

There is no longer any question that our planet is in danger—or that human actions have been a primary cause. But how well do we, as individuals, understand both the far-reaching consequences of our actions and the varied threats that have led us to the brink?

This book is a wake-up call for every citizen of planet Earth: Now is the time to take action....more
Published November 13th 2007 by Harper (first published June 4th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Planet Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Planet Earth

Clare O'Beara
This is a well-presented colourful book with excellent pictures and statistics, interesting and strong in its message.

The reason I am not giving more stars is because the book seems a little vague - we get figures relating to 'a country in South America' or 'some Asian countries' when I felt the authors and producers should be braver and tell us what is happening where. This is in relation to illegal logging and so forth.

I thought the science and rest of the material was aimed at a mid-teens a...more
Pete daPixie
Apparently this book is based on a BBC TV series of the same name. I miss much on TV, or maybe I don't. The author is Tony Juniper who is a director of Friends of the Earth.
The book is relentless, like a machine gun, it rattles out facts and stats that firstly show how our tiny planet is a floating miracle in space, then to present the many and frightening ways the human population is sawing away at the branch of the tree we all sit upon. We explore the biosphere and earth's biodiversity on land...more
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
John Dougan
John Dougan marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Ann-Kristin
Ann-Kristin marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Alice Graham
Alice Graham marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Mjbajar
Mjbajar marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Mary Mansfield
Mary Mansfield marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Julia
Julia added it
Sep 14, 2013
Ocean
Ocean added it
Aug 10, 2013
Angela Rudd
Angela Rudd marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Heaven Jenkins
Heaven Jenkins marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Grtg
Grtg marked it as to-read
May 31, 2013
Karen Navarro
Karen Navarro marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Julia Mitchell
Julia Mitchell marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Hifzan
Hifzan marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Gavin
Gavin added it
Feb 09, 2013
Magdy Shonoda
Magdy Shonoda marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2012
What Has Nature Ever Done for Us?: How Money Really Does Grow on Trees Spix's Macaw: The Race to Save the World's Rarest Bird How Many Lightbulbs Does It Take to Change a Planet? Parrots: A Guide to Parrots of the World Our Earth - Threatened Planet: with save our earth foldout