Start by marking “The Blue Box” as Want to Read:

Read Book

The Blue Box

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  10 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Librarian note: alternate cover edition for ASIN - B00NRXLAWE
Published October 26th 2014 by Createspace (first published September 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Blue Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blue Box

Kelly Smith Reviews
The Blue Box is...something else. I can't truly describe how I felt as I found myself immersed in this fantasy world in Germany, where danger lurks around every corner and what you see isn't always what you get. Where dreams that are lost have a way if coming back to haunt you.
I didn't know if I was reading a book similar to Tolstoy, Poe or Dostoyevsky. This was so similar in style to all the if those writers, but it has its own life, its own style and its own message, though what that message i
Marie Fitzpatrick
Nov 05, 2014 Marie Fitzpatrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love beautiful prose and when it's attached to a good novel read it just makes me happy, I go into smiling mode, it's great, I love it.

For it's word choice that drives the sentence to build the paragraph, it's word choice pins same chapter and drives the story.

Good word choice drips the image down the page and finely tuned verbs harmonize to their melody to paint the scenes, so that slowly the space between the heartbeat opens and you step in and you meet the three dimensional character that
Alex Harvey
Nov 04, 2014 Alex Harvey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow to get going but worth sticking with it. This story takes you on a crazy trip of surreal images and emotional turmoil, made all the more intense as it happens over just a few days. There were moments where I felt almost claustrophobic and others where the sense of dread was palpable. The imagery was so well depicted it would make a great film.
Tina White
Sep 27, 2014 Tina White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly original story, incredibly well written. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Jurgen Olschewski creates characters and the worlds they live in with striking images and writes with a very fine touch. Highly recommended.
Daniel Gothard
Sep 28, 2014 Daniel Gothard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel is so full of ideas and images that will stay with any reader for a long, long time. There is a magic in the narrative drive; a story which compels the reader to simply sit and be enchanted by the poetic characterisations created by the author. A brilliant book.
Kah Juay Lee
Kah Juay Lee rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Gary Pereira
Gary Pereira rated it did not like it
Oct 21, 2016
Ronnie
Ronnie rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Natalie Alvarez
Natalie Alvarez rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Beverley Jones
Beverley Jones marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Bl Pride
Bl Pride marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Andy Bedingfield
Andy Bedingfield marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jennifer Hinsman
Jennifer Hinsman marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Natalie Alvarez
Natalie Alvarez marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Denise Molokai
Denise Molokai marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Connie Anderson
Connie Anderson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Hadel Ma'ayeh
Hadel Ma'ayeh marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Angela Dossett
Angela Dossett marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Mandyn
Mandyn marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Montzalee Wittmann
Montzalee Wittmann marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Angela Newby
Angela Newby marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Donna Maguire
Donna Maguire marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016