Start by marking “Fear Is No Longer My Reality: How I Overcame Panic and Social Anxiety Disorder -- And You Can Too” as Want to Read:

One of the finalists of ABC-TV's show The Bachelorette reveals the depth of his struggle with social anxiety disorder, offering advice on the latest behavior therapies, as well as reviews of medications and advice from experts on how to manage the ailment. 50,000 first printing.
Published May 6th 2005 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published December 14th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fear Is No Longer My Reality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear Is No Longer My Reality

Jonathan
Feb 06, 2008 Jonathan rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book if you have even some fear of dealing with people. I've learned alot and has really helped me realize anything can be overcome with persistence. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to getting out there, speaking and interacting with people. I plan on reading this again.
Natalie
Oct 04, 2012 Natalie rated it liked it
Jamie Blythe, a class clown and basketball player during high school, experienced a life-changing panic attack during his sophomore year in college. This experience traumatized him, practically confining him to his dorm room throughout his college years. Yet, he overcame his disorder and went on to be on the first Bachelorette reality tv show.

I read this book because a year ago, I also experience a panic attack. I could relate to the feelings and experiences he shared, though his experience was
May 26, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
This book does an excellent job of putting a dent in some of the stereotypes that surround social anxiety disorder. As Jamie shows, it's far more complicated than just changing our thoughts and pushing through our fears.

Though tthe extent of his disorder seemed relatively mild, compared to my own, I can relate so much to Jamie's experiences: Feeling like you've gotten so far only to fall down and start all over again. An iffinity for the spotlight, despite the fear. And the ability to take his
Jan 16, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
Although it is not the most articulately written book, I am glad that I read it. Jamie's story is a source of courage and inspiration to those who are suffering from social anxiety and panic disorder.
Marie
Sep 04, 2014 Marie rated it it was ok
It started off good but kind of lost its appeal for me. I enjoyed the little tidbits about anxiety by Drs. 2 1/2 stars
Aimée-marie Leboux
Aimée-marie Leboux rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2013
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Karla
Karla rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2010
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Juwin
Juwin rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2014
Miranda
Miranda rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Blissful Acts
Blissful Acts rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2011
Joel
Joel rated it really liked it
May 21, 2008
Leanne
Leanne rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2010
Marianne Lau
Marianne Lau rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2011
carrie dyson
carrie dyson rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Pumpkin-muffin Yummybunni
Pumpkin-muffin Yummybunni rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2014
maven
maven rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2011
Rahul
Rahul rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2011
Sarah Lahoud
Sarah Lahoud marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2012
Nenegonzalez
Nenegonzalez marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2012
Nor Finn
Nor Finn marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2012
Lost Paradise
Lost Paradise marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Eric Palmer
Eric Palmer marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Yasaman
Yasaman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Yuhsin Huang
Yuhsin Huang marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Jerry
Jerry added it
Jun 15, 2014
Ana Paula
Ana Paula marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Tara
Tara added it
Feb 20, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2016