Blank-133x176
REAL FAST PUDDINGS

Nigel Slater

REAL FAST PUDDINGS

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This is an inspiring collection of quick and delicious puddings made with simple and fresh ingredients from Nigel Slater, the master of the easily prepared dish. In four sections - Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring - he offers ideas for a wide range of mouth-watering and irresistible desserts all of which can be prepared in under half an hour.
Published October 18th 1993 by Michael Joseph Ltd (first published March 11th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about REAL FAST PUDDINGS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about REAL FAST PUDDINGS

Rebecca
I didn't like this as much as Real Fast Food. Nigel said he wrote it because he'd got letters saying they felt he'd temped them back to the kitchen but deserted them when it came to desserts (pun intended)... Well I don't really feel much better after reading this! It felt to me like there was a lot of filling, mostly variations on (1) fruit with cream, (2) fruit with cheese, (3) fruit with alcohol and (4) fruit salad. Dotted within this are occasional useful basic recipes like fool, crumble, br...more
Bittersweet
fabulous for quick ideas; i love his lists of food combinations and simple dishes to throw together. Nothing complicated, all good.

I use the pancake recipe (with 2 eggs, not 3) for breakfast every weekend.
Lili
Some good quick recipes mouth wateringly good, especially great to rustle up in a few minutes. The author also tempts us with some unusual combinations.
Clare
I was disappointed in this book because it's mostly about fruit (I don't like fruit). I don't use it as much as I thought I would.
Kathrine
Lots of good ideas and useful fruit info
Dudlian
Dudlian marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Aaron
Aaron added it
May 13, 2014
pommito
pommito marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Rianna Rowsell
Rianna Rowsell marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Jo
Jo added it
Feb 08, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Alex Workman
Alex Workman marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Russell Davis
Russell Davis marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Nigel Slater is a British food writer, journalist and broadcaster. He has written a column for The Observer Magazine for seventeen years and is the principal writer for the Observer Food Monthly supplement. Prior to this, Slater was food writer for Marie Claire for five years. He also serves as art director for his books.

Although best known for uncomplicated, comfort food recipes presented in earl...more
More about Nigel Slater...
Toast Appetite The Kitchen Diaries: A Year in the Kitchen with Nigel Slater Tender: Volume I: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch Real Fast Food