Start by marking “The Little Big Book of America” as Want to Read:
The Little Big Book of America

The Little Big Book of America

This celebration of America recalls the highlights that define this country, and offers insight into what it means to be an American. Charming, accessible, and comprehensive, this jam-packed anthology takes you on a guided tour through the history of our great nation. Its elements include:
18 short stories and literary excerpts from the fictional works of Harper Lee, Ernes
Published September 1st 2002 by Welcome Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Big Book of America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Big Book of America

Betty Strohecker
This is a wonderful way to catch a quick glimpse of American history told through poems, essays, letters, speeches, excerpts from literature, and recipes, yes recipes! Beginning with Powhatan's speech to Captain John Smith in 1609, America's story is told chronologically, touching on major historical events and influences, up to Rudy Giuliani's address to the people following the attack on our country September 11, 2001. Important facts from all sections of our country are nestled in among other ...more
Aug 16, 2010 Brenda rated it liked it
I liked most of this book, mostly facts and writings on America, history and recipes. I HATED one poem by Maya Angelou, usually like her stuff but this poem was Supremely negative on America. Also felt like it was a bit slanted. But over all, I liked it.
Apr 09, 2007 Babs rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people with children
it's kind of a fun way to expose kids to American History without overwhelming them with any one style or point of view. Just enough stuff that if it makes them curious, all the better.
Lily rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2012
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2009
Bryan rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2011
Samonia Byford
Samonia Byford rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2007
Kristen rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2012
Andrea rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2015
Karen Richards
Karen Richards rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Michele rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Kyuzo rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Andrew rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2008
Kellie rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015