Start by marking “Circles in the Stream (Avalon: Web of Magic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Circles in the Stream (Avalon: Web of Magic, #1)

Circles in the Stream (Avalon: Web of Magic #1)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  1,944 ratings  ·  157 reviews
Published March 18th 2008 by Seven Seas (first published July 1st 2001)

Aurora
Avalon Web of Magic is a great book series. I remember reading the very first edition of the book Circles in The Stream but the cover art was so . . . strange looking I was embarrassed to read the book in public. When the new copy was released at my school book fair, I bought it. All through the years, this book series has really grown on me because they're so awesome! :)

Mini Summary:

Emily has just moved with her single mom from Colorado to Stonehill, Pennsylvania. There, she meets a strange g
Angela
I loved this series when I was 11 or so. The series went on hiatus for a few years while it changed publishers and all the books were rereleased one by one - have you seen the old covers? *shudder* - so it's been many years since I've even thought about the books. However, now that the last two books have been published for the first time under the new company, I've decided to read the books again so that I can finally see how the series ends! (Thus completing my childhood. Yesss.)

Avalon: Web of
Avaminn F'nett
10/10

I first read this wonderful book 5 years ago, and it is still my absolute favorite series ever! This is a very fun and entertaining fantasy series, and after only reading this book I got pretty obsessed with it. A great thing about this book is that it is one of those that is really great for all ages. Young children will like it, teenagers will like it, and adults will like it. I made my dad read these books, he hates reading and even he liked these! I can't wait until the movie comes out
Jessica
My daughter is really into animals and fantastical creatures. I honestly bought the first 3 books in the series purely for the cover art. It is gorgeous. In this particular case, you CAN judge a book by it's cover. My daughter loved them so much that she insisted I read them too. I would have to say so far I have enjoyed these books just as much as she has. I recommend them to anyone with a daughter that loves a good book. 12 books in the series.
Kyra
This is a five star for me not because it's the most fantastical piece of literature I've ever read but because back-in-the-day this was one of my favourite series. I could barely contain myself in between books.

I never finished the series because of the long hiatus and my interest kind of wandered away. BUT, it still holds a very speculz place in ma <3
Sharly
i loved this book the girls are awesome together i love the cover i bought this book but when we moved i think i lost it so looked at my library and they had it so i read it i loved it <3 you have to read it the first one it great that the one I'm reading no spoilers please!! <3
Caitlin
Apr 21, 2008 Caitlin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves magic.
Recommended to Caitlin by: Mom
Book Description
Three very different young teens, Emily, the shy one, Adriane, the outsider, and Kara, the power shopper, are all drawn to a secret place deep in the woods where they discover a portal to another world. Wondrous animals have emerged from the portal, desperately seeking the magic that will keep them alive. Though the animals are peaceful and good, what follows them through the portal is twisted and evil and bent on destroying them all.

The Fairimentals have chosen these three fourt
Truly
Kadang sesuatu yang sepertinya tidak melakukan apa-apa bisa memiliki dampak besar

Semula,
Emely Flecher, anak baru di Stonehill dengan rambut pirang dan mata coklat. Ibunya adalah dokter hewan yang baru bercerai dan melihat lowongan di Stonehill. Emely sangat mencintai hewan.

Adriane Charday, cucu Nakoda, sang penjaga Suaka Ravenswood. Kedua orang tuanya adalah artis yang sering bepergian ke luar kota. Adriane memiliki kulit berwarna cokelat dengan rambut hitam panjang serta mata hitam. Adriane ce
Darlene Taganna
This book made me think about reading more Fariy Tales.But this isn't a ordinary Fariy Tale its one of those book when you don't or don't know what to decide to know that person.And furthermore this book is about a main girl name Emily which has moved in a town.She works with her mom and found herself in a zone of magical cat.And in the part of taking care of the cat she met a girl named Adriane she's a ousider which lives in the Avalon woods, and discover Emily while she went in a peek in the w ...more
Brenna
Emily ever sense she was a kid never belived in magic. But all that changed when she met a strange girl named Adriane, a talking ferret, and a wolf that can turn into mist. What was going on?
Then she dicovered a forest filled with strange animals like those everywhere. She then found out the forest was going to be chopped down because the government didn't know of the magical creatures.
I liked Avalon by Rachel Roberts because of all the magic and twists in this suspenseful book. This book is g
Elsa
When I was in the fifth or sixth grade, I remember reading this book. I picked it up in my schools book fair and really liked the cover. I also thought it had a lot of potential. When I read it, I remember liking it, but that is all. It isn't the most memorable book. I reread it recently just to refresh my memory (I read it in about three hours total) and I think it is a good story line, just not for people over the age of about eleven.

In all, it's a good book and I enjoyed it but it is definit
Jen
The Avalon: Web of Magic series is an old favorite of mine, and I recently went back and re-read the first book. At this point, I'm well outside the target age group (probably along with everyone else who's followed the series start to finish, given all the publishing switches), but these books are still fun, light reads. They can seem a bit too sugary sweet (ie. LOTS of glitter, rainbows, and unicorns) at times. However, the characters (human, animal, and otherwise) are definitely fun, and the ...more
Kay Caires
01-21
I love Emily already, she has the life I've always imagined my own kids living: surrounded by animals everywhere you turn. She is very caring of them, especially the margay/ocelot type thing (Well, I'll let you know when I find out what it is and what attacked it).
01-22
Less than 24 hours and I have finished the book. I love Ariel, the snowy owl that bonded with Emily. Storm is pretty cool too, and Ozzie even though technically he's not an animal is awesome.
Loralei Lihanna
This was my first ever series that i read and kept. I have all 12 or 13. I have a rather large 'library' now and i love just looking at my lovely Avalon books. It was so amazing. Sadly book 4 got ruined by my little brother so now I'm looking for a new one. I just can't bring myself to throw the ruined one away though. This is such a heart warming, true friendship, and fantasy series. It is just so good, I would get called out in class and get in trouble for reading this.
Dyah
Reading this book is like eating ice cream. It's light yet delightful. It's tasty whenever and wherever you enjoy it. Before you realize it, you already finish it, and you're craving for more ^^~

I personally love the illustrations in the book; they are adorable. This fantasy-adventure book is probably more fitting for girls rather than boys because the main characters are girls.
Morgan
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Even though it is a children's book I think any one would find it at least somewhat entertaining. One of the main reasons I gave it a fairly good rating was the fact that I found it to be a bit funny. some of the things Roberts' adds to his story are definitely humor. Another great thing about this book is that it is a fairly quick read. If you wanted to recommend it to a younger child that would be good because its not to advanced. This is my third time reading t ...more
Brooke
This is my favorite book series, hands down. The covers are beyond gorgeous, and the stories are every bit as amazing. <3
Kenzie
Apr 15, 2011 Kenzie is currently reading it
it is a good book so far
Angela Rabbit
Personal opinion: Avalon was one of my favorite series in middle school! So, since I had all the books in the series sitting on my shelf I thought why not read it again since it's been so long? And when I was in middle school I was kind of obsessed with only 'romantic' books. Like if there was so romance I would just skip pages TONS of pages until I found some. So, I feel really ashamed because I completely skipped books in this serious and I was like (X___X) why did I do that when it's such a g ...more
Aeslis
This book would be appropriate for 9-12 year olds.

I'm wondering if most of the reviews of this book are based on nostalgia. If I had read it when I was a child, would I have liked it better? As it is, I wasn't particularly impressed. The three main girls are all very standard, and the magic seemed completely haphazard. Girl 1 and Girl 2 have special stones that let them do stuff, essentially. They don't know how to use them very well, but whatever they seem to need, the stones will do, after a l
Big Book Little Book
Alison for www.bigbooklittlebook.com
Provided by publicist in exchange for an honest review

I was quite excited to read this book as it was the first review book that I have read with my daughter Willow. She is seven years old and really loves books but struggles with reading herself. This means that the books that we share together have become all the more special, I want her to continue with her love affair with stories and not become disengaged with reading. This as it turns out was the perfect
Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)
Emily, who has recently moved to a rural town after her parents’ divorce, makes an amazing discovery when a magical animal who has been grievously injured is brought to her mother's veterinary practice for treatment. Now she realizes magic is real and she must team up with two other girls to protect the magic from an evil like no other. Once these girls, Emily, Adriane, and Kara, come together they are charged by the Fairimentals to find Avalon and keep the magic safe from the Dark Sorceress.

Ea
Autumn
I love this series:)
Avalon Web of Magic
Alyssa
Great book series, second major series I read when I was younger (10-11). This was also the first series to focus on girls (minus The Clique) and how they develop through the series. I read the first first edition with the weird covers (it's a children's-c'mon). It focus on the importance of and friendship. I would recommend it to the children.
Razif Falyan Ardharu
Memang, banyak yg bilang jangan terlalu berekspektasi yang tidak-tidak, inilah yang didapatkan, kekecewaan.

Saya suka ide fantasinya, serupa tapi tak sama kyk The Spiderwick Chronicles, tapi cara Rachel Roberts menuliskannya terlalu kekanak-kanakan. Padahal di belakang bukunya ada tulisan "Novel Remaja" ..... *diamsejenak*

Penjelasannya juga ada yg sulit dipahami di beberapa tempat, sehingga saya harus membacanya 2x biar mengerti.
Annie/Soul
This is really good. It's interesting, and pretty cool. My favorite character is Adraine, Storm, Dreamer, & The Drake. I like Adraine becuz she's the warrior, and Emily & Kara are just whining wimps who ACT important. X) It's sad, though, because most of the books are all based off those two, and Adraine only gets two off her. Another thing: I HATE Kara with all my heart. I know this sounds harsh, but every now and then, I'm muttering under me breath for her to to get killed or at least ...more
Hannah
Circles in the Stream is the first book in a 12 book seris. There are three different girls that have been chosen to become mages (magic users) and they might not get along with each other all the time but all life forms that rely on them are despirte for help.
Emily doesn't belive in mgaic, Adraine doesn't belive in friends and Kara has strong magic in her! Emily is the healer mage, Adriane is the warrior and Kara is the blazing star! Emily first finds out that she has a special comunication wi
Shinyfox
3.5 stars.

A cute book for the younger crowd. I had a few problems with the Veterinary side of things. Basically a mother asking her 12 year old child to get the tranq's needed to put a giant angry wild cat under. What mother would ask their daughter to do that? No matter how helpful she's been in the past. Also after this cat, which is NOT a house cat, is getting better the mother allowed her 12 year old daughter to spend time alone with this wild animal, which was unrestrained. I get the idea o
Charlene
I loved this book when i was about 11. This is one of the books that started me on my journey of reading. The story is so original! I literally just found out that there were 12 books
Hunter
I read all of the books between my 4th and 5th grade year in school. Even though this was 4 years ago, I still remember how in love I fell with these books. Fantasy was my genre, and those books were just the thing I needed to fill my brain.
  • The Road to Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #1)
  • The Power of Five (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #1)
  • The Ruby Princess Runs Away
  • The Courage to Choose (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Third Wish (Fairy Realm, #3)
  • Reunion (Water, #2)
  • Out of the Dark (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #8)
19158
Rachel Roberts adores magic, adventure, animals, and music. Rachel is an devoted campaigner with animal rights and protection of wild places organizations. Rachel’s has been reading ever since she could first carry a book and enjoys getting lost in a fantastic story. Rachel has been a writer as well as a editor her entire career. Rachel says the majority of concepts for her stories and characters ...more
More about Rachel Roberts...
Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #3) Secret of the Unicorn (Avalon: Web of Magic #4) All That Glitters (Avalon: Web of Magic, #2) Trial By Fire (Avalon: Web of Magic #6) Spellsinger (Avalon: Web of Magic #5)

“The ferret sat and examined his foot "What in the world am I?" he asked, alarmed "I look like some sort of rodent! 13 likes