Start by marking “The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)

The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Dragonlance: Heroes #5)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,966 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The fifth in a series of recovers of classic Dragonlance novel tales.
This attractive new re-release of The Gates of Thorbardin showcases a new look for the Heroes series. Each title in the series will reflect the new series design and feature entirely new cover art.
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published August 1st 2004 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance

Emily White
I was disappointed with this book because I was expecting it to be as good as Stormblade, which it was not. I could definitely see Dan Parkinson's Western (as in "spaghetti" and "wild") influences from the moment the story began. This lent a different feel to the book than the other Dragonlance books that I have read. Parkinson's descriptions of place were very detailed and interesting to read. The main character was hard to get into, and I found myself hoping that this would be a story that end ...more
John Sharples
Enjoyable

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. It was a great read for the money and went by quickly. I have not read any other books by this author but I think this was well done.
David
I'm not much of a dwarf fan so I got this just to try and complete the series. I had mixed feelings about this book. On one hand, the descriptions of locales and events were nicely done. On the other, the characterisation, character development, and plot development felt rather weak. It was difficult to relate to the main character; and if the supporting characters weren't interesting enough to provide more flavour and distractions, it might have turned out boring.
Chris Witt
Some of the DragonLance stereotypes abound - odd relationships between a kender and a dwarf, a suspicious red-robed mage that might not be completely trustworthy - but all in all a well-written, well-told story that makes for a worthwhile entry in the canon of DragonLance literature.

Screeches to a halt at the end. I felt as though the writer was told he needed to wrap the story up in the next 5 pages even though he had 50 more to tell.
Tara Calaby
Although he's far from my favourite DL author, the story ended up being quite good. A very kenderly kender and a good plotline. Of course, being me, I now have to add two more people to my list of 'people I have a crush on but shouldn't as their only characters in a book'. Garon Wendesthalas (elf. sigh. what a surprise) and Wingover (human - amazing, I know).
Jasmyn
A look at Thorbardin and how it works after the Cataclysm but before the Dark Queen starts her latest war. It read like several sessions of an actual table top gaming series. In some ways this was nice, in others it was a little too stop and go for me.

The gnome, Bobbin, is one of the funniest creatures yet.
Fred
Was a fantastic book for a young teenager. I would recommend this for any boy ages 10-15. Harry Potter eat your heart out.
Brannigan

It's a good quest story. Plus there's a kender, which I always enjoy.
Philipp
Philipp marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Tyler Gosselin
Tyler Gosselin marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Gordon Thomas
Gordon Thomas marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Angelina
Angelina marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Val
Val marked it as to-read
K Clark
K Clark marked it as to-read
Kyle K
Kyle K marked it as to-read
Yolanda Linton
Yolanda Linton marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
AgusMetal
AgusMetal marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Alexiel
Alexiel marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Sasha
Sasha marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • The Seventh Sentinel (Dragonlance: Defenders of Magic, #3)
  • Lord Toede (Dragonlance: Villains, #5)
  • The Qualinesti (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #3)
  • The Irda (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #2)
  • The Kagonesti (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #1)
  • Legacy of Steel (Dragonlance: Bridges of Time, #2)
  • Vinas Solamnus (Dragonlance: Lost Legends, #1)
  • Theros Ironfeld (Dragonlance: The Warriors, #4)
  • The Reign of Istar (Dragonlance: Tales II, #1)
  • Land of the Minotaurs (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #4)

Dragonlance: Heroes (7 books)
  • The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • Weasel's Luck (Dragonlance: Heroes, #3)
  • Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1)
  • Kampen om Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heltesagn, #10)
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)
Hammer and Axe (Dragonlance: Dwarven Nations, #2) The Gully Dwarves (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #5) The Swordsheath Scroll (Dragonlance: Dwarven Nations, #3) The Covenant of the Forge (Dragonlance: Dwarven Nations, #1) Starsong, TSR