Start by marking “The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)

The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Dragonlance: Heroes #5)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  2,341 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The fifth in a series of recovers of classic Dragonlance novel tales.
This attractive new re-release of The Gates of Thorbardin showcases a new look for the Heroes series. Each title in the series will reflect the new series design and feature entirely new cover art.
Mass Market Paperback, 310 pages
Published August 1st 2004 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance

Emily White
Feb 10, 2014 Emily White rated it it was ok
Shelves: dragonlance
I was disappointed with this book because I was expecting it to be as good as Stormblade, which it was not. I could definitely see Dan Parkinson's Western (as in "spaghetti" and "wild") influences from the moment the story began. This lent a different feel to the book than the other Dragonlance books that I have read. Parkinson's descriptions of place were very detailed and interesting to read. The main character was hard to get into, and I found myself hoping that this would be a story that end ...more
MEG Munro
Jan 23, 2016 MEG Munro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME STORY

To put it mildly, this story was great!!!!!!!!
If your familiar with the Dragonlance stories, then you will love this story. Even if your not familiar with all the stories, you will enjoy the characters, because when a kender and a couple of Dwarves and a human hang around with each other, things are going to happen in a big way! (Not in a good way either).
Please enjoy this great story.
David
I'm not much of a dwarf fan so I got this just to try and complete the series. I had mixed feelings about this book. On one hand, the descriptions of locales and events were nicely done. On the other, the characterisation, character development, and plot development felt rather weak. It was difficult to relate to the main character; and if the supporting characters weren't interesting enough to provide more flavour and distractions, it might have turned out boring.
Chris Witt
Aug 09, 2012 Chris Witt rated it liked it
Some of the DragonLance stereotypes abound - odd relationships between a kender and a dwarf, a suspicious red-robed mage that might not be completely trustworthy - but all in all a well-written, well-told story that makes for a worthwhile entry in the canon of DragonLance literature.

Screeches to a halt at the end. I felt as though the writer was told he needed to wrap the story up in the next 5 pages even though he had 50 more to tell.
Lana
Mar 01, 2016 Lana rated it it was amazing
a great adventure from start to finish with as usual a number of funny and brave characters, and true to myself I loved the kender the best. These little people are so full of spunk and so funny and the dwarves in this tale where both great heroes!! must admit I am not looking forward to the next book in the series as it is again about the whimp galen who I so disliked in a previous couple of books, the weasel, a name so thoroughly suited to this character!!!
Elrond24
Feb 03, 2016 Elrond24 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bastante entretenido para lo que esperaba, ya que la saga de Héroes me decepciona bastante. A pesar de que considero que le sobran 80-100 páginas, el libro es bastante ameno y los personajes bastante divertidos para lo dramático de la historia. Ah, y se puede leer sin problema aunque no hayas leído nada de Dragonlance antes!
Jasmyn
Dec 29, 2012 Jasmyn rated it liked it
A look at Thorbardin and how it works after the Cataclysm but before the Dark Queen starts her latest war. It read like several sessions of an actual table top gaming series. In some ways this was nice, in others it was a little too stop and go for me.

The gnome, Bobbin, is one of the funniest creatures yet.
Tara Calaby
Although he's far from my favourite DL author, the story ended up being quite good. A very kenderly kender and a good plotline. Of course, being me, I now have to add two more people to my list of 'people I have a crush on but shouldn't as their only characters in a book'. Garon Wendesthalas (elf. sigh. what a surprise) and Wingover (human - amazing, I know).
John Sharples
Jul 15, 2015 John Sharples rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. It was a great read for the money and went by quickly. I have not read any other books by this author but I think this was well done.
Fred
Dec 14, 2011 Fred rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Was a fantastic book for a young teenager. I would recommend this for any boy ages 10-15. Harry Potter eat your heart out.
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2012
Brandon James
Brandon James rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Bara Minata
Bara Minata rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Martin Thomas
Martin Thomas rated it really liked it
May 12, 2013
Johnny Drummond
Johnny Drummond rated it liked it
May 18, 2014
Jeff Abney
Jeff Abney rated it really liked it
May 03, 2015
Mehdi Ouazzane
Mehdi Ouazzane rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Anthony
Anthony rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2012
chris wilcox
chris wilcox rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
William Okrzesik
William Okrzesik rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Zeaal
Zeaal rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2014
Mike Turner
Mike Turner rated it liked it
May 12, 2012
Daniel Catudal
Daniel Catudal rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Jake Klimeck
Jake Klimeck rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2012
Cameron
Cameron rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Alex Glez
Alex Glez rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2009
Cody Sibley
Cody Sibley rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2011
April
April rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2012
George Matzen
George Matzen rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2016
Dodge Durango
Dodge Durango rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • The Medusa Plague (Dragonlance: Defenders of Magic, #2)
  • Firstborn (Dragonlance:  Elven Nations, #1)
  • Vinas Solamnus (Dragonlance: Lost Legends, #1)
  • The Kagonesti (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #1)
  • The Cataclysm (Dragonlance: Tales II, #2)
  • Land of the Minotaurs (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #4)
  • The Irda (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #2)
  • Theros Ironfeld (Dragonlance: The Warriors, #4)
  • Legacy of Steel (Dragonlance: Bridges of Time, #2)
  • Lord Toede (Dragonlance: Villains, #5)

Dragonlance: Heroes (6 books)
  • The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • Weasel's Luck (Dragonlance: Heroes, #3)
  • Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1)
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)