Start by marking “5 (Genei Musou) (In Japanese)” as Want to Read:
5 (Genei Musou) (In Japanese)

5 (Genei Musou) (Phantom Dream #5)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Published by 白泉社

To ask other readers questions about 5 (Genei Musou), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 (Genei Musou)

Ashley
This was a great ending volume. It wound up being so much more than I expected, and I'm glad that Takaya ended it exactly where she did. I wish I could do a more in-depth series review, but the material in the previous volumes is kind of distant in my head right now. Suffice it to say that this work, like Fruits Basket, incorporates a theme that's the heartblood of some of Takaya's strongest works: moving beyond the past.

After a shaky first volume, Takaya's really managed to nail the ending on t
Starbubbles
this one was so much better than the rest of the books. wraps up the series extremely nicely to where you want to go back and enjoy it again.
Marina
I gave this a 4 star due to the good ending.
Brianna
yay! i got the happy ending that i wanted.
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~3-3.5/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

I’m not sure what I was expecting from this. I’m a huge fan of Fruits Basket, but I knew this wasn’t going to be similar, and I was pretty sure it was an earlier work (which it is).

I think my biggest problem with the series was that it was rather slow and hard to get into at times. Maybe I just wasn’t all that caught up in the plot or characters, but there were times where I paused reading the next volume for a little too long.

The art is obviously he
Julie
Jun 18, 2011 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Julie by: Phoebe
Overall I did really like this series, even though some of the plot twists are clearly favorites of Takaya's (particularly where they involve gender bending and people unexpectedly changing sides). Might have enjoyed it more if I hadn't read Fruits Basket and Tsubasa first. It was fun watching Takaya's art style develop. By the end of this series, she ended up pretty much where she started in Fruits Basket, art-wise.
Marie
Un final un peu convenu. Le véritable "méchant" n'était pas celui qui était désigné dès le début de l'histoire et tout finit bien pour tout le monde, après de multiples rebondissements.
Crystal
Overall This series was ok. It got better as it went on. It ended well and I am happy the story took the turn that it did.
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Jessica Woodward
Jessica Woodward marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Jennette
Jennette marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Sam Marks
Sam Marks marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Holly Letson
Holly Letson marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Naomi Moffitt
Naomi Moffitt marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Corinna
Corinna marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Faliha
Faliha marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her debu
More about Natsuki Takaya...

Phantom Dream (5 books)
  • Phantom Dream Volume 1
  • Phantom Dream, Volume 2
  • Phantom Dream, Volume 3
  • Phantom Dream, Volume 4
Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 (Fruits Basket, #1) Fruits Basket, Vol. 7 (Fruits Basket, #7) Fruits Basket, Vol. 2 (Fruits Basket, #2) Fruits Basket, Vol. 4 (Fruits Basket, #4) Fruits Basket, Vol. 3 (Fruits Basket, #3)