Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)

Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  901 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Ashleigh's dreams are in tatters....

Ashleigh Griffen is thrilled when the owner of the horse farm where she lives puts her favorite horse, Wonder, into training as a Thoroughbred racer. Ashleigh has spent the past year turning the sickly filly into a beautiful, healthy yearling.

Ashleigh knows Wonder could be great, but Wonder dislikes her harsh new trainer. Soon she's buck...more
Published December 5th 1993 by HarperTorch (first published September 15th 1991)

Stefanie
I really liked this addition to the Thoroughbred series! Ashleigh Griffen has to contend with so many different situations that effect her interactions with her favorite filly, Wonder, that the reader can't help but feel her frustration. All the things Ashleigh had to put up with made for an intense story. Basically, Wonder begins her training to become a champion racehorse and Ashleigh has to stand by and watch because she's not the owner and has "no reason" to be involved with Wonder's trainin...more
Tina
Once again, I love this series! Ms. Campbell does a wonderful job telling Ashleigh's story and the struggles she faces with Wonder. Although Wonder isn't Ashleigh's horse, she feels like it because of how much time they've spent together, and she really wants Wonder to excel in her training. I love the other characters in these stories as well, such as Charlie, Ashleigh's parents, her best friend, and her siblings. They all play smaller roles, but they add so much to these stories. If you enjoye...more
P
Nov 13, 2008 P rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: juvenile
This book was a wholesome choice for middle school age. I really enjoyed the positive happy ending. I know it's cheesy, but I like it and it would help any girl interested in horses learn more about the ins and outs of caring for horses and preparing them to race. Teaches discipline.
Mollie
Jul 17, 2007 Mollie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any horse lover
These books focused my passion for horses on the Thoroughbred. I read these during my entire childhood and because of them, today I have re-trained 3 ex-racehorses and found them loving new homes. These books are perfect for fledgling horse lovers!
Lucy Sisk
Hm, líbilo se mi, že kniha nevazuje tam kde předchozí přestala a není tam nějaká delší časová prodleva.
Samozřejmě pro svou vášeň ke koním jsem si oblíbila možnost nahlédnout do tajů výcviku, se kterým se setkám jen málokdy.
Hayleehudson
I think I liked this book more than the rest of the series. The parts with wonder actually had me in distress!

Well, I think I'll be off to read another book- possibly another one in the Thoroughbred series?
Daphne Wigger
I actually read this a looooong time ago. Good adolescent fiction. Especially for girls who love horses, which is exactly why I picked it up back then.
Jennie
i need to read this book cause i heard it was good from a friend and i will spill the beans after i read it so watch out jk wat the hek lol
Maria
this book was really good I read it a while ago but I can remember it because it was so good
Faith
Never whip a horse it makes them unsafe to ride and they act nervous!
Julie
Loved these when I was a kid obsessed with horses.
AP
AP added it
Jul 22, 2014
Emma Persson
Emma Persson marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Morgan
Morgan added it
Jul 19, 2014
Tracey N
Tracey N marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Desiree Swint
Desiree Swint marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
  • A Summer Without Horses (Saddle Club Super Edition, #1)
  • Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)
  • One Day You'll Know (Heartland, #6)
A Horse Called Wonder (Thoroughbred, #1) Wonder's First Race (Thoroughbred, #3) Wonder's Yearling (Thoroughbred, #6) Wonder's Victory (Thoroughbred, #4) Ashleigh's Dream (Thoroughbred, #5)