BLAKE & MORTIMER: THE MYSTERY OF THE GREAT PYRAMID VOL.1: Mystery of the Great Pyramid Pt. 1 (Adventures of Blake & Mortimer)

BLAKE & MORTIMER: THE MYSTERY OF THE GREAT PYRAMID VOL.1: Mystery of the Great Pyramid Pt. 1 (Blake et Mortimer #4)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The Adventures of Blake and Mortimer: The Yellow "M" v. 1 London's walls resound with the incredible exploits of the 'Yellow Mark.' The spectacular actions of this mysterious criminal are on the increase: holding up the Bank of England, robbing the imperial crown... No one seems able to stop him. He is so audacious that he lets the police know in advance where he will comm...more
Published November 8th 2007 by CINEBOOK (first published May 1954)

Dirk Grobbelaar
It does look and feel like the Tintin books, doesn't it? And that's marvelous! This brings back the glow of youth, and opening a Tintin book for the first time. On the downside, it isn't Tintin, but it's not bad. Not bad at all. This is the second Mortimer & Blake book I've read (I'm reading them in Cinebook sequence, where it is printed as book 2).

The Mystery of the Great Pyramid is reminiscent of both Tintin and Indiana Jones. Double whammy! The art, of course, is impeccable. I just love...more
Drew
In the late 70s I discovered The Adventures of Tintin, and quickly set about acquiring and reading all the available books. Because they were a finite resource, every time I started a new Tintin book, I would try to extend the reading of it. While it would have been nothing to devour the whole book in one sitting, I would attempt to take a few days to read through a new one. (I rarely succeeded.)

Eventually, of course, I came to the end of the series, and would never again read a new one.

Sadnes...more
Helmut
Viel Text erdrückt etwas die Stimmung

Dieser Band war mein erster Kontakt mit der "Blake & Mortimer"-Reihe. Ich fühle mich sehr stark angezogen von der Art der Zeichnungen - Hergés Einfluss ist mehr als deutlich spürbar. Die Figuren agieren vor äußerst klar und detailliert ausgearbeitenen Hintergründen, historisch wie technisch akkurat recherchiert und wiedergegeben.
Während aber mein persönliches Vergleichswerk, Hergés Les Cigares Du Pharaon, vor Atmosphäre nur so sprüht, geht diese hier ver...more
Federiken Masters
Aug 23, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No sé
Recommended to Federiken by: Que se parecía a Tintín
Tendría que haberme mandado este tomo y su conclusión juntos de una. Ahora, no tengo más a mano el #2 y probablemente para cuando lo consiga ya me haya olvidado todo lo importante de esta primera parte. Llegué a este par porque me dijeron que el autor era asistente de Hergé, y que tenía una onda Tintín. En el dibujo, le doy la razón. Pero en cuanto a argumento, dinámica, diversión y todo el resto, está a años luz de las buenas historias de Tintín, aunque también he de reconocer que hace añazos q...more
Pascal
de bons passages mais globalement décevant: une histoire poussive qui se prolonge sur deux tomes, trop de dialogues à lire, et à vrai dire deux personnages pas très modernes ni attachants.
Julian King
If you love the claire ligne style of Hergé, and a slightly more adult thriller, then this is for you. The characters are well-drawn, in every sense, and the plot exciting. There is a lot more text than in the Tintin albums, but if you love to read as well as look at pictures, that shouldn't be a problem. I was delighted to discover Blake & Mortimer, and I will be collecting the rest of the series.
George Hamilton-jones
Dragged a little. Slight copy editing issues, but some of Jacobs' mannerisms haven't aged well either.
Jaydeep
The Comcat edition. Need to look for the 2008 Cinebook translation of the concluding part now.
Charlie Potter
great! now I need to learn french to read the rest...
Ludwig
Ludwig marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Melissa Watson
Melissa Watson marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Shanes
Shanes added it
Jul 12, 2014
Emmaline Rose
Emmaline Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Eva Stallaert
Eva Stallaert marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Kang Daehan
Kang Daehan marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Hassan
Hassan marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
272058
(aka Edgar P. Jacobs)

Edgar Pierre Jacobs naît le 30 mars 1904 à Bruxelles. Il se passionne très tôt pour le dessin et la musique. Après avoir exercé quelques petits métiers, il travaille dans la publicité. Parallèlement, à partir de 1921, il devient figurant au Théâtre Royal de la monnaie à Bruxelles. Le 25 août 1922, le futur chanteur d'opéra signe son premier contrat d'artiste aux cotés de Misti...more
More about Edgar P. Jacobs...
La marque jaune (Blake et Mortimer, #6) Blake et Mortimer, tome 1: Le secret de l'Espadon 1 Le mystère de la grande pyramide 2 (Blake et Mortimer, #5) Le piège diabolique (Blake et Mortimer, #9) Blake et Mortimer, tome 3: Le secret de l'Espadon 3