Start by marking “When Falcone's World Stops Turning” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
When Falcone's World S...

Abby Green

When Falcone's World Stops Turning (Blood Brothers #1)

She has the power to change everything...

Rafaele Falcone runs his luxury auto empire and private life with the same ice-cold ruthlessness. Emotions play no part in his decisions, and he always demands the best, so he doesn't hesitate to ask brilliant engineer Samantha Rourke to join his company--even though he walked away from her years before.

That sexy Italian accent stil
Published February 1st 2014 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about When Falcone's World Stops Turning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Falcone's World Stops Turning

Becky
Writing a review to clear up confusion caused by some other reviews, because I was expecting very different details based on heroine being described as a slut/whore and a cheating heroine. If you are using the average of stars this book is given to decide whether to read this book, please note that several reviewers give books a 1 star review, not on the basis of the writing or the quality of the story but solely on the basis that heroine ever (either before meeting or separating from hero) has ...more
Jenny
I refuse to believe Abby Green wrote this book. Heroine was pure trash. A slut and a whore who left her baby boy home while she was fucking men in hotel rooms.

I think I will go back to old Harlequins. Those heroines had values, morals and most importantly self respect! Modern HP authors are not my cup of tea.

Oh! Highlight of the book was our doormat hero begging slutty heroine to marry him on his knees after she kept his son a secret from him for 3 whole years. Pathetic!
Malika
Dear gawd when will I ever learn! After readin bout gazillion HPs u wud think that i wudnt hav high expectation when pickin up a HP but alas i do *so naive so stupido*

I was soo excited hearing about a h that finally moved on after the H kicks her to the kerb and so SUPRISED reading reviews booing her for it... "da skank left her baby nd bonked a stranger in a hotet" OMG really? Needless to say my curiousity was picked (not to mention my anger at the writer for writing a smart strong h that moves
Giovanni
Tishke
Sep 29, 2014 Tishke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why did her one sexual encounter had to be a disaster? Is it unacceptable for a heroine to find sexual fulfillment after a bad relationship with the hero? I wish the authors would notice that many of their readers believe a woman has as much right to move on after a bad breakup. They don't need to be put on the shelves until the hero comes to his senses.
Desere
Nov 16, 2013 Desere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The expression "My world just ended" is one I have heard many, many times before, but never really personally fully experienced.

So when I get to see if from another's point of view it is always interesting to find out just why they seem to think their world has just ended.

In the new trilogy from Abby Green she tells of the lives of three brothers and the woman that will bring them to their knees and make their worlds indeed seem like it just ended.

In the first installment we meet the first broth
Linda Sims
Dalia
Jun 10, 2015 Dalia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not AG 's best book. I read and enjoyed all her previous books. And this one has all the elements to guarantee a great read : the angst, the superb writing, off- the- charts attraction ....ect but I couldn't connect with the MC, they left me cold, which,for me, is a deal- breaker.
Heeta
Lets be honest, Harlequin Books are guilty pleasure for most. A quick mindless read with some hot moments. In most HP books the h are always treated like second class citizens by the H. There are not many HP books where, I've seen a true remorseful H except in the last five pages or so where the H actually needs to grovel throughout the book. This was a little different than the normal HP plots.

Now onto the book.

(view spoiler)
Alex is The Romance Fox
I love anything written by Abby Green and can't wait for her latest book....so yay....another series.

Look, I though Raffaelle a bit of a twit in the beginning....but i did forgive him a little when I discovered what his life had been like as a child. Not that is an excuse for his behaviour...but in the end, he did redeem himself.

I liked Sam...but I LOVED Milo.

Can't wait for book #2.
Julie
May 05, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby Green heats up the pages with When Falcon’s World Stops Turning, the first title in her outstanding new trilogy for Harlequin Presents, Blood Brothers.

Samantha Rourke had taken one look at handsome billionaire Rafaele Falcone and fallen head over heels in love with him. Their affair had been brief but intense, but when an unexpected twist of fate had forced the two of them apart, a broken-hearted Samantha had packed her bags, left Italy behind and vowed never to clap eyes on Rafaele ever ag
Crystal
Dec 11, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in place of an honest review.

Rafaele Falcone is a businessman that shows no emotions. That is the way he does his business since he saw his parents when he was three. He saw his dad on his knees begging his mom to stay and she left after taking him for all he had. That is the way he lived his life until he saw Samantha Rourke. She made him feel things that he never wanted to. He was going to break up with her and found out she was pregnant. As soon a
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Technically, I'd give this one 3 1/2 stars and NOT 4. There were parts of this book that were truly wonderful but the whole "secret baby theme" just bothers something in my core. I have read few books where the secrecy was justified. This one, hence the 3 1/2 stars, was ALMOST the exception. Her reasons were actually valid given the tumultuous end of their relationship. The problem lies with the continuing secrecy. Just...no!

That aside, I enjoyed reading this book, meeting the characters and loo
shms
Aug 31, 2016 shms rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Second chance romance which is well written, as always for Abby Green, but uninspired. This was blah..so like the vast majority of HP's out there. There was just enough of a twist to keep it current so it doesn't read dated.

I thought it was interesting that while the H had been sexing it up with others,when they were apart, the h was also seen to have tried to do so and wasn't on ice until the H comes back into her life. I get the impression she, Abby Green that is, was trying to please readers
Paula
I liked the heroine, Samantha, for the most part, but I couldn't figure out how she could still want Rafaele after the way he treated her when she told him she was pregnant and when he thought she had a miscarriage.

The hero, Rafaele, was hard to like throughout most of the book and it took him a long time to convince me he had any feelings for Sam beyond the physical.

The story got better for me when Rafaele took Sam and their son Milo to his home in Milan, and we finally got to meet Rafaele's fa
Erin
Feb 20, 2014 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really like this HP...secret baby and all. Oh and finally yea, the h moved on during the separation.
Tia
Jan 04, 2014 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one definitely had me tearing up. I could feel the distinct passion between hero and heroine, even when they were hating each other. It made me have quite a few tearful moments as well.
Hsiau Wei
Rafaele ended their relationship when he thought that their relationship is getting deeper than what he expected. Samantha was devastated because she is pregnant with their child. She packed her bags, left Italy and vowed never to clap eyes on Rafaele ever again. Fast forward to today, Rafaele have no idea what he expected when he sought her out for help in his company. He thought Samantha would jumps at the chance to work with him but was stunned when she refuses to have anything to do with him ...more
DelAnne Frazee
Jan 02, 2017 DelAnne Frazee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
ASIN: B00EFPXSO6
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
Rating: 3.75 Stars

I received a copy of "When Falcone's World Stops Turning" from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

Description From The Publisher:

She has the power to change everything…

Rafaele Falcon
Joyfully Reviewed
Rafaele Falcone needs help in research for his automobile company and, despite the fact that he has a history with Samantha Rourke, he calls on her to aid him. Dr. Samantha Rourke isn’t looking to repeat the mistakes of the past, but Rafaele forces her into compliance. Rafaele had his reasons for treating Sam so blasé years ago, but Sam is working to keep Rafaele far away from her current life for fear of her secrets being revealed.

When Falcone’s World Stops Turning is a page-turning tale about
Melanie Malkoun
Aug 03, 2015 Melanie Malkoun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is the first of the series of the blood brothers. I thoroughly enjoyed this book so much. Rafaele and Samantha met when she was an intern at his motor company it Italy. She soon became his lover, and then found out she was pregnant. Rafaele doesn't do commitment and happy families. After telling him she was pregnant, she thinks she is miscarrying, but the doctor tells her its just stress and she is okay. She doesn't inform Rafaele about her prognosis, and lets him believe that she miscarrie ...more
kholiette
Let me just start by saying Abby Green has nice books that I enjoyed even though oftentimes i think some of the characters need a bit more development.

Spoiler Alert:

But there are things in life that we shouldn’t touch, like telling kids santa is fictional , reading a Harlequin romance with a heroine who has sex in a hotel not with the hero . Ewwww ….
From now on all books Abby Green will be examined thoroughly before reading because seriously I felt like gagging. I hate the hero too …you see for
Maday Dearmas
Feb 16, 2014 Maday Dearmas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Falcone’s World Stops Turning By Abby Green
I liked this book even though it’s been done so many times before. Rafaele Falcone is handsome, rich, and kind of a jerk with our heroine. He has issues stemming from his childhood. He has two brothers which I’m sure are as broken as he is. Sam was innocent and she had been madly in love with Rafaele and when he found out she was pregnant he almost passed out. Imagine his relief when she miscarried. Sam let him believe she had miscarried, but four
Trudy Miner
May 31, 2014 Trudy Miner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Rourke once worked for driven CEO Rafaele Falcone at Falcone Motors, a maker of luxury automobiles and they became lovers until he broke it off suddenly. Now, four years later, Rafelaele wants Samantha to come work for him again at his new London branch! What will he do when he finds out her secret? This is the premise of the story and what the whole plot revolves around. Forced to face the result of his affair with Sam, Rafaele must come to terms with his childhood in order to forge a ...more
Anisha
Feb 25, 2014 Anisha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Satarupa Seal
I guess as a MB it has to follow certain predetermined plot lines so there is of course no suspense involved. It is a predictable story - but I guess thats what you should expect. It is very well written. One thing was I found there were very few characters - even the the female character (whose perspective we hear from) has no friends mentioned etc. which was a little unrealistic. But I did not identify or feel invested in any of the characters. Also, as expected for a MB, they are stuck in the ...more
Ipshita Ranjana
Feb 15, 2014 Ipshita Ranjana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Falcone’s World Stops Turning is the first part of The Blood Brothers trilogy and the story starts with the introduction of the three brothers. Rafaele is an alpha hero who owns a million dollar automobile company. He has his own demons from past but I did not find him too tortured or dark. I could understand his reasons for not believing in love and being ruthless as the story is also written from his point of view.Read More
Vanessa Gilbert
Típico libro en el que los personajes principales tienen un amorío, ella le dice que está embarazada justo cuando él la va a dejar, luego cree que no tuvo el bebé; no la ve por tantos años y cuando la ve de nuevo descubre que tiene un hijo y entonces éste hace una serie de cosas que la lastiman para hacerle pagar por ocultarle a su hijo, al final del libro se declaran amor eterno, bla bla bla...
Tabs
Dec 29, 2015 Tabs rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category-romance
I like secret baby romances that manage to transcend the inherent shittiness of keeping a baby a secret and this one didn't quite tackle that hurtle. Yeah, he was a jerk, but that's not really an adequate reason. And the heroine's Daddy issue were pretty silly. Aloof, absent-minded but not shitty Dads aren't the end of the world, lady. Really.
Harlequin Books
"Green's second-chance romance will keep you on the edge of your seat as the hero and heroine misinterpret each other's signals while keeping the heat on in the bedroom and their hearts closed to each other, but wide open for their son." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Blood Brothers
Ada
Ada rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • What a Sicilian Husband Wants
  • The Consequences of That Night (At His Service, #6)
  • Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • The Italian's Runaway Bride (Harlequin Presents, No. 2219)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • Enemies at the Altar
  • The Woman Sent to Tame Him
  • Play Me (Love Me, #2)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • The Greek Tycoon's Baby Bargain (Greek Billionaire's Brides #1)
  • An Indecent Proposition
  • A Hint of Scandal
Abby Green spent her teens reading Mills & Boon romances. She then spent many years working in the Film and TV industry as an Assistant Director. One day while standing outside an actor's trailer in the rain, she thought: "there has to be more than this". So she sent off a partial to Mills & Boon. After numerous rewrites, they accepted her first book and an author was born. She was nominat ...more
More about Abby Green...

Blood Brothers (3 books)
  • When Christakos Meets His Match (Blood Brothers, #2)
  • When Da Silva Breaks the Rules (Blood Brothers, #3)