Start by marking “Lunch Boxes and Snacks: Over 120 healthy recipes from delicious sandwiches and salads to hot soups and sweet treats” as Want to Read:

Tired of that same old peanut butter and jelly sandwich day after day? With a little help from renowned children's cooking and nutrition expert, Annabel Karmel, you can turn your child's lunchbox into the envy of the school cafeteria. Packed with more than 120 healthy, creative recipe ideas and time-saving tips, you can make a complete and nutritious lunch for your child ...more
Published December 26th 2007 by Atria Books (first published August 14th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lunch Boxes and Snacks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunch Boxes and Snacks

Lissa
Aug 27, 2009 Lissa rated it really liked it
A great book with great lunch ideas - although I thought most of them were more awesome for me (and other adults) rather than kids, or least for my kids.
gina
Feb 24, 2011 gina rated it liked it
Shelves: homemaking, food
Oh to be able to make lunches. I dream of somehow doing this small domestic task for me and my husband. Instead I cram soups and microwave meals into my work bag and he grabs fast food. But still, I dream.

This book has lots of great variations on the lunch box theme and much of it would definitely be well received by my husband. I think it's one of those books you might want to own though, and not just get from a library as you'd end up copying the whole blasted book. I picked (with great restra
Lisa
Jan 26, 2009 Lisa rated it it was ok
Got this as more research for my bento box obsession. It didn't have nearly as many pictures as I wanted it to, nor did it need as many recipes for the things it did showcase. I guess a cute quick read overall, but I much preferred the layout/structure of the vegan lunch box book.
Marie
Sep 29, 2011 Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cookery
Many of the recipes in this book require a lot of prep time, plus they require refrigeration for safety. Although the recipes appeal to me and I can see myself prepping and bringing these to work, I doubt they are feasible for most parents and their kids.
Rachel Rogers
Apr 23, 2013 Rachel Rogers rated it liked it
Haven't tried anything yet but some of the recipes sounded intriguing to both me and my fussy daughter. we'll see.
Michele J
Oct 23, 2012 Michele J rated it liked it
It had some interesting twists on old recipes.
Candace
Candace rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
Leigh
Leigh rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2009
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2009
Ames
Ames rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2009
Chalerm Gay
Chalerm Gay rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Nhp2003
Nhp2003 rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2014
Cortney
Cortney rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2010
Sarah Hamel
Sarah Hamel rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Shereen Atef
Shereen Atef rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Sheena Davis
Sheena Davis rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Janelle Demerath
Janelle Demerath rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015
Jennifer Macdonald
Jennifer Macdonald rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2015
Morag Macleod
Morag Macleod rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Motherpopper
Motherpopper rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Susan McNamara
Susan McNamara rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2016
Gemma
Jan 31, 2015 Gemma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some very good ideas in this book.
Hayley
Hayley rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2011
Meredith
Meredith rated it liked it
May 08, 2012
K E McGivern
K E McGivern rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Natalie D-Napoleon
Natalie D-Napoleon rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2014
Beth Freudenburg
Beth Freudenburg rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016