Smith & Hawken: Hands On Gardener: Pruning

Smith & Hawken: Hands On Gardener: Pruning

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Pruning takes a two-part approach to demystifying a task that fills many gardeners with trepidation. Part one covers the fundamentals of how plants grow and how to apply that knowledge to pruning; part two is a plant guide that covers the art of pruning and shaping, featuring profuse step-by-step illustrations.
Published January 6th 1997 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Smith & Hawken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smith & Hawken

Colette
This was my first venture into the world of pruning. It started out promising, but then quickly moved into terminology I don't know. I need more step-by-step instructions, although it does have details about the specific plants I needed to know about. I got the overall gist, but I'm going to need something more. Also, this book focuses more on newly planted plants and preventative pruning, while I need information on "fixing" mature plants that have been improperly pruned or neglected.
Ruhegeist
This book is pretty good with the basics of plant anatomy and how to factor that into pruning. While a little long winded regarding all the various tools and their use, it is good for all beginner gardeners to hear. The attention to the plant-by-plant pruning makes this a good reference book.
Lisa
Lisa added it
Dec 03, 2013
Roots Demystified: Change Your Gardening Habits to Help Roots Thrive Designing and Maintaining Your Edible Landscape Naturally The Lavender Garden: Beautiful Varieties to Grow and Gather Drip Irrigation for Every Landscape and All Climates Roots Demystified: change your gardening habits to help roots thrive.: 1