Start by marking “Faking Smart! Get Hired, Get Promoted, and Become a VP in Six Short Weeks” as Want to Read:
Faking Smart! Get Hired, Get Promoted, and Become a VP in Six Short Weeks

Faking Smart! Get Hired, Get Promoted, and Become a VP in Six Short Weeks

The controversial book that threatens to undo everything taught in business school! It is the ultimate handbook for surviving in corporate America. Faking Smart! shows you how to get hired, get promoted and become a VP, in six short weeks – GUARANTEED!
Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 159 pages
Published 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

Be the first to ask a question about Faking Smart! Get Hired, Get Promoted, and Become a VP in Six Short Weeks

Karl Ager
Jan 06, 2015 Karl Ager rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book is certainly the best book out there. I give it my highest rating - FIVE STARS. And I'd give it five stars even if I wasn't the author! That's how good it is!
Aug 06, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Brief Description: The subtitle of the book is “Get Hired, Get Promoted and Become A V.P. In Six Short Weeks.” Theoretically, it is a satire of business self-help books.

My Thoughts: Oh dear. This is my worst book blogging nightmare: a very nice author asks me to review their self-published book and I don’t like it at all. Such is the case with Faking Smart! When I read Mr. Fossum’s witty e-mail requesting that I consider reviewing the book, I accepted because the book sounded like it could be fu
Melanie
3 stars? How about 2 chuckles and a smirk?

I picked this up on Kindle without realizing "Faking" is by a Goodreads Author. A quick read written in the style of a young Steve Martin (I was a huge fan back in the day), only more wordier, and less funny, but easily fixable with a better edit. As "Faking" is self-published, this should be considered. (Edit: Perhaps this has happened as the version I read was before this Volume 1 release date~opps.)

Okay, I confess, I was tempted to call that 1-999 nu
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
Faking Smart is a program that will not only get you a job, but also get you promoted to Vice President, and all within six weeks.

This was a hilariously sarcastic and over-the-top read. It read like a skit from Saturday Night Live or The Colbert Report. It definitely made me laugh and see the humour in moving through the corporate world. I can see this book appealing to everyone from teenagers who see exectuive positions as unattainable until the distant the future, to executives who will say th
Alyssa Greatbanks
Apr 27, 2015 Alyssa Greatbanks rated it did not like it
So I'd like to start by saying, the kindle books website I had found this title on listed it as a business book, I'm not really sure why, but that is what they had it under. By the time I had gotten around to reading it I had totally forgot what it was about, so I guess you could say I was a little confused in the first chapter.

I did realize quickly that it is a comedic book and is not supposed to be taken seriously, but I really didn't find it very funny. I'm sure some people would enjoy it, bu
JenniferB
Jan 02, 2012 JenniferB rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
I got this book as a First Read and since it was a signed copy from the author felt like I had to read the entire book to give it a fair review.

That said, I thought this book was ridiculous. I realize that it is supposed to be humorous and sarcastic but I just didn't think it was either of those things. I didn't find any useful information in the book and the parts that were so far fetched and supposed to be funny just weren't. If it's any indication of my thoughts on this book, it took me month
Lucy
May 02, 2011 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly I have only glanced at 'Faking Smart' but even this brief interaction has raised a smile in an otherwise gloomy day. Massively impressed by Ager tho. I won a copy of FS through this website (yey) and it came through the post this week - always satisfying to get a parcel through the post from an exotic land. Carried the package round for a day pretending to be far too busy and important to open it, hoping to impress on my fellow shoppers in Sainsburys.
When I unwrapped it I was pleasentl
Margaret
Apr 11, 2011 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for free as part of the Goodreads Fist Reads program. I will tell you that I thought this book was a fun read but also a helpful way to convery information, helpful suggestions, and pointers in a comical way to my teenagers and even their slightly older friends. The advice was presented in a unique and comical way but was accurate and the principles can be applied in the real word. I thought the writer had a consistant smooth writing style and I plan to keep this ...more
Paul Steele
The best crap read all year! Inspired by the introduction, I read the whole thing in just one "sitting" while in stall #2, (which is just off the main conference room). I wasn't going to quit until I had finished, no matter how long the line got!

I can't wait to start applying the lessons in Faking Smart to my own career and I'm looking forward to moving from my current position of Tech Zero to VP!

Thanks Dr. Ager and Mr. Fossum for such an extraordinary program! I can't wait to tell everyone that
K.
Aug 15, 2011 K. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wants to get on the fast track to success? Stuck in a dead-end job and want a change? Or maybe you’re unemployed and know that a cushy title is just what you need to motivate you to succeed. If this sounds like you, then you have to get the new book Faking Smart: Get Hired, Get Promoted, & Become A V.P. In Six Short Weeks. In six short weeks you can go from loser to leader!

Read my review on Fandomania!
Vanessa
Jul 08, 2011 Vanessa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from First Reads and when I got it I was not sure what to think! I started pageing through it and found that I was laughing out loud. It was nice to have some humor put to a stressful subject. My Husband is one of those high up Managers and when I handed it to him to check out He took it and wouldn't give it back! Too Funny!
Erin
Sep 26, 2011 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I graciously won a signed copy of this book through first reads giveaway.

This book was just ok to me. I get that it was supposed to be sarcastic and goofy, I just didn't find it humorous. Even pretending to promote pretend smoking is not cool in my book. I won't be passing this on to friends or family, but I do appreciate getting the chance to read it.
Stuart Hargreaves
I FOUND THIS BOOK TO BE QUITE AMUSING BUT NOT HILARIOUS. PERHAPS SOME OF THE HUMOUR DID NOT TRAVEL ACROSS THE "POND". I WOULD RECOMMEND PEOPLE TO READ THE BOOK AS IT GIVES AN INSIGHT IN HOW TO WORK YOUR WAY UP IN THE BUSINESS WORLD, THERE ARE SEVERAL STEPS WHICH COULD ACTUALLY WORK BUT ALOT IS WHAT I WOULD CALL "TONGUE IN THE CHEEK" BUY IT AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK
Crystal
Apr 22, 2011 Crystal is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Won this in a good reads contest. I'm on the first chapter and finding it humorous. If you are a fan of the office or office space this book will be right up your alley. Witty and light heart humor that those job searching or currently working in the business field will enjoy.
Kristina Franken
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Brad Miller
Brad Miller rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2016
KECIA BRAME
KECIA BRAME rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2015
Kumar Anshuman
Kumar Anshuman rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Mr John D Leech
Mr John D Leech rated it did not like it
May 06, 2016
Don Mcfeely
Don Mcfeely rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Gupta Anirudha
Gupta Anirudha rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2016
Tom
Tom rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2016
Ben Wojtasik
Ben Wojtasik rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Martin Fossum
Jan 06, 2015 Martin Fossum rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shawna
Shawna rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2011
Steve Hillson
Steve Hillson rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2014
Deby Ouellette
Deby Ouellette rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
BAPann
BAPann rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Dean
Dean rated it it was ok
May 30, 2011
  • Secrets of a Working Dog: Unleash Your Potential and Create Success
  • Learn Just Enough . . . to Get Laid
  • The Money Book for Freelancers, Part-Timers, and the Self-Employed: The only personal finance system for people with not-so-regular jobs
  • My Mind Is Not Always My Friend, a Guide for How to Not Get in Your Own Way
  • It's Always Personal: Navigating Emotion in the New Workplace
  • The Trouble with Gumballs
  • Living Like You Mean It: Use the Wisdom and Power of Your Emotions to Get the Life You Really Want
  • Feed Your Brain, Lose Your Belly: Experience Dynamic Weight Loss with the Brain-Belly Connection
  • 20 Things I've Learned as an Entrepreneur
  • Barcode Booty: How I Found and Sold $2 Million of 'Junk' on Ebay and Amazon, and You Can, Too, Using Your Phone
  • How to Attract Good Luck: And Make the Most of It in Your Daily Life
  • Stairway to Awesomeness!: 30 Fundamental Steps to Living a Life of Awesomeness!
  • Carrots 'N' Cake: Healthy Living One Carrot and Cupcake at a Time
  • Washing Cars & Wasting Time
  • Good Old Dog: Expert Advice for Keeping Your Aging Dog Happy, Healthy, and Comfortable
  • Slick Move Guide
  • Take the Leap: Do What You Love 15 Minutes a Day and Create the Life of Your Dreams
  • 100 Simple Things You Can Do to Prevent Alzheimer's and Age-Related Memory Loss
Karl Wolfbrooks Ager, founder of the FSRI (Faking Smart! Research Institute) and the FSIHL (Faking Smart! Institute for Higher Learning) is a famous author, entrepreneur and business self-help guru. Ager was the recipient of the coveted FSRI Author of the Year Award for 2011.
More about Karl Wolfbrooks Ager...

“Based loosely on NASA monkey research, Soviet paranormal studies, chaos theory and the lost experimental writings of Thorstein Veblen, the Faking Smart! Six-Week Program is one of the most advanced six-week programs of its kind.” 2 likes
“It may not seem this way at first, but your workplace is actually built on a well-ordered system of individuals and groups with defined stations of importance, all interacting to make your company run and appear busy.” 2 likes