Start by marking “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7)

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  1,430,872 ratings  ·  41,156 reviews
Harry is waiting in Privet Drive. The Order of the Phoenix is coming to escort him safely away without Voldemort and his supporters knowing - if they can. But what will Harry do then? How can he fulfil the momentous and seemingly impossible task that Professor Dumbledore has left him?
Published 2008 by Bloomsbury; 1ST edition (2008) (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, please sign up.

Necayl Norris I don't think it ended soon, it was a ten year journey for all. I will miss the story, but "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home, whether…moreI don't think it ended soon, it was a ten year journey for all. I will miss the story, but "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home, whether by book or screen". JKR has written several other books, Mostly adult fiction from what I can tell, and there's always Pottermore! They are also producing a "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" film. There are many contributing factors as to way people "hate on" Harry Potter, most of them unfounded. We will "Always" remember you Harry, Hermione, Ron, and the others.(less)
Claire I think he decided to stop using it after it didn't work against harry's wand, ollivander I think told him about the twin cores being the reason that…moreI think he decided to stop using it after it didn't work against harry's wand, ollivander I think told him about the twin cores being the reason that it did the priori incantum thing in goblet of fire and he decided to use someone else's wand against harry from then on. I don't think his got damaged he just decided not to use it anymore.(less)

Suzanne
“I’m going to keep going until I succeed — or die. Don’t think I don’t know how this might end. I’ve known it for years.” — Harry Potter

Most seventeen-year olds don’t view the possibility of an early death as being, well, possible. But then again, most seventeen-year olds haven’t come face-to-face with death almost half a dozen times before their first kiss either.

In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh and final installment of the ridiculously popular Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowl
Kassidy
It's hard for me to believe that I finished the Harry Potter series... I wish this series would go on forever!
I don't know how I've gone through my life without these books. I regret not reading it when I was younger, but I am so happy that I finally did, better late than never, right?
The world built in these books is so real and tangible, it is truly a masterpiece. The characters are engaging and brilliant, and I love how the plot is so interwoven and twisted within itself, especially in this l
Tara
Jun 03, 2008 Tara rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: desperate Harry Potter Fans
Jason
This is just a pithy review on the Harry Potter series as a whole. It is not an in-depth analysis of the work in general, nor is it a review on any one particular installment.

Harry Potter is a work of art. I got made fun of once when I was out to dinner with some friends, because while we were discussing these books I made the mistake of referring to them as “literature.” I felt like I had to defend that assertion because, although the definition of literature is pretty broad, it seems like it s
Mohammed Arabey
المقال الأول عن السلسلة
هذا الريفيو عن رواية هدفها نشر الحب والصداقة..رواية هدفها الايمان بالخير والتغلب علي الشكوك وزعزعة الايمان وإيجاد قوة النفس الداخلية لعمل الخير ..رواية عن الصداقة والحب الذي قد يغلب اي انواع السحر..الشر..الظلم والقهر والعنصرية
**************

في كل جزء "النسخ الأنجليزية" تهدي المؤلفه الكتاب لاحد اقاربها أبنتها, معارفها, الخ
ولكن في الجزء السابع ستفاجأ انها مقسمة الاهداء الي 7 اجزاء منهم اليك انت شخصيا
And to You, If You Have Stuck With Harry Untill The Very End

وانا لم اكن فق
Juliana Zapata
Lo que lloré con este libro no tiene nombre!!!! Todavía no puedo creer todo lo que pasó, nunca imagine que los personajes terminaran como terminaron, me dolió el corazón con muchas escenas. Totalmente inesperado y lleno de acción.

Amé toda esta saga!

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Rion
Aug 28, 2007 Rion rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Big nerds
***SPOILERS:

From an interview with Rowling on the Today show:

Rowling said her original epilogue was “a lot more detailed,” including the name of every child born to the Weasley clan in the past 19 years. (Victoire, who was snogging Teddy — Lupin and Tonks’ son — is Bill and Fleur’s eldest.)

Harry, Ron and Hermione
We know that Harry marries Ginny and has three kids, essentially, as Rowling explains, creating the family and the peace and calm he never had as a child
Mohammed Arabey
First of all, you'd feel delighted, elated when you find out that this book is Dedicated specially to you..by the Queen herself -for me Joanna Rowling is the Queen for Magic at UK, just as Queen Elizabeth is Queen for muggles- and The dedication will be REALLY yours personally..
If you Stuck With Harry Until The Very End.

I've been stuck with Harry myself for 10 years now..when I first read the Arabic edition of the 1st book on Sep.2003.. I felt how it's different than the movie,The characters mor
pinkgal
It was September 1998; the third Harry Potter book had just been released. Pottermania? What's that? It was still unknown except to a vast population of younglings who'd read it... and I fell in love. Oh, how I fell in love. I fell in love with the poor, starved-for-affection, later known to be a twit Harry. I fell in love with the pretentious know-it-all Hermione. I fell in love with the awkward, grew-up-in-his-brother's-shadows Ron... and most of all? I fell in love with the snarky, unplatable ...more
Sammy
Loren Harway
Aug 05, 2007 Loren Harway rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: don't ask stupid questions
grrr. *spoilers*
This book was meant to be a masterpiece.
It wasn't. I was VERY disappointed with the last portion of the book. But the criticisms are for later.
I've always thought that JK's writing was admirable if a little underdeveloped, but the paragraphs just don't seem to flow together as well as they used to.
They finally leave school. I never thought they would, but it sure as hell was an exciting notion. However the lack of supporting characters (that you might find at Hogwarts) means that
9 3/4
Harry Potter changed my life. If I hadn’t read Harry Potter when I did I would not be the same person today. What I am today, in a part is due to Harry. I cannot really say enough to make you understand how much Harry Potter means to me.

The copy I own is not signed by J. K. Rowling but it is signed by Daniel Radcliffe!

Franco  Santos
Me cuesta describir cómo me siento en este momento. Algunas sensaciones son inefables, indescriptibles, tratar de explicarlas sería desvirtuar su encanto, así que solo voy a decir que, sin exagerar y sin temor a humillarme, leer toda la saga de corrido ha sido una de las mejores experiencias de mi vida.
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
This review contains spoilers.

2011 REVIEW - 2ND READING

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't read my review from 2007, when the book first came out, until after I'd published this one. I want to see how they compare - what thoughts/reactions etc. had changed, if any, and any additional insights - but it does make me nervous, because I reckon my first review will prove to be much better written - and what if I seem dumber this time around? I find I get a bit muddled from watching the films,
Laz
Jan 26, 2015 Laz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: magic world lovers
“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”

The last stand.

Holy shit, this was definitely one of the best books I've ever read. It was interesting to the core and never bored me for even a second. This was through and through a pain in the ass. It pained me to read the last chapter, the last book. I didn't want this to end. Still don't want to.

(view spoiler)Why is Mrs. Rowling so keen on killing? Holy
Huda Yahya

ولأن كثيرين كتبوا ويكتبون عن هذه السلسة المدهشة
سيكون الريفيو مكرس لتلك العلاقة المهمشة
التي ربما لم ينتبه إليها كثير من القراء لانشغالهم في أحداث متتابعة التشويق

هذا الريفيو إهداء لروحا سنايب و ليلي...

وهذا الحب الذي ظل يتألق بهالة من نور فضي كظبية هاربة من آهات عصاة سحرية ظلت وحيدة للأبد

كنت أبكي كمن فقد عزيزا وأنا أرى حشرجات سنايب الأخيرة تتنفس ذكريات حبه المكتوم في صدره لسنوات طويلة طويلة

كنت أنشج بحرقة على هذا الرجل الذي أبى إلا أن يقتله كبرياؤه و يحرقه ذن
Ademilson Moraes
Goodbye is the word that best describes this book, as I see it. Of course I am talking about the millions of fans worldwide that found themselves holding the end of this story on their hands, after so many years, having conflicting emotions about it: on one hand, happiness for finally being able to see how Harry's story ends; on the other, the feeling of loss for having to say goodbye to so many "friends" in so little time. I think knowing that is what makes people read this book so avidly; ever ...more
Elesia
Gosh, I wish this series would go on forever! I've fallen in love with the Wizarding World and all the amazing characters so hard! When I first started this series I didn't expect to be so attached and I didn't except for this series to pull on my heart as much as it did! I go through so many emotions in this series, it can break my heart one chapter then fill it with love and joy in the next, it's amazing. I'm so so glad I finally read this series, it has completely stole my heart and I will ne ...more
Traci
Dec 18, 2007 Traci rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: pure-crap
Jessica
Wow.

So, I've never reviewed this before, because, what can you say about it?! I bought it at a midnight release party, devoured it, and knew that I loved it.

But now that I've spent the last couple of weeks reading it aloud to my son, I understand why I loved it so much. Does anyone fully appreciate the scope of what Rowling did with this book? She spent years upon years, and six other books building a world and populating it with characters, and then she BROUGHT IT AND THEM ALL TOGETHER. Spells,
Eleanor
Jul 30, 2007 Eleanor rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like epics, fantasy, magic, school
(shamelessly cross-posted from my livejournal entry) Spoilers below!

I remember picking up Harry Potter around the time that book 3 had come out. There had been buzz about the books in the post with a picture of JK standing by railroad tracks and some inside joke about "muggles." I probably wouldn't have read them had I not babysat for my nextdoor neighbor's kids who were 7 and 10 at the time, and asked me to read it to them as a bedtime story. What is so compelling about these children's books?
Maureen
FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE.

Reread in Dec 2014 (& a little of Jan 2015) for #HarryXmasToYou

SO EMOTCHUNAL
Lore
Oct 14, 2007 Lore rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: harrypotter
Deathly Hallows is in fierce competition with Half-Blood Prince as the worst book of the series. It is an extremely bloated book in which nothing much happens for chapters upon chapters because Rowling is dragging the storyline out -- so it can end at the end of the school year, like all the other books. Many plotlines of previous books are barely touched upon (S.P.E.W.) or "resolved" in an entirely dissatisfactory manner (Grawp, though I wasn't unhappy about not seeing more of him).

Characters
Ian Klappenskoff
Relevance Alert

This is not a review of the book.

My comments specifically relate to a scene in and a song from the soundtrack to the first Deathly Hallows film.

Sexuality Content Warning

I originally posted a version of my comments in a GR discussion about sexuality and Harry Potter.

If you are the sort of reader who thinks these two issues should never be associated with each other, please do not read on. I don't want to spoil your world view.

Sexuality, Adolescence and Harry Potter

One of the funny
Cristin
Upon further reflection...I think this installment could have been much better. Perhaps Rowling was freaking out under the enormous pressure...never expecting her series to be so wildly adored by so many...Still, this book left something to be desired, I think. Rowling made so many predictable moves...and not even the ones that would have had more of an impact...

Snape could have been the hero of the entire series, for example. It would have been rather ironic, considering the fact that he's been
Gabrielle
Thank you JK, for giving me a home away from home.
Iyah
Say, Harry Potter is not a movie or a series. Say, it's all real and you're part of that magical world.
Say, Cedric Diggory was your boyfriend, and Voldemort killed him. Or if your a guy, Moaning Myrtle was your girlfriend and Tom Riddle set a Basilisk on her.
You'll hope that DA would win over the Dark Side, and that Harry gets to punish all the Death Eaters with a hundred Cruciatus Curse-for each Death Eater that is- won't you?
You'll dream for the day that you'll get to see Bellatrix and Lucius
Thomas
Not sure why I waited until over four months after I read this book to review it - perhaps because I'm subconsciously fearful of letting go of this splendid series? I finished this in one day; because I was on a cruise with limited internet access, I wrote my thoughts down on a piece of paper. I would post a picture but I think I can articulate my emotions here:

SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT

Me: Wow I really love the character development and the dynamic between Harry and Ron and Hermione.

Me: WOW THI
Who to Save Elimination Game 2047 359 6 hours, 45 min ago
Who are you're most-hated characters? 8 39 10 hours, 0 min ago
In what way could J.K Rowling improve her writing? 11 41 11 hours, 52 min ago
Would you Rather 104 91 19 hours, 0 min ago
Who do YOU ship with Hermione? 187 606 Aug 26, 2015 11:11AM
Is it just me, or can Harry Potter fans be kind of obnoxious and over-the-top? 48 166 Aug 24, 2015 07:12PM
Does anyone else not like Ron Weasley? 111 777 Aug 24, 2015 09:07AM
  • The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3)
  • River Secrets (The Books of Bayern, #3)
  • Page (Protector of the Small, #2)
  • Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, #8)
  • The Fires of Merlin (The Lost Years of Merlin, #3)
  • The Hero and the Crown (Damar, #1)
  • Inkspell (Inkworld, #2)
  • A Muralha de Gelo (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo #2)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8)
  • The Grand Tour (Cecilia and Kate, #2)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • Lips Touch: Three Times
  • The Singing (The Books of Pellinor, #4)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)
  • Enter the Enchanted (Everworld, #3)