Start by marking “Absolutely Organized: Moms Guide to a No-Stress Schedule and Clutter-Free Home” as Want to Read:
Absolutely Organized: Moms Guide to a No-Stress Schedule and Clutter-Free Home

Absolutely Organized: Moms Guide to a No-Stress Schedule and Clutter-Free Home

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Do you run non-stop but never feel like you accomplish anything? Feel stressed out at home? Dream about doing things that you never get around to doing? Wish you had extra hours in your day? Well, here's something even better!

"Absolutely Organized" is "a book full of tips and hope" for overworked, time-crunched, clutter-crushed moms. It's brimming with practical, proven an
Published November 1st 2007 by Northlight

To ask other readers questions about Absolutely Organized, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolutely Organized

Stephanie
Apparently, in order to be organized, us Moms need to have one day a week entirely free to do laundry and another day free to clean the house. We can't let our husbands help us grocery shop because they might not do it right, or they might spend too much money. And don't let husbands pack the car for a vacation, better to do it yourself so it is just how you want it. If you are a working mom then there is no other option than to just hire out the work (since you won't have an entire weekday to d ...more
Mandy
Confession: I have a strange obsession with cleaning/organizing books, and have for quite some time. I'm sure I have read more than a hundred books on the subject. The earliest of these books I remember reading were some of my mom's, written by a professional cleaner named Don Aslett. (Decent reads, BTW, if you like that sort of thing.) The silly thing is, I'm still not the most organized person. There are stacks of papers sitting on my kitchen table. Dust bunnies live on the top of my fridge. Y ...more
Liz
It felt a little disorganized for a book about organization--particularly the last few chapters on organizing each room of the house where there was a lot of repeated material.

That said, there are so many fabulous tips in here, some new to me and some that I found out myself through experimentation. I wish I had had this book when first starting up a household. In particular, I loved her 7 day plan for packing for a family trip, which I immediately copied into my current packing list spreadsheet
Sheree
I am a proffessional organizer and this book has some great tips. I have shared this book with many of my clients.
Melony Merten
I've read a lot of books about organizing and this was by far my favorite!!! I would recommend to anyone!
Mary
Keep in mind as I write this review, I have read hundreds of organizing books, and so I can't help but compare it to its competition. As an organizing book goes, it was fairly simple, and didn't contain anything brilliant or out of the ordinary. In fact, it would probably make a good first organizing book for someone with normal busy lives, but not a good book for someone in a crisis. It does pay homage and special attention to the needs of a busy mom (things I know nothing about, mind you). For ...more
Robin
Has a few good tips in it. It was a quick read at least. Most of it is common sense stuff though and it is a bit repetitive.
Carolyn
Liked the lay-out of this book and the information was easy to access. Lillard offers some good nuggets for organization and this book would likely be a gold-mine to someone brand new to the genre. However, Lillard's advice felt rigid and I found myself being annoyed at her. Skimmed the second half. Also, and I hope I don't offend any friends, but I hate hate hate Babywise and she has her own version of this which completely bugged me.
Martha
Generally, I liked this book. It's very simply organized and there isn't any clutter in the book itself, which is cool. The most useful chapters are probably the ones for moms organizing babies and kids on a schedule. The rest of the chapters are pretty simplistic and repetitive, along the lines of "you shouldn't have a cluttered hall closet, only things that go in the hall closet should be in the hall closet.", etc.
Heidi
This was a great little book. It is just over 162 pages, but has lots of pictures, chart and diagrams. It didn't take long to read, I got it done in one afternoon. It has a ton of tips, schedule ideas and recommendations for helping you maintain some sanity in the craziness of life. It has practical, real solutions for every room of the house.
Erin
This was a very broad book about how to be an organized mom. It talks about organizing your home, preparing for trips, even having an organized Christmas and a good schedule to put a baby on. It also goes over time management. The ideas weren't new to me, but gave me some good reminders.
Krystal
There were several things/ideas I already do which made me feel like I'm already doing a good job, but there were some additional ideas that were very worthwhile! I recommend this book to anyone who feels like they need a few extra guidelines to get organized!
Amy
I am LOVING this little book so far,and I've hardly read it. I think I'll get a lot of info and it juts makes sense. I've looked through a lot of organizing books, but the systems were too much for me. This seems sensible, and of course, it's for a Mom! :-)
Carrie
Summer is my time to organize, so I like to re-read one or two of my favorite organizational books to inspire me. I've read this one a couple of times now and am ready to pass it on, but it has a few good, practical ideas.
Catherine
I'm sure this would have been a great book for those who are organizationally challenged. But I am a very anal organizer, so it was old news to me. I didn't learn a thing that I could implement, as I am already living the book.
Terra
What I learned from this book at the time I read it was that I am pretty well organized. That made me very happy. Since then, I have added a child making me a mother of 4 now..... might have to go back and reread it!
Meagan
It was simple. An unorganized person needs that. It didn't offer tons a fresh ideas, but did motivate me to make some changes. the format is good for referencing when you have a question later on.
The irony that I couldn't read this book for weeks because I couldn't locate it, is not lost on me. A good organization book for working moms, but I think I may be a lost cause.
Andrienne
Had some suprisingly useful tips grouped by areas of the house. It offered a lot of tips for stay-at-home moms or moms in general for dealing with time management.
Noelle
Some useful tips. Some "duh, why didn't I think of that" and some "you've got to be kidding me! That's so simple. Doesn't every woman do that?"
Angie
On my quest to make my life more organized and less cluttered, this book has been more helpful than anything I've read yet.
Joni
A cute, simple, useful book, full of practical advice (except the section on scheduling babies, which is completely useless).
Sunshine Moore
Not ground-breaking. Not particularly inspiring. Not really anything new and different. Not really extensive.
Heather
If you really have no idea how to organize your house this might help otherwise it had a few useful tips.
Brenda
Jul 27, 2011 Brenda added it
Shelves: organization
A good general book about organizing. Definitely geared to moms. Nothing groundbreaking however.
Johyne'
So far, I like it! A great, concise look at becoming organized now that you're a mom.
Jenna Schaefer
Very simple to read and laid out neatly as one would expect from an organization book.
Got some great ideas, but was looking for more.
Elaine Pasky
Did not finish.
Julie
Not very helpful
  • Organizing Plain & Simple: A Ready Reference Guide with Hundreds of Solutions to Your Everyday Clutter Challenges
  • Houseworks: Cut the Clutter, Speed Your Cleaning, and Calm the Chaos
  • The House That Cleans Itself: Creative Solutions for a Clean and Orderly House in Less Time Than You Can Imagine
  • Time Management Tips, Tools & Techniques: Learn the most important time management skills for personal life and career success
  • How To Be The Perfect Housewife: Lessons in the art of modern household management
  • The Clutter Diet: The Skinny on Organizing Your Home and Taking Control of Your Life
  • Organizing for Your Brain Type: Finding Your Own Solution to Managing Time, Paper, and Stuff
  • One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good
  • Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living
  • Is There Life After Housework?: A Revolutionary Approach to Cutting Your Cleaning Time by 75%
  • Clutter Rehab: 101 Tips and Tricks to Become an Organization Junkie and Love It!
  • Organize Now!: A Week-By-Week Guide to Simplify Your Space and Your Life!
  • Organizing for the Creative Person: Right-Brain Styles for Conquering Clutter, Mastering Time, and Reaching Your Goals
  • Unclutter Your Life in One Week
  • When Organizing Isn't Enough: Shed Your Stuff, Change Your Life
  • Living Organized: Proven Steps for a Clutter-Free and Beautiful Home
  • Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook: The Essential Guide to Caring for Everything in Your Home
  • The UnWired Mom
Absolutely Organize Your Family A Mom's Guide to Home Organization: Simple Solutions to Control Clutter, Schedules and Stress A Mom's Guide to Home Organization: Simple Solutions to Control Clutter, Schedules and Stress Absolutely Organize Your Family: Simple Solutions to Control Clutter, Schedules & Spaces