Start by marking “The Art of Effortless Living” as Want to Read:
The Art of Effortless Living

The Art of Effortless Living

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Most of us believe that in order to achieve anything worthwhile, whether in our careers, family life, health or even on the sports field, we have to work hard and apply a lot of effort. In fact, just the opposite is true. In The Art of Effortless Living, Dr. Ingrid Bacci offers compelling evidence that the most productive, creative and healthiest individuals are those who ...more
Published June 3rd 2002 by Bantam (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Effortless Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Effortless Living

Dominique
Jun 20, 2010 Dominique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've recommened this to anyone I know with bodily pain or dis-ease. This book helped me through a time when I had let who I was waiver because of someone else's expectations of me. I started to see it manifest in me physically. No one says it better than Ingrid! Sign up for her newsletters on her website.
Janet
This book is essentially more advice on how to remain balanced and centered in your own right and not letting other people or situations take away your power. Always good to be reminded of this....
Tamilazhagan Raju
The single book that changed by perspective about life. it appeared when was looking for direction. very much part of me now.
Suzanne
Jun 07, 2014 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books I have read in years. I highly recommend it.
Jami
Feb 12, 2008 Jami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
regardless of the badly-designed cheesy self-help-looking cover, this book is anything but. this is my number one book for awhile yet. if i could, i'd give this book to everyone i know that is interested in the art of being. take what you need from it and leave whatever's too far out for you.

i'd be willing to swap it but i want to read it again.
fiona
Sep 13, 2007 fiona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i recommend this book to anyone who is interested in understanding themselves and others better.alot of the ideas are ones i was already familiar with but the author just pulls it all togther and makes you believe in them more.
Andrea
Jun 23, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not only does the author talk about her own personal experience of changing her life, but she gives you tools on how to work on your own. The tools are very simple, but they are quite profound. Great book!
Sarah Pearsall
Oct 02, 2012 Sarah Pearsall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an outstanding piece of literature. It made you think about how you think and how you can change it to improve you health and really live an effortless lifestyle. I loved it!
Sharon
Sep 16, 2015 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poignantly urgent and transformative. The kind of wakeup that you didn't even knew you needed; thank you Ingrid, you are a visionary!
Ross Bishop
Ingrid's understanding of the human physical condition is remarkable. Her insights are well worth reading.
Katie
Jan 09, 2008 Katie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What was I thinking?
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Parag Shivanekar
Parag Shivanekar marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Will Jackson
Will Jackson is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2016
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Ana Ferreira
Ana Ferreira is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2016
Kaelah
Kaelah marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Regina Roche
Regina Roche marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Joy Slater
Joy Slater marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Roshni
Roshni marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Haleema
Haleema marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
David
David rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2015
DrCatherine
DrCatherine is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2015
Rowan Chestnut
Rowan Chestnut marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Carmen Balanuca
Carmen Balanuca rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Stacey-Ann
Stacey-Ann rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Life Disrupted: Getting Real About Chronic Illness in Your Twenties and Thirties
  • Your Body Speaks Your Mind: Decoding the Emotional, Psychological, and Spiritual Messages That Underlie Illness
  • How to Know God: The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali
  • Prakriti: Your Ayurvedic Constitution
  • Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times
  • Yoga and Ayurveda: Self-Healing and Self-Realization
  • Kundalini Yoga
  • La Princesse de Montpensier
  • How to Cook Your Life: From the Zen Kitchen to Enlightenment
  • Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired: Living with Invisible Chronic Illness
  • Chronic Pain: Finding Hope in the Midst of Suffering
  • Food As Medicine: How to Use Diet, Vitamins, Juices, and Herbs for a Healthier, Happier, and Longer Life
  • Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind
  • Chronic Resilience: 10 Sanity-Saving Strategies for Women Coping with the Stress of Illness
  • Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain: The Practice of Informed Touch
  • Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain
  • Somatics: Reawakening The Mind's Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health
  • Don't Bother Me Mom--I'm Learning!: How Computer and Video Games are Preparing Your Kids for 21st Century Success - and How You Can Help!