Start by marking “The Third Terrorist: The Middle East Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing” as Want to Read:
The Third Terrorist: The Middle East Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing

The Third Terrorist: The Middle East Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing

Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were not the lone conspirators in the Oklahoma City bombing-the attack that killed nearly 170 people in a few short seconds. They were part of a greater scheme, one which involved Islamic terrorists and at least one provable link to Iraq. This book, written by the relentless reporter who first broke the story of the Mideast connection, is ...more
Published March 6th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Third Terrorist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Third Terrorist

Libby (Streed's Reads)
Jun 29, 2013 Libby (Streed's Reads) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Historians, History Majors, Rescue Workers, Journalists, Terrorism Studies Majors, True Crime Fans
***SpoilerAlert***"The April 19, 1995, bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Building became the 20th century's deadliest act of terrorism on U.S. soil" (pg. 23). The same day, "CBS News reported that eight organizations contacted the FBI, professing responsibility for the heartland strike." (pg. 32). It was from this angle that Jayna Davis began her investigation. "The Third Terrorist: the Middle East Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing," was written to communicate her position--that the United S ...more
Steven Wilson
This was both a fascinating and informative as well as incredibly frustrating book to read. Jayna Davis bravely investigates the middle eastern links to the Oklahoma City bombing of the Murrah building and does an excellent job proving her case - a case that held up in court. She listened to the many, many witnesses who saw "John Doe #2" with Tim McVeigh as well as other middle eastern men, and coroborated their stories via other witness testimony. She continuously documents the failure of the F ...more
Joe
Jul 03, 2009 Joe rated it really liked it
Written by a reporter, who just wasn't convinced that the "whole" story was coming out about the Oklahoma City bombing, Jayna Davis went looking for the answers we all should have gotten. She found the other story. The one where you keep shaking your head and saying, "why didn't the FBI, or somebody official tell me this???"
Through meticulously corroborated research, Ms Davis has shown us, not only a possible alternative explanation, but the one that makes the most sense. She doesn't just spe
Nathan
May 14, 2007 Nathan rated it really liked it
A fascinating book about the events, the prime suspects, and the people associated with the Oklahoma City Bombing. I enjoy books about conspiricies, although I take conspiricy books with a grain of salt. It is written by an Oklahoma news reporter who doggedly investigated the identity of John Doe #2 for 10 years after the fact. Many people forget that John Doe #2 dissolved into obscurity months after the bombing. She interviewed every witness that had seen and known Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nic ...more
Francha
Feb 26, 2013 Francha rated it really liked it
Fascinating and well sourced. A bit of snippiness crept in and weakened the credibility of Davis. However, she did convince me that there is a whole part of this story most Americans have not heard.
Joe
Mar 03, 2007 Joe rated it really liked it
Jayna Davis, a reporter for a local Oklahoma City TV news station, tracks down John Doe 2, who it turns out is an Iraqi national. Every piece of her report is meticulously documented and coroborated with affidavidts from multiple sources. It leaves other bigger picture questions looming however, such as: what was the reason the FBI stonewalled the investigation and why was the news station investigation and all reporting on the subject shut down after the independent station is bought out by the ...more
Greg
Apr 02, 2011 Greg rated it it was amazing
This book gives very convincing evidence of a middle-eastern connection to the Oklahoma City bombing. It also provides ample evidence of cover ups by the FBI, CIA and most of Congress. It convinced me that the story we have been told isn't fully accurate.

The only criticism I have of the book is that at times it becomes boring due to the author's concern for providing EVERY possible detail to prove her case.
Crystal
Aug 23, 2009 Crystal rated it really liked it
I am relieved to be finished with reading this because it is frustrating to know our government failed to act appropriately again and again prior to the Murrah Building bombing and still after. It is stunning and sad to know how our media is bought and manipulated into squashing the truth and keeping us in the dark. This makes true that national politics trump national security.
Christiaan
Feb 23, 2013 Christiaan rated it it was amazing
A fantastic exposé, revealing deeply concerning and riveting details about the OKC bombing. Jayna Davis has done a service to her country and the victims of the attack by probing the glaring disparities within the attack's federal case, and the troubling details swept under the rug by investigators.
Becky
Mar 31, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is troubling, to say the least. Investigative reporter Jayna Davis looks deeper into the Oklahoma City bombing and finds a Middle East Connection. At the time of the bombing, our government was quick to deny this. This book is objective and thorough. The foreword is was written by David P. Schippers, Former Chief Investigative Counsel of the House Judiciary Committee.
Joshua Embrey
Jul 10, 2008 Joshua Embrey rated it really liked it
This book lends further credence to my belief about a greater scope of involvement.
Lisa
Jan 18, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it
Good content but the writing is so overdone that it is hard to read/listen to. Almost every noun has an adjective and verb an adverb; a thesaurus was definitely involved. The research and work done by Jayna Davis was amazing and she sold me on the probably involvement of a third terrorist. I think it would have been even more convincing and effective had it been written in a more mature manner.
David
Dec 05, 2007 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in Oklahoma City bombing or terorism
Fascinating story by a local NBC reporter in Oklahoma City about what she discovered in investigating the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building, and the refusal of the FBI to follow-up on her leads.
Joey
Jun 07, 2008 Joey rated it it was ok
Pretty interesting read...a bit drawn out at times.
Mrs.
Apr 27, 2010 Mrs. rated it liked it
Scared the pants off me!
Alexandra
Sep 08, 2007 Alexandra rated it really liked it
I'm not big on conspiracy stories, but I believe this one.
Mmac19
Oct 01, 2012 Mmac19 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating. Eye opener.
Anna
Jul 10, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing
Bill Clinton shut down the FBI investigation into the ME connection to the OK City bombing. Davis did an amazing investigation. Had Clinton done his job instead of trying to avoid taking responsibility it's possible 9/11 could have been prevented.

Clinton's are CRAVEN. I followed up this book with Shipper's book "Sellout". He helped Jayna get this story out to the public.

Gripping story I read this book in two days.
Ben Denison
Ben Denison rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Carl Wells
Carl Wells rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2015
Jtfreeman
Jtfreeman rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Tim Patterson
Tim Patterson rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Brady Longmore
Brady Longmore rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2014
Erich
Erich rated it it was ok
May 23, 2014
Jon Casey Sauer
Jon Casey Sauer rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Clint
Clint rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2017
W
W rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Cara Ellison
Cara Ellison rated it liked it
May 14, 2011
Kathie Lind
Kathie Lind rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Kennedy Conspiracy
  • Who Killed Daniel Pearl?
  • The Trillion-Dollar Conspiracy: How the New World Order, Man-Made Diseases, and Zombie Banks Are Destroying America
  • Ghost Plane: The True Story of the CIA Torture Program
  • The Secret War with Iran: The 30-Year Clandestine Struggle Against the World's Most Dangerous Terrorist Power
  • Islamic Imperialism: A History
  • Patriot of Persia: Muhammad Mossadegh and a Tragic Anglo-American Coup
  • The Brilliant Disaster: JFK, Castro, and America's Doomed Invasion of Cuba's Bay of Pigs
  • The Hopkins Touch: Harry Hopkins and the Forging of the Alliance to Defeat Hitler
  • The Boys on the Tracks: Death, Denial, and a Mother's Crusade to Bring Her Son's Killers to Justice
  • Death of a Dissident: The Poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko and the Return of the KGB
  • The Rainborowes: One Family's Quest to Build a New England