Start by marking “Three Terrible Trins” as Want to Read:
Three Terrible Trins

Three Terrible Trins

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Within the walls and under the floorboards of Orchard Farmhouse live three mischievous mouse brothers (a.k.a. the trins) who create constant commotion. "With his customary panache, King-Smith grabs the reader's attention from his opening sentence. And, sustaining his understated wit and rollicking pace throughout this breezy novel, the author never loosens his grip."--Publ ...more
Published April 29th 1997 by Yearling (first published March 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Three Terrible Trins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Terrible Trins

Erin
This was a charming story of three brother mice and their thrice-widowed mother mouse. Mrs. Gray decides that her three sons are not going to go the way of her former three husbands, and the three mouse boys are courageous and strong. But I love that they're not just brawny mice. They're also clever and daring in the ways they try to get the cat out of the house, and they are also accepting of Kevin, the cellar-mouse. In short, they are very upstanding mice. King-Smith really hammers the accepta ...more
Chris
Nov 16, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing
It was a very enjoyable, funny and really well-written children's novel. It had really well done illustrations, great characters, very good humor and a very good story. I haven't read this book since it was published in 1994. It's one of the best and shortest Dick King-Smith books I've ever read in my whole life. It should be really enjoy for children and adults alike.
Miss Amanda
gr 3-5 103pgs

Fantasy, mice. After Mrs. Gray's husband is eaten by the cat, she is determined to raise her triplets ("trins"): Richard, Henry, and Thomas to be cat fighters.

Cynthia Egbert
Aug 08, 2015 Cynthia Egbert rated it liked it
Even mice can be empowered with a wee bit of hard work, exercise, and awareness. This one is adorable and could lead to some great discussions with children.
Chrisann Justice
Jan 10, 2015 Chrisann Justice rated it it was amazing
I discovered Dick King Smith's books when looking for chapter books to read to Joseph and Alex. We loved every single one we read together!
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Easy and quick read good for the grade 2+. Filled with and adventures of mice.
Rea
My younger brother enjoyed this one more than I did (I was more partial to Horse Pie). It could be that this particular story is aimed more at young boys rather than young girls, or it could just have been my own personal tastes.

However, we did read this one several times together, and it certainly went down very well with him.
Tricia
Aug 15, 2012 Tricia rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Isabelle picked this one out. I thought it might be good because it is by the same author as Babe. This has been such a fun read and all the kids are loving it.

Ok, so this was a fun book. I enjoyed reading it to the kids enough that I wanted to know more as much as they did. Definitely one I would recommend. Nice, short read.
Josiah
May 25, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
The plot to this book is often humorous, with an antagonist who is very easy to rally against, and there are some very deftly-written moments to it. Dick King-Smith has done a commendable job in the creation of this story.
Clare
May 07, 2015 Clare rated it it was amazing
It's a funny, interesting and creative story. It also include a little bit love story. If you don't afraid mouse, then you should take a look this book:)
Yz
Apr 21, 2012 Yz rated it liked it
A nice book. The plot was engaging, and the writing was unusually hilarious.

Visit my site: http://disappointmentsea.blogspot.com/ for more reviews!
Bob
Jul 10, 2010 Bob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recommend this book to younger children. I loved it when i was 5 and when i read it years later i found it boring.
Avalon
Apr 24, 2009 Avalon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: easy-readers
The mice know how to keep the cats out of the house so they will stay alive and will have a happy home.
Elanor
Oct 27, 2009 Elanor rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book when I was little! I had forgotten about it till now, tho.
Apr 10, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
Fun quick read...good vs. evil, good overcoming evil, humor
Michelle
funny-cute little story about farm life with cats
Debbie
mouse story
michelle waite
michelle waite is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2016
Zoe
Zoe rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Cortni Mullin
Cortni Mullin rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
miranda birchler
miranda birchler marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Mary Phillips
Mary Phillips marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Gemma Nguyen
Gemma Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Zane
Zane marked it as to-read
Jameson Haslam
Jameson Haslam marked it as to-read
Anna
Anna added it
Mohamed
Mohamed marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
  • There's an Owl in the Shower
  • Twist of Gold
  • The Bookstore Mouse
  • The Oaken Throne (The Deptford Histories, #2)
  • The Middle of Somewhere
  • The Trail Home (Pine Hollow, #2)
  • Not That I Care (Friendship Ring, #3)
  • Tall Tales
  • Sierra (Spirit of the West, #2)
  • The Black Tower (Herculeah Jones Mysteries, #7)
  • Spying on Miss Muller
  • Shoebag
  • A Bear Named Trouble
  • The Mitchells: Five for Victory
  • The Bill Martin Jr Big Book of Poetry
  • How to Be Cool in the Third Grade
  • Faradawn (The Fog Mound)
  • Akimbo and the Snakes
Dick King-Smith was born and raised in Gloucestershire, England, surrounded by pet animals. After twenty years as a farmer, he turned to teaching and then to writing children's books.

Dick writes mostly about animals: farmyard fantasy, as he likes to call it, often about pigs, his special favorites. He enjoys writing for children, meeting the children who read his books, and knowing that they get
More about Dick King-Smith...