Start by marking “La Seduccion de La Cristianidad” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
La Seduccion de La Cri...

Dave Hunt

La Seduccion de La Cristianidad

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  170 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Examina los peligros que hay en la practica de creencias extrabiblicas como el pensamiento positivo, la curacion de recuerdos, las filosofias de autoayuda y la medicina holista. [Deals with the dangerous extrabiblical practices that are influencing Christian today.]
Published July 1st 1988 by Portavoz (first published June 1985)

To ask other readers questions about La Seduccion de La Cristianidad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Seduccion de La Cristianidad

Eric T.
Aug 24, 2009 Eric T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Much needed warning to the church both 25 years ago, when it was written, and even more so today. Please read it. It may be hard for many to read due to a tendency toward information overload; but bare with it. If the author didn't provide all the evidence that he did, what he has to say would be written off, by even more people, as having been written by a crazy old heretic hunter. Well worth the read, even if you disagree you will be more informed and have better mental discipline for having r ...more
John Lipton
Sep 01, 2010 John Lipton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up again while on vacation. It's interesting to see how much the perspectives presented in the book have their outcome in the contemporary church, but more so in modern American society. The influence of unorthodox practices, some occult, some pagan/shamanistic, on the contemporary church is not to be ignored.
Of particular interest to me is the expression of what I'd call hyper post-millennialism. The post-millennial viewpoint was commonly held at the beginning of the 20th C
Beth
Mar 20, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since it's been a while since I've read this book, I should think about reading it again because of the turning of so many believers from biblical teaching to run after "new" ideas. Pastors & full-time missionaries are finding solace in other books written by men & changing their ways of thinking instead of letting the real foundation be the Word of God. They are examining the Word of God by men's words instead of examining men's words by God's word.
Janet Mueller
Aug 08, 2012 Janet Mueller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My sister, Joyce Mohr, recommended this book. Since that time, I have purchased & read nearly every book written by Dave Hunt or Thomas A. McMahon. I began to read their monthly publication, "The Berean Call" (free) & have reprints on file, for reference, going back to their beginning. An issue in the mail continues to stir my heart.
Chrismpadgett Padgett
When I read this many years ago I really like it. I was a Protestant and this seemed to focus on some areas that I needed to hear about. Since then I have grown to really find Hunt to be an extreme author who has no consideration for Catholicism. I would never recommend his books.
Sharon
Sep 27, 2010 Sharon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stay away from this book. It was a witch-hunt of people of God. I suppose there were a few correct observations. This is the kind of book that makes you suspicious of everyone, and I believe it brought a lot of needless division to the body of Christ. Not good.
Andrew
Psychology is the new religion and the gateway that mysticism is using to become " scientific" and so be accepted by the Christian church.
Jody
Oct 04, 2008 Jody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference-books
Everyone should read this book especially those that call themselves Christians!
G. Jorge Medina
Oct 03, 2013 G. Jorge Medina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prophetic. So much of what Hunt warned about has come to pass in apostate Christianity.
Adam Ross
Apr 02, 2009 Adam Ross rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Just awful.
Sah Angoluan
Oct 28, 2014 Sah Angoluan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Okay, first I thought this book is really interesting (reading the first chapters from 1 to 4) then the criticism to many things happens; without laying concrete evidence about why he is against this or concrete evidence or arguments that his claims are true. Then I realize the authors are using ad absurdum to its claims like always conjuncting such phenomenon to Satan, really I know you hate Satan but firstly lay some foundations. And since then I thought that the authors are just blabbering ab ...more
Annie
This is one of the books that began my movement away from the fundamentalist church. Ridiculous for any thinking person, particularly those who have read any serious books on theology. Hidden threats and danger everywhere. Fear is the center of this book. Nothing about the redemptive love of God and His plan for all of us. Don't bother.
Royce Ratterman
Apr 13, 2016 Royce Ratterman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall, a good book for the researcher and enthusiast.
Read for personal research.
I found this book's contents helpful and inspiring - number rating relates to the book's contribution to my needs.
Bob Dijk
Very bad book, influenced as it is by dispensationalism and biased againt Christian Reconstruction.
Read the rebuttal: Reduction of Christianity and the theology of cultural surrender of Dave Hunt
Debi
Aug 26, 2015 Debi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eye-opening book to how much New Age and occultism has crept into the church under "Christianized" ideas. And this book was published in 1985! How much worse it's gotten in the last 30 years!
Vicki
Very helpful in my early Christian years in not being sucked into false teaching, whereby new age and mysticism is mixed with Christian teaching.
Karla
Mar 24, 2010 Karla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit witch hunt like, but that was all the rage, when this book was written. Still, it has some very good information.
Daniel
Feb 04, 2013 Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed, and contrary to writing on Amazon, it was not anti-Catholic at all. Not even in the slightest.
Mimi
Oct 16, 2008 Mimi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting at times but began to drone on and on...
Chad
Aug 15, 2009 Chad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty good book...a little repetitive and hard to understand at times
Daniel Kleven
Daniel Kleven rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Victor Hugo
Victor Hugo marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
David Addiss
David Addiss marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Alysheba Yashra'Al
Alysheba Yashra'Al marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Tofunmi Tofunmi
Tofunmi Tofunmi marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Meeka Johnakin
Meeka Johnakin marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Wioletta
Wioletta rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
  • The Secret of Happiness
  • Leaving Islam: Apostates Speak Out
  • Prophetic Untimeliness: A Challenge to the Idol of Relevance
  • Irregular People
  • The Evolution of a Creationist: A Layman's Guide to the Conflict Between the Bible and Evolutionary Theory
  • With Christ in the School of Prayer