Start by marking “Underworld (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #3)” as Want to Read:
Underworld (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #3)

Underworld (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  704 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
For use in schools and libraries only. When the Emperor takes control of the Jedi Temple and everything inside of it, Ferus Olin, a disgraced Jedi apprentice, and his street kid partner, Trever, must plunge into the depths of Coruscant to save the Temple.
Published December 1st 2005 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Underworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Underworld

Cole Burgett
It was only a matter of time before Kenobi had to recede to the fringes of the planet with the twin suns, and Jude Watson has done a wonderful job of finding a way to reintroduce Ferus Olin to the now-defunct Star Wars canon. And while Olin is a great protagonist in his own right, this book really suffers from the lack of Kenobi. However, to counterbalance Olin's own efforts, Watson has moved into place the character of Malorum, an Imperial Inquisitor who is infinitely more developed, and is an ...more
Sissi
Aug 21, 2015 Sissi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
I was a bit concerned about the lesser role of Obi-wan in this volume, since I started reading this series way back then actually only for him.
But it worked out so well that I am really looking forward to read the next book.
Ferus and Trever function very very well as independent characters and I love the connections Jude Watson continues to draw to Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest, as well as, the insights we get into what is left of the Jedi and the temple.
Serene
May 30, 2015 Serene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The series takes a huge nosedive with the departure of Obi-Wan Kenobi. I understand that the series follows Ferus' adventures, but the change in narrative perspectives and character prominence from the previous books are a bit jarring. I'm biased though - Obi-Wan was the whole reason I started reading this, and I find my interest has wandered off with him.
Jaime
Apr 22, 2016 Jaime rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a 3.25 stars.

Ferus and Trevor are on Coruscant to look for an imprisoned Jedi. But they uncover secrets that the Empire has spread about the Temple. It's not a prison - it's a trap. The two come face-to-face with Vader and it is definitely strange the Sith let them go. I just think Anakin was beyond shocked to see someone from his past.

The two learn of the Erased, a group of Republic supporters, who are able to erase records of a person's existence, allowing them to efficiently disappea
Jerome
Jan 06, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good addition to the series, with complicated, well-drawn characters. Ferus Olin infiltrates the Jedi temple upon hearing rumors of a Jedi being held prisoner there by the emperor. Later Dexter Jettster reveals to them the existence of a group called “the Erased,” made up of people dissatisfied with the Empire.
Brendan
I enjoyed this book more than others in the series or by Watson previously. I found it easier to read and it flowed better. I think the thing that bothered me most was some of the poor thinking displayed by characters who should be smarter than that.
Angela
Our hero goes to the remains of the jedi temple to find other jedi. He ends up searching the underworld for any remaining jedi. This is a decent, fast moving story, and it is interesting to see how the Empire has affected people. A good read.
Barb
I know it's part of a series but it's not a stand-alone book. It ends with a cliffhanger. :-(
Christine (AR)
The action moves to ex-padawan Ferus Olan and 13 year-old Trevor as they go back to Coruscant to rescue possible Jedi survivors.

I missed Obi-Wan (only a cameo!) but as usual for this series so far, Watson doesn't miss a thing. The fall-out of the Jedi massacre is heart-breaking, with one unbelievably moving image in the Temple that is worthy of a movie in itself. My kids loved it, too. Book 4!
Victor Orozco
Interesting story considering that it was pretty short. Kenobi is not in it but its clear by now that this is Ferus Olin's story. Tragic in finding out what had happened to the Jedi Temple as well as to Obi-Wan's alien-like Ernest Borgnine friend Dexter. C+
Vincent Louis
I never read this book. I never even knew it existed. How it got onto my shelf is a mystery and the bigger mystery is that I can't remove it. Please don't judge me by the presence of this book on my shelf.
Suzy Platt
Jul 19, 2014 Suzy Platt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: joshua
My 9 year old son loved this book. He said it described the characters really well.
Meadow Frisbie
The Last of the Jedi have a been an interesting extention from the original saga.
Gage Crooks
Dec 06, 2015 Gage Crooks marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have not read it but I'd like to know it Dexter has a roll in the book?
Eric Paganini
Jul 03, 2011 Eric Paganini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this by far is one of the best in the series.
Corey B
Corey B marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Lindz
Lindz rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
arin
arin marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Darryl Dobbs
Darryl Dobbs rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Mitchell
Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Mishy
Mishy added it
Apr 19, 2016
Tiffanie
Tiffanie marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Andrew Hodgson
Andrew Hodgson rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Dustin Johnson
Dustin Johnson rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Bryson
Bryson marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
JJ
JJ rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Kieran Hummel
Kieran Hummel marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Heather Davidson
Heather Davidson rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
  • Pursuit (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #6)
  • Promises (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Anakin's Quest (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #4)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • Hostage (Star Wars: Rebel Force #2)
  • Eaten Alive (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #1)
  • The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
  • Queen of the Empire (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #5)
  • Jedi Bounty (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #10)

Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi (10 books)
  • The Desperate Mission (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #1)
  • Dark Warning (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #2)
  • Death on Naboo (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #4)
  • A Tangled Web (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #5)
  • Return of the Dark Side (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #6)
  • Secret Weapon (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #7)
  • Against the Empire (Star Wars: Last of the Jedi, #8)
  • Master of Deception (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #9)
  • Reckoning (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #10)