Start by marking “Exploring the Night Sky: The Equinox Astronomy Guide for Beginners” as Want to Read:
Exploring the Night Sky: The Equinox Astronomy Guide for Beginners

Exploring the Night Sky: The Equinox Astronomy Guide for Beginners

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Exploring the Night Sky is aimed at novice star gazers anxious to expand their astronomical repertoire beyond the Big and Little Dippers. Dickinson has designed a superb introduction to astronomy that is clear, concise, beautifully illustrated, and very "user friendly" no matter what the child's age.
Published February 1st 1987 by Firefly Books

To ask other readers questions about Exploring the Night Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exploring the Night Sky

Stephen
Feb 08, 2008 Stephen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
As my friends (Kaedyn & Kyle) know, grandma takes the grandkids out for their birthday. Makenzie wanted to go to the Planitarium, and see a star show. They talked me in to going with them. It was great, and after we spent almopst an hour at the gift shop.
I bought this book for myself. I learned so much about space and the stars, and solar systems. It is like they go on nad on and have no end!
This is a small book, only 72 pages, but it has good pictures, and helps me understand what is out th
Namiko
Nov 17, 2013 Namiko added it
Since I'm not good at numbers (I cannot do math) it is very hard to understand how big, long it is, but the illustrations help me a lot. Astronomy is interesting but I found it difficult to understand. I cannot be Benjamin Banneker but I can be a stargazer. This book encouraged me that I can see some major stars and constellations even though in cities. I just learned to use my hand "ruler" to measure sky distances and so what I need now is "a dim flashlight and reclining lawn chair."
Paul
I read this book in third grade. I remember reading a few books about astronomy similar to this one around the same time but this was easily the best of them. It was very interesting and it had some amazing illustrations.
Louis Brunet
Louis Brunet marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Aug 03, 2014
Troublesome
Troublesome marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
zola
zola marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Resa
Resa marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Hemanth Reddy
Hemanth Reddy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
BK
BK added it
Jun 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Terence Dickinson is a prolific science writer specializing in astronomy. More than one million copies of his 14 books are in print in five languages. His best-known book, NightWatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe, is widely regarded as the essential guidebook for beginning stargazers. NightWatch, first published in 1983, now has over 600,000 copies in print, making it the top-selling ...more
More about Terence Dickinson...
Nightwatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe The Backyard Astronomer's Guide Hubble's Universe: Greatest Discoveries and Latest Images The Universe and Beyond Extraterrestrials: A Field Guide for Earthlings