Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #11)” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #11)

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 (Fullmetal Alchemist #11)

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  4,310 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Ed returns to Resembool and meets his father Hohenheim for the first time in many years. Although his father is happy to see him, Ed harbors intense feelings of resentment for being all but abandoned many years ago. However, anger gives way to intrigue as Ed and Al discover an important fact about the human transmutation ritual they attempted years before. What they though ...more
Published January 16th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 22nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
good manga
79th out of 453 books — 171 voters
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaBlack Butler, Vol. 01 by Yana TobosoFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 27 by Hiromu ArakawaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 06 by Hiromu ArakawaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 23 by Hiromu Arakawa
My Graphic Novels and Manga
16th out of 89 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie (Books and Katie)
"The truth is cruel but justified."

Review:

Ed and Al are getting another lead on their search for the philosopher's stone, as well as whether or not they can use it to get their bodies back. Ed also uncovers the truth about the being that he and Al transmuted 4 years ago. This also leads to the revelation their teacher has, when this news is shared with her.

I think what I enjoyed most about this book was seeing the selflessness of both Ed and Al. They are truly remarkable people.

Overall, I would
Sarah Sammis
Volume 11 of Fullmetal Alchemistby Hiromu Arakawa nearly coincides with the end of Brotherhood Part 2. Now that the Elric brothers and their friends in the military are beginning to know the truth behind the current mess in Central, they want to take action. To that, though, they need to better understand the enemy.

Ed learns the truth behind human transmutation and while it's a painful lesson, it does bring some comfort. Death is final even if you try to pay the ultimate price.

Havoc pays a price
earthy
Thanks to an argument with his dad, Ed learns a horrific truth about what he and Al transmuted the night they tried to bring their mom back. Winry begins to realize they're all growing up, and Havoc has a hard time dealing with the aftermath of his fight with Lust. Lin, Lanfan, Ed, Al, and Roy all work together to capture a hommunculus, with disastrous results.

Fun Ed x Winry interaction, and once again, Roy's conversations with his posse are great.
Mrs W
Dec 21, 2014 Mrs W rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Some interesting twists in this volume, mostly inspired by the brief return of Ed’s and Al’s father. Ed uncovers a new fact about transmutation that offers hope for his quest to return him and his brother to their original bodies, leading him in a new direction. This is good, as Al is beginning to lose faith and accept the unpredictability of his own situation and mortality. Mustang confronts the cost of his own crusade in the face of Havoc’s paralysis, making his own determination to explore th ...more
Jenn Dattilo Watts
Volume 11 contains chapters 42, 43, 44, & 45 of the manga.

Personal favorites in this volume include: Ed quickly braiding his hair when Hohenheim said they had the same look; Winry & Al laughing at Ling being a prince; Envy being Envy (can't help it, just love him), Ed's ability to be the stubborn, unstoppable force that he is; hehehe the image May has of Ed; Major Armstrong's sparkles; Ed running all over town with Al waving fans behind him trying to attract Scar's attention; and the hi
Joe Malley
Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 11 is just one of the many great books to an amazing series. Like every other book in this series, there is a mixture of action scenes and plotting scenes, with the occasional sad scene. You won’t be disappointed with this book. For one, the action helps move the plot far along the timeline. Another is the slow parts where the people in the book are plotting their moves.
While reading through this book, it seemed like it was never ending. The slow, non-action parts made t
Bitsy
Confrontation! If volume 11 was going to have a one word title that would be it. This entire volume in the Fullmetal Alchemist series deals with various characters finally confronting some demons whether real, imagined, imminent or distant. Edward confronts his father on abandoning him, his mother and his younger brother ten years ago. His father confronts Edward about the human transmutation he attempted and Ed and Al’s decision to burn down the house. Colonel Mustang and his officers confront ...more
Federiken Masters
Feb 25, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Todo el mundo.
Recommended to Federiken by: Lo mismo
Nuevamente Arakawa no pide ni da cuartel. Si en tomos anteriores me quejaba de que no cazaba muy bien para dónde iba la cosa, acá me callo la boca. La espera valió la pena y tanto las preguntas que se responden en esta etapa de la serie tomo como las nuevas que se formulan me dejaron perplejo, en el sentido más emocionante y disfrutable de todos. Si en tomo anteriores me quejaba de que no sabía para que estaban los personajes nuevos, acá me lo voy respondiendo con aprobación, y además celebro cu ...more
Annerooo
Don't know if I saw chapter 41 in the anime and forgot about it or if I missed the episode. It's basically the flashback of what truly happened before the thing with Lt. Ross a few chapters back, in which I almost got carried away before I remembered that I've seen the anime. Arakawa does that to you. She also makes you laugh nonstop at moments that should induce sadness and tension, like the meeting with Ed and the newly introduced character. I'm not sure if this is the right way for her to go ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Ed finds something that may make him and Al think differently about what they've doing this whole time, finding info on the stone. Well this one had some twists in the story. Liking the manga series so far.
Jenni Hibdige
We're up to some of my favourite parts in this volume!
Janeen-san
THIS WAS AWESOME!!!!! ED AND AL'S FATHER RETURNS! Unfortunately only Ed is there to get mad at him, because Al is in central with Whinry. (Armstrong dragged Ed away to Resembool that part was HILARIOUS!) The two brothers discover an incredibly secret that just might be the answer they've been searching for! They make a plan to battle Scar and capture a homunculus (sp later)!! Also that Prince dude, Lin, was really funny, eavesdropping on the brothers' conversations and then jumping in the window ...more
Majuchan
Darker
Deeper
Funnier

In this volume the reader is taken to more matured, darker, and deeper into the plot. The Elric brothers uncover more secrets and are into dangerous and complicated quest to get their original body back.

At first I find it hilarious... especially Hohenhiem and Ed's meeting. Ed is obviously hold grudge against his father, but his father shows care to him. He even gave hint regarding their act of reviving Trisha, it opened to new theories and hope for them.

The show is just getti
Sarah Geisz
This series is amazing.
Jay
I think what I like about these books is that the characters really do have some depth to them. Many of them have a mask they wear most all of the time, but every once in a while the reader (and, less often, the other characters) see a different, inner, version of themselves. The other thing I like is that 11 volumes (44 chapters) into the book, new things are being revealed and suddenly roots all the way back to the first volume become clear.
Selena
I would've rated it a four, but sloppy translations and editing made me knock it down a peg. The speech bubbles are all over the place, with characters saying things that ought to be said by a different character in the next panel. If not for the fact this volume has a huge red "V" for VIZ on the side, I would've thought this was translated by Tokyopop for how messy this was.
Courtney
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

Action-packed, thickening plot, three-dimensional characters, and humor drizzled on each character, Fullmetal Alchemist is a book that should definitely be read by all. Left me with tears in my eyes and a warm heart for every character that you meet along Ed and Al's long journey.
Christa  Seeley
This issue was the perfect mix of the emotionally charged and the action packed.

There were so many emotional moments - when Ed confronts his father, when they find out the truth regarding their mother. Oh and Lt. Havoc. My heart just went out to him.

But it still contained all of the fighting and running around that I have come to love about this series.
Jeffrey
Every time I'm unsure how this series can top itself, it lines up another stellar volume. This issue deals with the devil in the details of Ed & Alphonse's ill-fated attempt to bring back their mother, and with the return of the fearsome Scar.

Start at the beginning if you want to try it, but it's still worth reading once you get here.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This is definitely an emotionally charged volume. A lot happens and you get a lot of answers as well. Ed finally gets to see his father again which brings up some important issues that you wouldn't have thought of...it also brings a fair bit of understanding and some closure as well. Very good volume, I can't wait to read more.
ArdnAskelA
De l'action, de l'action et de l'action. Ouais ! Enfin un tome plein d'actions ! Ou du moins, en tout cas, à la fin. ^^ Je pensais avoir un peu près compris toute l'histoire, mais à la fin de ce tome, tout "tombe à l'eau".. De nouveau éléments arrivent et chamboulent ma compréhension.. !! I'm lost..
Joyce
my...this volume is like more like "I-Solved-It!!!!"kind. It was so generous of the author to really get started with the topic; alchemy and the secret of human transmutation. Wow. It's just so good. After reading those not-really-interesting volumes, this came across as more like a saviour.
Loved it.
Rockbell
FMA Reread of 2012:

5/5

Al's declaration of not wanting to spend his nights alone anymore remains in my top favorite scenes in the manga.

Ed's really a genius. His theory about his connection to Al is close to the truth, and he even guesses the Fuhrer's real identity!
Danielle
If I could have given this one 10 stars I would have! Really propels the story forward with lots of emotion, tying up some loose ends while creating some interesting new mysteries to look forward to solving in future volumes. One of the best ones yet!
Mangaphan
Such an important volume. Ed & his father. More information about the 'creature' that Ed & Al transmuted. Continued fallout of the battle from the previous volume. Each chapter is crucial to the plot and absolutely no fat to be seen.
Corley
I love the drama between Edward and Hohenheim, and especially all the events that take place in Resembool. And back in Central, we have more Ling (Lin)...there is such a nice balance of humor and dark undertones! Brilliant.
Ubalstecha
Another excellent installment. We learn about what Edward really brought through the door. Edward and Alphonse are reunited and begin to move forward with their plans.
Chris
Eleven volumes in, I'm hitting reviewer fatigue. Book continues to interest and move along plot and character wise -- no fantastic or moving moments, but a good volume.
Wickedshizuku
May 30, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Santos Santoni
Shelves: manga, need-to-review
We start off this volume with Chapter 42: The Father Before the Grave.

More review to come when editing mode hits.
Cheers Pretties!
Aubrey Hansen
After trying a few other mangas, it was nice to get back to this, which has a plot with some substance... (Read: It isn't utterly stupid.)
  • Bleach Volume 16: Night of Wijnruit (Bleach #16)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 5: Announcement (D.Gray-man, #5)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 9 (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 26: Awakening (Naruto, #26)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 27 (Rurouni Kenshin, #27)
Hiromu Arakawa, 荒川 弘, is a Japanese mangaka famous for the series Fullmetal Alchemist. Her real name is Hiromi Arakawa.

Born on May 8, 1973 in Tokachi, Hokkaidō, Japan, Arakawa was born and raised on a dairy farm with three elder sisters and a younger brother. Arakawa thought about being a manga artist "since [she] was little" and during her school years, she would often draw on textbooks. After gr
More about Hiromu Arakawa...

Fullmetal Alchemist (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 02 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 03 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 04 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 05 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 06 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 07 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 08 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #8)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 09 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #10)
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 02 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 07 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 03 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 05 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)

“The truth is cruel but right.” 8 likes